RIP to our family cat Holly

Pet or animal stories
Pete
Site Admin

RIP to our family cat Holly

Post by Pete » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:52 am

She was a good old mouser. Seems like yesterday when my little girl picked her out at the shelter 14 years ago.

The health issues were not survivable and she started exhibiting signs of pain, so we had to let her go.

She'll rest now up under a big oak along with Scooter, Lucy and Starbuck, and a slew of other small pet animals and birds

:chat:
0 x
Nemo me impune lacessit

numarymag
Imperial Majesty

Post by numarymag » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:57 am

Pete wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:52 am
She was a good old mouser. Seems like yesterday when my little girl picked her out at the shelter 14 years ago.

The health issues were not survivable and she started exhibiting signs of pain, so we had to let her go.

She'll rest now up under a big oak along with Scooter, Lucy and Starbuck, and a slew of other small pet animals and birds

I'm so sorry Pete - it is really hard to lose a long time pet. I know when I had to have my little Westie put down it near broke my heart - he was just over 13. My Vet does a nice thing - they do a paw print and your Pet's name on a molded stone mixture in the shape of a tombstone. I now have Mac's ashes buried in my flower garden with his headstone.
0 x

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:07 am

numarymag wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:57 am
Pete wrote:

I'm so sorry Pete - it is really hard to lose a long time pet. I know when I had to have my little Westie put down it near broke my heart - he was just over 13. My Vet does a nice thing - they do a paw print and your Pet's name on a molded stone mixture in the shape of a tombstone. I now have Mac's ashes buried in my flower garden with his headstone.

Thanks. We got a pawprint also. The only upside is that we knew without a doubt it was time. She lost a pound of body weight each week for the last two weeks and doc says she only had a few more days.

This cat was the one attacked by a pitbull in my garage when she was very young. My wife and I pounded the dog in the head with 2x4s and hand tools, but it would not let the cat go. I finally decided to pull my pistol and kill the dog. We were on our property in our own garage, minding our own business when a neighbors pit bull came running in. Took me about 1500 bucks to put Holly back together. The vets called her "Miracle Kitty" from then on
1 x
Nemo me impune lacessit

numarymag
Imperial Majesty

Post by numarymag » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:18 am

Pete wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:07 am
numarymag wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:57 am
Pete wrote:

Thanks. We got a pawprint also. The only upside is that we knew without a doubt it was time. She lost a pound of body weight each week for the last two weeks and doc says she only had a few more days.

This cat was the one attacked by a pitbull in my garage when she was very young. My wife and I pounded the dog in the head with 2x4s and hand tools, but it would not let the cat go. I finally decided to pull my pistol and kill the dog. We were on our property in our own garage, minding our own business when a neighbors pit bull came running in. Took me about 1500 bucks to put Holly back together. The vets called her "Miracle Kitty" from then on
I know people that would say you were crazy for that kind of emotion over an animal but I'm with you. Mac has been gone a couple of years and I just picked up a rescue dog a few months ago. He'd been mistreated and it is amazing how long it took for him to trust me and become my pet. Now he runs the household (I also have 2 cats Nip & Tuck) - he's toy poodle and his name is Pepe' la Pooch.
0 x

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:23 am

The way I had it figured, one family would be crying over a lost pet that night, and why should it be my little girl's animal
0 x
Nemo me impune lacessit

numarymag
Imperial Majesty

Post by numarymag » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:25 am

Pete wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:23 am
The way I had it figured, one family would be crying over a lost pet that night, and why should it be my little girl's animal
I think you made the right choice.
0 x