Ordered decals and grill cloth for my 1939 RCA K60

We'd love to hear about your hobby!
nolaxride
Global Moderator

Re: Ordered decals and grill cloth for my 1939 RCA K60

Post by nolaxride » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:33 pm

Pete wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:51 pm
electronics are allegedly ready. Bill was $150. Gotta pick up the chassis tomorrow and start harassing the cabinet repair guy now LOL
My grandmother had one of those. That's when I learned the value of the first to arrive with a pickup truck.
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

Pete
Site Admin

Re: Ordered decals and grill cloth for my 1939 RCA K60

Post by Pete » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:40 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:33 pm
Pete wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:51 pm
electronics are allegedly ready. Bill was $150. Gotta pick up the chassis tomorrow and start harassing the cabinet repair guy now LOL
My grandmother had one of those. That's when I learned the value of the first to arrive with a pickup truck.
It was crazy how it landed in my lap. All of us (my brothers and cousins) were sitting around at my aunt's house after the funeral and the subject of the radio came up and, IMHO, a lot of people in that room were in line for the radio other than me, but one by one they all declined. I shoved it in the back seat of my little compact car and drove directly into one of the worst snowstorms I had ever seen. I was hoping I could outrun it but I couldn't have been more wrong. The thing that really struck me while driving on the interstate was that there was not another soul on the interstate. Not one. I finally pulled off near Lexington KY and a couple State Troopers pushed me off the exit and I grabbed the last available hotel room. I was stuck there for 2 or 3 days
0 x
"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you"............Rudyard Kipling