got me an LG Stylo 3

Computers, electronics, gadgets....
Pete
Site Admin

got me an LG Stylo 3

Post by Pete » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:39 pm

I know there may be better phones out there but if I dropped a $700 phone in the toilet i'd weep like a little girl
0 x
Nemo me impune lacessit

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:00 pm

Pete wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:39 pm
I know there may be better phones out there but if I dropped a $700 phone in the toilet i'd weep like a little girl
hmm... I think you'd have a different reaction...

Reminds me of a dairy farmer. He's giving a friend a tour. As they are standing in the milking parlor, the farmer whips out his hanky as he sneezes. Unfortunately as he's pulling out the hanky, a few dollars escape too... and they fall into the muck pit. Now, this farmer is well known for being frugal. More than frugal, he's just downright cheap.

The farmer's buddy, knowing how cheap the farmer is, look at they money and laughs. "Looks like that's gone."

"Nope," says the farmer, as he pulls out a $20 and drops it into the muck pit.

"WTF are you doing? Throwing good money after bad?"

The farmer smiled and look at his buddy.

"You didn't think I was going into that pit for a couple of dollars, did you?"
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:48 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:00 pm
Pete wrote:

Reminds me of a dairy farmer. He's giving a friend a tour. As they are standing in the milking parlor, the farmer whips out his hanky as he sneezes. Unfortunately as he's pulling out the hanky, a few dollars escape too... and they fall into the muck pit. Now, this farmer is well known for being frugal. More than frugal, he's just downright cheap.

The farmer's buddy, knowing how cheap the farmer is, look at they money and laughs. "Looks like that's gone."

I traveled to Richmond once to pick up a truckload of items I won in a Gov auction, and I had all the contact info on my cell phone. Within about 30 seconds of checking in to my hotel, I dropped my Nokia into the toilet and within .0009 of a second I had snatched it out. It was not a $700 phone but back in those days the monthly bills were about $700 lol.

I snatched the battery out and baked the phone with a hair dyer for 20-30 mins and somehow it came back to life :mp:
0 x
Nemo me impune lacessit

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:40 pm

Stylo 3 has exceptionally long battery life. Takes a while to fully charge but once you get to 100% youre good to go for hours
0 x
Nemo me impune lacessit

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:21 pm

Pete wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:48 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Pete wrote:

I traveled to Richmond once to pick up a truckload of items I won in a Gov auction, and I had all the contact info on my cell phone. Within about 30 seconds of checking in to my hotel, I dropped my Nokia into the toilet and within .0009 of a second I had snatched it out. It was not a $700 phone but back in those days the monthly bills were about $700 lol.

I snatched the battery out and baked the phone with a hair dyer for 20-30 mins and somehow it came back to life :mp:
A friend had a similar accident.... however, after she had retrieved it, she rinsed it off.... I was tempted to suggest a microwave to dry it.
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:31 am

nolaxride wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:21 pm
Pete wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:48 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Pete wrote:

A friend had a similar accident.... however, after she had retrieved it, she rinsed it off.... I was tempted to suggest a microwave to dry it.
Thank God in my case I had not yet used the toilet so it was relatively clean water
0 x
Nemo me impune lacessit