Ocasio-Cortez (D) Mourns Restaurant Driven Out Of Business -- By Minimum Wage Law She Backs!!!

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
barrysoetoro
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

Re: Ocasio-Cortez (D) Mourns Restaurant Driven Out Of Business -- By Minimum Wage Law She Backs!!!

Post by barrysoetoro » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:45 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:03 am
barrysoetoro wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:29 pm
Tejanochimbo wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:23 am
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:02 pm
Tejanochimbo wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:40 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:13 pm
Tejanochimbo wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:56 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:19 pm
donttreadonme wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:31 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:51 pm
https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... wage-jobs/

Economic Illiteracy: This week, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez "swung by" to say goodbye to a restaurant where she used to work. What she didn't say is that it is closing because the owners can't afford New York City's soon-to-be $15 minimum wage — the very job-killing policy Ocasio-Cortez and her fellow Democrats want to impose nationwide.

"The restaurant I used to work at is closing its doors," Ocasio-Cortez tweeted on Monday. "I swung by today to say hi one last time, and kid around with friends like old times."

She was referring to the popular Coffee Shop in Union Square, which was frequented by A-list celebrities and featured on "Sex and the City." Despite its popularity, the Coffee Shop is going out of business. Why?

Co-owner Charles Milite told the New York Post that the main reason was "the minimum wage is going up and we have a huge number of employees."

In New York City, businesses that employ more than 11 people — the Coffee Shop had more than 150 employees — saw the minimum wage jump $2 an hour to $13 this year. And they face another $2 increase starting next year. For businesses like restaurants that hire a lot of unskilled labor, that means a government-imposed 36% increase in labor costs in just two years.

Even a successful business will find it hard to absorb a cost spike of that magnitude.

As a result, Milite's 150 workers will soon see their actual wage drop to zero.

Many others will join them.

The American Action Forum calculates that minimum wage hikes in cities and states around the country this year will kill 261,000 jobs — with most of the lost jobs concentrated in California and New York.

As we noted in this space recently, San Francisco saw far more restaurants close than open after its minimum wage went to $14 last summer. It climbed to $15 this summer.

When TV host Trevor Noah asked Ocasio-Cortez whether a $15 national minimum wage would stifle economic growth, here was her answer:

"Raising the minimum wage to a living wage will expand the economy. It will create wealth in our economy. And it will increase economic activity in this country."

KEEP ON VOTING DEMOCRAT YOU LIBERAL BUNCH OF IDIOTS!!! KEEP ON REPEATING THE SAME MISTAKES OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER....

tejano = "yes yes yes, raise min wage, tax corporations. do it again. do it again"
So they're blaming something that hasn't happened yet?

Got it, Cletus. :lo2l:
They can't afford 15 an hour, you piece of fecal matter.
► They can afford it

But whenever it comes up on here you fret over some old grandma who’ll go out of business if she has to pay her employee another dollar
No, moron. If the waitress, bartender, and burger flipper are all gonna make 30k/year, then guess what? Everyone else CURRENTLY making that amount is also gonna want a raise!!!

Go give that bum on the street $100 bucks so he can buy food - YOU CAN AFFORD IT!!!!! DO IT CHIMPO!!! YOU CAN AFFORD IT!!!
► So, everyone wants a raise

What else is new?
You still support job killing big gov't tax'da rich policies.
► Taxes create jobs

I worked for Texas Instruments and Raytheon and we needed govt contracts to keep our jobs.

Taxes pave the streets in front of your house and educate the kids in your community.

Taxes make this the greatest country in history

Why are you addicted to doctrine? You’re so full of it no one can talk to you
Only because you had a product that the government needed. So, essentially it creates government jobs. There's already plenty of those. And the government is already raking in record Revenue! So I don't know what you're talking about.

What an idiot. How does taxes make our country great? Kids are failing at school! Our country is great because taxes are low here, moron. In Canada, they steal 60% of your income. Europe is just as bad.
Sometimes you are really fúckîng stupid.

You not only don't understand the multiplier effect of a dollar, you don't understand how government purchases in the private sector help our economy.

