Things That Go Boom In The Night

Israel/Palestine issue? Brexit? Human Rights?
Shred
Associate
Posts: 1293
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:53 pm

Re: Things That Go Boom In The Night

Post by Shred » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:08 am

That's strange.
1 x
Two wrongs don't make a right.

User avatar
psk836
Caporegime
Posts: 24774
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:22 am

Re: Things That Go Boom In The Night

Post by psk836 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:58 am

And another reported explosion.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran ... SKBN24A3F9

I think somebody does not want Iran to develop nuclear weapons. And it seems that someone can strike Iran at will.
1 x

User avatar
psk836
Caporegime
Posts: 24774
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:22 am

Re: Things That Go Boom In The Night

Post by psk836 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:56 pm

1 x

User avatar
psk836
Caporegime
Posts: 24774
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:22 am

Re: Things That Go Boom In The Night

Post by psk836 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:01 pm

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/total ... sis-634605

"What the world is witnessing right now is someone – the United States, Israel or Saudi Arabia, possibly with Iranian dissident proxy help – hitting Iranian nuclear and conventional weapons and IRGC facilities practically at will. And they are doing it in a way that has virtually never been witnessed in recent memory.
The IRGC has had more than two weeks to root out the cell or cells that are making this happen and has gotten nowhere.
It is almost like the intelligence forces making these attacks happen are playing three-dimensional chess and the IRGC is playing only checkers."

"The questions remaining then, are how long these attacks can continue and whether Iran can cope with them or try to make some sort of secret contact to cut a deal to get them stopped.
If it does not, the message from whoever is making this happen is clear: Continued aggressive actions on nuclear and other fronts will lead to consequences that the ayatollahs had never imagined."
0 x

User avatar
Lily
Associate
Posts: 2112
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:11 pm

Re: Things That Go Boom In The Night

Post by Lily » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:05 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:22 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:13 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:05 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:44 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:49 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:41 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:04 am
barrysoetoro wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:36 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:34 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:21 pm
They should have all the regulating that we have, then things never go wrong.
You make a good point.
Indeed, a liberal like you agrees with regulating. You'd probably give Obama dictatorial powers.
Are there any regulations with which you agree?
go back in time when all those factories and jobs were located here. That will do.
Those jobs didn't leave because of regulations.
Oh.
The Harvard Busines Review studied the issue. They found that 70% cited lower wages as the main reason for leaving.

https://www.cfr.org/blog/why-companies- ... -them-back

That's not to say some businesses didn't leave because of regulations. Certainly, some did. But you can't blame regulations for everything.
Hey loser, you liberals have regulated this country to death! Taxes, regulations, unions, companies have had enough. They outsource them and don't have to put up with all that crap.
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. There's your expected screed. Are you capable of discussing the topic? I just provided proof regulation was not the primary reason companies left and all you have is your normal screed.

So, if you're correct, companies wouldn't be moving back. But they are. Why? Companies that left in the 90s, and early 20s, are coming back to more regulations and more taxes than when they left. Why? Or maybe your understanding of business and economics is so paltry that you're incapable of intelligent discourse.

And you're wrong on taxes. The federal tax rate has been incredibly stable. Reagan lowered it to 40 percent in '68. Bush lowered it to 34 percent in '88. Clinton raised it to 35 percent in '93, and that's where it stayed until 2018. So that great outflow of manufacturing wasn't due to taxes.
"maybe your understanding of business and economics is so paltry that you're incapable of intelligent discourse."
:up: :rolling: :guffaw:
0 x
Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

User avatar
psk836
Caporegime
Posts: 24774
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:22 am

Re: Things That Go Boom In The Night

Post by psk836 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:00 am

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran ... 4K0BE?il=0

"(Reuters) - An explosion occurred at a power plant in Iran’s central Isfahan province on Sunday but there were no casualties, the official IRNA news agency reported.

The blast was caused by the wear and tear of a transformer at the power plant in Islamabad, the managing director of the Isfahan power company told IRNA.

Power was interrupted for two hours, he said.

There have been several explosions and fires around Iranian military, nuclear and industrial facilities since late June."

Yes, wear and tear.
1 x

User avatar
nolaxride
Global Moderator
Posts: 26612
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Re: Things That Go Boom In The Night

Post by nolaxride » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:48 pm

psk836 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:00 am
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran ... 4K0BE?il=0

"(Reuters) - An explosion occurred at a power plant in Iran’s central Isfahan province on Sunday but there were no casualties, the official IRNA news agency reported.

