Pete
Site Admin

Re: Gotta have old black lab put down tomorrow

Post by Pete » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:21 pm

JDDJR wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:14 pm
Pete wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:33 am
I probably held out longer than I should have but after 14 years weve grown quite fond of him

:gromit:
Did old black lab have a name......Mr. Pete..?

I had to have my Yellow Lab put down two years ago....She was only 8. A month earlier our Vet said she was in perfect health I sure miss my Rosie :u:

Never found out if it was cancer or poison......

My wife missed her so much she talked to a counselor during one of her visits to MD Anderson. About a month later my wife comes home with 2 puppies. Sisters, one a Yellow Lab and the other sister, a Fox-coat Lab. The Wife is happy so I'm happy, too.
Chance is his name. I took my daughter to get a small dog when she was in grade school. The small dog was gone so we picked him out of a litter of black puppies.

I think my daughter got the name Chance from TV or film
0 x
You never know what you have until it's gone. So I got rid of everything so I could see what I had

JDDJR
Nobility

Post by JDDJR » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:37 pm

Pete wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:21 pm
JDDJR wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:14 pm
Pete wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:33 am
I probably held out longer than I should have but after 14 years weve grown quite fond of him

:gromit:
Did old black lab have a name......Mr. Pete..?

I had to have my Yellow Lab put down two years ago....She was only 8. A month earlier our Vet said she was in perfect health I sure miss my Rosie :u:

Never found out if it was cancer or poison......

My wife missed her so much she talked to a counselor during one of her visits to MD Anderson. About a month later my wife comes home with 2 puppies. Sisters, one a Yellow Lab and the other sister, a Fox-coat Lab. The Wife is happy so I'm happy, too.
Chance is his name. I took my daughter to get a small dog when she was in grade school. The small dog was gone so we picked him out of a litter of black puppies.

I think my daughter got the name Chance from TV or film
The hardest part for me has always been comforting the animal while waiting for the Drugs to take the dogs life..
Be strong Pete, crying is a good thing...
RIP Chance.....know that Pete loves you....
1 x

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:08 am

Quiz: How long does it take an elderly lab to eat a 17 oz ribeye?

A. Less than a minute

B. Two minutes

C. Five minutes

:sablier:
0 x
You never know what you have until it's gone. So I got rid of everything so I could see what I had

numarymag
Imperial Majesty

Post by numarymag » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:09 am

Pete wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:08 am

A. Less than a minute

B. Two minutes

C. Five minutes

Oh Pete I am so sorry that you have this awful task. It took everything I had to put my beloved Mac the Dog down. I cried thru the whole thing and for many days afterward. Still get tears when I think of him.
1 x

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:37 am

numarymag wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:09 am
Pete wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:08 am

A. Less than a minute

B. Two minutes

C. Five minutes

Oh Pete I am so sorry that you have this awful task. It took everything I had to put my beloved Mac the Dog down. I cried thru the whole thing and for many days afterward. Still get tears when I think of him.
The answer is less than a minute. When I made the OP I thought it was Friday. The actual vet visit was this am. We just now buried him up behind the house
0 x