Mass Shooting in Australia

"Do you feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?"
Pete
Site Admin

Mass Shooting in Australia

Post by Pete » Sat May 12, 2018 9:08 am

wtf I thought they confiscated the guns how can this be?

PERTH, Australia — The Western Australia police on Saturday identified seven people, including four children, who were found dead from gunshot wounds the day before in what was the country’s worst mass shooting in more than 20 years.

The police were called just after 5 a.m. on Friday to a modest home in Osmington, a village near the tourist town of Margaret River, 170 miles south of Perth. There, in the main house and a converted shed, they discovered the victims, who the police identified on Saturday as Cynda and Peter Miles; their daughter, Katrina Miles; and her four children, two boys and two girls, aged 8 to 13.

Western Australia Police Commissioner Chris Dawson said at a news conference in Margaret River on Saturday that the police were not searching for suspects. Six members of the family were victims of homicide, he said, but not the seventh, suggesting that the police saw the case as a murder-suicide.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/11/worl ... river.html
0 x
"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you"............Rudyard Kipling

Pete
Site Admin

Re: Mass Shooting in Australia

Post by Pete » Sat May 12, 2018 9:21 am

Australia: a cesspool of gun violence :machine-gun:
0 x
"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you"............Rudyard Kipling

brookboy123
Imperial Majesty

Post by brookboy123 » Sat May 12, 2018 9:45 am

Pete wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 9:21 am
So unusual for a civilized nation like Australia.

......par for the course in a nation like ours.

https://twg2a.files.wordpress.com/2011/ ... tress1.jpg
0 x

aluannie@q.com
Royal Highness

Post by aluannie@q.com » Sat May 12, 2018 9:56 am

Pete wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 9:21 am
It is so sad to see the world turning into a collection of armed countries and a readiness for war at any moment. I grew up in a country that would never have heard such things from its government representatives. FDR was elected President the year I was born and growing up I didn't think there was anyone else for President because FDR was always there. Never talk of war or anything like it and then came Pearl Harbor and our lives have never been the same. Seems really to bad that Australia is heading in the same direction.
0 x