If a company sells a product to the government does that federal money spend differently?
HOW DOES TAXES MAKE OUR COUNTRY GREAT?????

YOU ARE F#CKING STUPID. NO WONDER EVERYONE CALLS YOU NOBRAIN.
0 x
Democrats = the party of illegals over Americans, refugees over veterans, and death over life. Yet liberals think this is good for the country

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Re: Ocasio-Cortez (D) Mourns Restaurant Driven Out Of Business -- By Minimum Wage Law She Backs!!!

Post by nolaxride » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:17 am

barrysoetoro wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:45 pm
nolaxride wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
donttreadonme wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:31 pm

So they're blaming something that hasn't happened yet?

Got it, Cletus. :lo2l:
► They can afford it

But whenever it comes up on here you fret over some old grandma who’ll go out of business if she has to pay her employee another dollar
No, moron. If the waitress, bartender, and burger flipper are all gonna make 30k/year, then guess what? Everyone else CURRENTLY making that amount is also gonna want a raise!!!

Go give that bum on the street $100 bucks so he can buy food - YOU CAN AFFORD IT!!!!! DO IT CHIMPO!!! YOU CAN AFFORD IT!!!

What else is new?
► Taxes create jobs

I worked for Texas Instruments and Raytheon and we needed govt contracts to keep our jobs.

Taxes pave the streets in front of your house and educate the kids in your community.

Only because you had a product that the government needed. So, essentially it creates government jobs. There's already plenty of those. And the government is already raking in record Revenue! So I don't know what you're talking about.

What an idiot. How does taxes make our country great? Kids are failing at school! Our country is great because taxes are low here, moron. In Canada, they steal 60% of your income. Europe is just as bad.

You not only don't understand the multiplier effect of a dollar, you don't understand how government purchases in the private sector help our economy.

If a company sells a product to the government does that federal money spend differently?

Thanks for illustrating your vast knowledge of the nature of government. People use the term 'nobrain' because their IQ isn't capable of a more original flame. Those are the same posters who can't define 'liberal' or 'conservative' and are afraid of engaging in an honest debate. You know, posters like you. I’m jealous of people that don’t know you!
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius

aluannie@q.com
Majesty

Post by aluannie@q.com » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:21 am

nolaxride wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:17 am
barrysoetoro wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:

► They can afford it

What else is new?
► Taxes create jobs

Thanks for illustrating your vast knowledge of the nature of government. People use the term 'nobrain' because their IQ isn't capable of a more original flame. Those are the same posters who can't define 'liberal' or 'conservative' and are afraid of engaging in an honest debate. You know, posters like you. I’m jealous of people that don’t know you!
I see no difference in your demeaning post and the post you are condemning.
0 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:33 am

aluannie@q.com wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:21 am
nolaxride wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:

► They can afford it

What else is new?
► Taxes create jobs

Really? You don't discern the vulgarity to which I am responding?
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius

aluannie@q.com
Majesty

Post by aluannie@q.com » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:39 am

nolaxride wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:33 am
aluannie@q.com wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:

What else is new?
► Taxes create jobs

Of course I see the vulgarity and I also see a MOD indulging in a personal attack which is often condemned by said poster.
0 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:11 am

aluannie@q.com wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:39 am
nolaxride wrote:
aluannie@q.com wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:

What else is new?
► Taxes create jobs

Of course I see the vulgarity and I also see a MOD indulging in a personal attack which is often condemned by said poster.
OK. Please show me the 'personal' attack...
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius

Bigbaddoe
Global Moderator

Post by Bigbaddoe » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:33 am

nolaxride wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:11 am
aluannie@q.com wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
aluannie@q.com wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:

► Taxes create jobs

I saw no personal attack. Yet I have seen a few from her AND her little followers.
0 x

barrysoetoro
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

Post by barrysoetoro » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:15 pm

Bigbaddoe wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:33 am
nolaxride wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:11 am
aluannie@q.com wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
aluannie@q.com wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:

► Taxes create jobs

I saw no personal attack. Yet I have seen a few from her AND her little followers.
RULE VIOLATION REMOVED
0 x
Democrats = the party of illegals over Americans, refugees over veterans, and death over life. Yet liberals think this is good for the country