BLACK PEOPLE ARE BEING PUSHED OUT OF ATLANTA.

No way, man!
Pete
Site Admin

BLACK PEOPLE ARE BEING PUSHED OUT OF ATLANTA.

Post by Pete » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:40 am

I drove into town a few days ago and I have seen no evidence of this. I'm calling BS

Drivers heading down I-285 near Camp Creek Parkway have been faced with a billboard unlike most of the others they pass.

Displayed across a black background, bold white letters in all caps read: BLACK PEOPLE ARE BEING PUSHED OUT OF ATLANTA.

That controversial message, referring to gentrification in the city, comes at a time when concerns about affordable housing have been increasingly in the spotlight.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/285-billb ... q27OoJk0M/
0 x
I broke a mirror at my house. It's supposed to bring seven years bad luck but my lawyer thinks he can get me five

numarymag
Majesty

Post by numarymag » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:17 am

Pete wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:40 am
I drove into town a few days ago and I have seen no evidence of this. I'm calling BS

Drivers heading down I-285 near Camp Creek Parkway have been faced with a billboard unlike most of the others they pass.

Displayed across a black background, bold white letters in all caps read: BLACK PEOPLE ARE BEING PUSHED OUT OF ATLANTA.

That controversial message, referring to gentrification in the city, comes at a time when concerns about affordable housing have been increasingly in the spotlight.

It seems there may be a "hidden" meaning:
"Black People Are Being Pushed Out Of Atlanta” Billboard

An anti-gentrification billboard is making national headlines. On Atlanta’s I-285 highway, drivers are seeing a billboard that reads, “Black people are being pushed out of Atlanta”—which is indeed true.

In addition to the message, however, there’s a deeper meaning behind it. The billboard is actually advertising a documentary from Black Channel Films.

The doc is called “Gentrified” and it’s said to explore “the unspoken ethnic component behind the most devastating socioeconomic movement in American society today.”
According to The AJC , the film was shown at 6 p.m. Saturday at the Shrine of the Black Madonna Cultural Center and Bookstore in Atlanta. It was also followed by a Q&A with Mary Gill of WAOK 1380 AM.
The documentary will also be shown in New York, Chicago, London, Detroit, Houston and Washington D.C.

It’s interesting to see gentrification explored in depth in a project like this.

Do YOU think your city has a gentrification problem???"
http://tro9.com/atl-billboard-says-blac ... ssage.html
0 x

brookboy123
Heir Apparent

Post by brookboy123 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:38 am

Pete wrote:

I saw one of my favorite billboards while driving through Alabama back in the 80's.......

SATAN LOVES A DUSTY BIBLE.
0 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:54 pm

Pete wrote:

Gentrification is a fact of life. I'm curious as to where they are being pushed and what's happening to those property values.
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:12 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:54 pm
Pete wrote:

Gentrification is a fact of life. I'm curious as to where they are being pushed and what's happening to those property values.
anybody who gets pushed out of atlanta should give a hearty thanks to the pusher. the nice neighborhoods are NOT in atlanta :thankyouyellow:
0 x
I broke a mirror at my house. It's supposed to bring seven years bad luck but my lawyer thinks he can get me five

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:32 am

Pete wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:12 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:54 pm
Pete wrote:

anybody who gets pushed out of atlanta should give a hearty thanks to the pusher. the nice neighborhoods are NOT in atlanta :thankyouyellow:
Thanks. That's what I remembered from my few visits to Atlanta. Then again, I"m sure there's an official definition of 'gentrification'...
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx