American ciders

Favorite foods, restaurants, recipes.........
Shred
Caporegime

American ciders

Post by Shred » Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:51 pm

There's a few American drinks have made it here across the pond, but not cider.

What's the market like for cider in your country?
Do you have the proper (flat) stuff that's really strong and stops your legs working before your head realises you're drunk, or do you have the fizzy pop like stuff which is in abundance in Northern England (the good stuff is not so easy to get up here, but not impossible either).

I've a couple of cans of Strongbow in the fridge, which is a cheapo commercial dry but fizzy cider, it's ok if served cold.
The good stuff is good at any temperature.
0 x
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
They don't alters their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views.

pete
Site Admin

Re: American ciders

Post by pete » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:05 am

Shred wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:51 pm
There's a few American drinks have made it here across the pond, but not cider.

What's the market like for cider in your country?
Do you have the proper (flat) stuff that's really strong and stops your legs working before your head realises you're drunk, or do you have the fizzy pop like stuff which is in abundance in Northern England (the good stuff is not so easy to get up here, but not impossible either).

I've a couple of cans of Strongbow in the fridge, which is a cheapo commercial dry but fizzy cider, it's ok if served cold.
The good stuff is good at any temperature.
Ton of ciders on the store shelves here. Somebody must be buying it
1 x
If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?

Shred
Caporegime

Re: American ciders

Post by Shred » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:05 pm

Good, my great grandfather used to make his own which he'd drink from a double handed stoneware tankard.

My grandfather raved about the stuff. It's always been my favourite drink. But in Yorkshire most cider is fizzy rubbish.
Real cider will blow your socks off before you even realise.

You'll be quite comfortable, feeling fine, and then you can't stand up. The stuff in Yorkshire is mostly tame.

Real cider, treat it like wine.
0 x
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
They don't alters their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views.