NOT POLITICS - Any MAC Experts Here?

Computers, electronics, gadgets....
Chester Cheesewright
Underboss

Re: NOT POLITICS - Any MAC Experts Here?

Post by Chester Cheesewright » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:30 pm

Scooter wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:11 pm
Chester Cheesewright wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:55 pm
► A prohibitory symbol, which looks like a circle with a line or slash through it, means that your startup disk contains a Mac operating system, but it's not a version or build of macOS that your Mac can use. Press and hold the power button on your Mac for up to 10 seconds, until your Mac turns off.Aug 17, 2023

https://support.apple.com/en-us/101666# ... urns%20off.
Seen that and I did an install from the web... OPTION-COMMAND-R and it went online to get the install
► Did that install work?
0 x
► Watching fat cats get taxed touches the very depths of a Republican’s soul

Scooter
Underboss

Post by Scooter » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:42 pm

Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:30 pm
Scooter wrote:
► A prohibitory symbol, which looks like a circle with a line or slash through it, means that your startup disk contains a Mac operating system, but it's not a version or build of macOS that your Mac can use. Press and hold the power button on your Mac for up to 10 seconds, until your Mac turns off.Aug 17, 2023

Seen that and I did an install from the web... OPTION-COMMAND-R and it went online to get the install
► Did that install work?

Nope. I acted like it downloads and then nothing. Gray screen
0 x
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men and women were created by the go-, uh, you know the, you know the thing!

Chester Cheesewright
Underboss

Post by Chester Cheesewright » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:11 pm

Scooter wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:42 pm
Scooter wrote:

► Did that install work?

► Well, if you have an Apple Store in the area, a tech will start it up for free

Unless repairs are needed. If repairs are needed and it’s still covered they may exchange it

And save your data too
0 x

Scooter
Underboss

Post by Scooter » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:58 pm

Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:11 pm
Scooter wrote:
Scooter wrote:

► Did that install work?

► Well, if you have an Apple Store in the area, a tech will start it up for free

Unless repairs are needed. If repairs are needed and it’s still covered they may exchange it

And save your data too
It was given to me from work. No data, no nothing. Plus it's an older one, 2015 version I believe :thankyouyellow:
0 x
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men and women were created by the go-, uh, you know the, you know the thing!

Chester Cheesewright
Underboss

Post by Chester Cheesewright » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:11 pm

Scooter wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:58 pm
Scooter wrote:
Scooter wrote:

► Did that install work?

And save your data too
It was given to me from work. No data, no nothing. Plus it's an older one, 2015 version I believe
► Apple stores usually have a lot of techs on the floor who can solve some problems in a minute and hand it back to you

Or
0 x

donttreadonme
Underboss

Post by donttreadonme » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:56 pm

Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:11 pm
Scooter wrote:
Scooter wrote:
Scooter wrote:

► Did that install work?

And save your data too
It was given to me from work. No data, no nothing. Plus it's an older one, 2015 version I believe
► Apple stores usually have a lot of techs on the floor who can solve some problems in a minute and hand it back to you

Or
Don't waste your time with that jerkoff. He stole a computer and it was flagged.

Hopefully she'll be arrested soon.
0 x
"I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection"

Chester Cheesewright
Underboss

Post by Chester Cheesewright » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:01 pm

donttreadonme wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:56 pm
Scooter wrote:
Scooter wrote:
Scooter wrote:

► Did that install work?

And save your data too

Or
Don't waste your time with that jerkoff. He stole a computer and it was flagged.

► I Took one back and got another

Also took one back and a tech on the floor fixed it on the spot

I even told one tech I had dropped my iPad on the floor and he said. “I wouldn’t tell them that”
0 x

Scooter
Underboss

Post by Scooter » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:57 am

donttreadonme wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:56 pm
Scooter wrote:
Scooter wrote:
Scooter wrote:

► Did that install work?

And save your data too

Or

Well, you can think what you want slappycck... your FAILS are fkng delicious... TEEEEEEEEEHEEEHEEHEEHEEHEEEE

you dumb fggot.
1 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:07 pm

Scooter wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:46 pm
I have an older MacBook Pro A1286 that I got from work. It booted up just fine, but with all the old users stuff. It had Sierra OS on it, I followed instructions on reinstalling the O/S. HOWEVER, now when I turn it on, I get the gray screen with the circle with the line through it. I did the OPT-CMD-R to install from the web. It did something for about 5 minutes, rebooted to nothing again. I do a CMD-R to get into disk manager, and nothing but a gray screen.

Anyone?
I'm guessing you don't have a backup. Sounds like the SSD might be fried.

Make sure the machine is completely shut down. Hold the power button down for 10 seconds or more.

Disconnect all peripheral devices, including bluetooth devices.

Start with rebooting into the recovery OS (CMD-R)

From the Recovery Screen, run the Disk Utility. Let it fix whatever it finds.

On the upper right, next to the battery icon is the wifi icon. Make sure you're connected to the internet.

Try reinstalling from the disk image again.
0 x
-- 滑板車是個文盲

Scooter
Underboss

Post by Scooter » Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:26 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:07 pm
Scooter wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:46 pm
I have an older MacBook Pro A1286 that I got from work. It booted up just fine, but with all the old users stuff. It had Sierra OS on it, I followed instructions on reinstalling the O/S. HOWEVER, now when I turn it on, I get the gray screen with the circle with the line through it. I did the OPT-CMD-R to install from the web. It did something for about 5 minutes, rebooted to nothing again. I do a CMD-R to get into disk manager, and nothing but a gray screen.

Anyone?
I'm guessing you don't have a backup. Sounds like the SSD might be fried.

Make sure the machine is completely shut down. Hold the power button down for 10 seconds or more.

Disconnect all peripheral devices, including bluetooth devices.

Start with rebooting into the recovery OS (CMD-R)

From the Recovery Screen, run the Disk Utility. Let it fix whatever it finds.

On the upper right, next to the battery icon is the wifi icon. Make sure you're connected to the internet.

Try reinstalling from the disk image again.
It worked fine when I got it. Was working, and I was clearing it off and reloading Sierra. It won't even go into the disk utility now. No biggie, was just gonna tinker with it.
0 x