The blast was caused by the wear and tear of a transformer at the power plant in Islamabad, the managing director of the Isfahan power company told IRNA.

Power was interrupted for two hours, he said.

There have been several explosions and fires around Iranian military, nuclear and industrial facilities since late June."

Yes, wear and tear.
At a power plant, it's believable. That it was restored in two hours tells me it was at the step up substation.
0 x
-- Ο Μπάρι είναι ηλίθιος

User avatar
barrysoetoro
Consigliere
Posts: 55934
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Re: Things That Go Boom In The Night

Post by barrysoetoro » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:38 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:22 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:13 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:05 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:44 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:49 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:41 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:04 am
barrysoetoro wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:36 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:34 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:21 pm
They should have all the regulating that we have, then things never go wrong.
You make a good point.
Indeed, a liberal like you agrees with regulating. You'd probably give Obama dictatorial powers.
Are there any regulations with which you agree?
go back in time when all those factories and jobs were located here. That will do.
Those jobs didn't leave because of regulations.
Oh.
The Harvard Busines Review studied the issue. They found that 70% cited lower wages as the main reason for leaving.

https://www.cfr.org/blog/why-companies- ... -them-back

That's not to say some businesses didn't leave because of regulations. Certainly, some did. But you can't blame regulations for everything.
Hey loser, you liberals have regulated this country to death! Taxes, regulations, unions, companies have had enough. They outsource them and don't have to put up with all that crap.
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. There's your expected screed. Are you capable of discussing the topic? I just provided proof regulation was not the primary reason companies left and all you have is your normal screed.

So, if you're correct, companies wouldn't be moving back. But they are. Why? Companies that left in the 90s, and early 20s, are coming back to more regulations and more taxes than when they left. Why? Or maybe your understanding of business and economics is so paltry that you're incapable of intelligent discourse.

And you're wrong on taxes. The federal tax rate has been incredibly stable. Reagan lowered it to 40 percent in '68. Bush lowered it to 34 percent in '88. Clinton raised it to 35 percent in '93, and that's where it stayed until 2018. So that great outflow of manufacturing wasn't due to taxes.
Which companies are you talking about?

Which taxes are you talking about, corporate tax? Income tax?

my hometown is dead thanks to all the damn regulations that you claim companies don't mind putting up with.
0 x

User avatar
nolaxride
Global Moderator
Posts: 26612
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Re: Things That Go Boom In The Night

Post by nolaxride » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:47 am

barrysoetoro wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:38 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:22 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:13 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:05 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:44 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:49 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:41 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:04 am
barrysoetoro wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:36 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:34 pm


You make a good point.
Indeed, a liberal like you agrees with regulating. You'd probably give Obama dictatorial powers.
Are there any regulations with which you agree?
go back in time when all those factories and jobs were located here. That will do.
Those jobs didn't leave because of regulations.
Oh.
The Harvard Busines Review studied the issue. They found that 70% cited lower wages as the main reason for leaving.

https://www.cfr.org/blog/why-companies- ... -them-back

That's not to say some businesses didn't leave because of regulations. Certainly, some did. But you can't blame regulations for everything.
Hey loser, you liberals have regulated this country to death! Taxes, regulations, unions, companies have had enough. They outsource them and don't have to put up with all that crap.
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. There's your expected screed. Are you capable of discussing the topic? I just provided proof regulation was not the primary reason companies left and all you have is your normal screed.

So, if you're correct, companies wouldn't be moving back. But they are. Why? Companies that left in the 90s, and early 20s, are coming back to more regulations and more taxes than when they left. Why? Or maybe your understanding of business and economics is so paltry that you're incapable of intelligent discourse.

And you're wrong on taxes. The federal tax rate has been incredibly stable. Reagan lowered it to 40 percent in '68. Bush lowered it to 34 percent in '88. Clinton raised it to 35 percent in '93, and that's where it stayed until 2018. So that great outflow of manufacturing wasn't due to taxes.
Which companies are you talking about?

Which taxes are you talking about, corporate tax? Income tax?

my hometown is dead thanks to all the damn regulations that you claim companies don't mind putting up with.
I can explain it to you, I can't understand it for you.

Here's a number for you. 142,000 jobs. That's the number offshored under Trump.
0 x
-- Ο Μπάρι είναι ηλίθιος

Post Reply