More Cities Endorse Vigilatism

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
User avatar
psk836
Get in my Belly!
Posts: 21201
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:22 am

More Cities Endorse Vigilatism

Post by psk836 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:44 pm

As police publicly acknowledge they will not arrest or prosecute criminals and let the rest out of prison.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/cincinnati ... s/31908793

I’m glad I don’t live in a city right now.
1 x

User avatar
Evil
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 48513
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: More Cities Endorse Vigilatism

Post by Evil » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:44 pm

"Police will no longer respond to assault reports, unless a suspect is still present or the victim requires medical attention, breaking and entering reports unless a suspect is still present, menacing reports "unless suspect is expected or threatens to return or is part of the elements of domestic violence" or theft reports "where there is no possibility of immediate apprehension.'"

Reasonable people can see the logic behind such a temporary policy.
1 x
"Then I have an Article 2, where I have the right to do whatever I want as president." - Would-be-King Donny

User avatar
psk836
Get in my Belly!
Posts: 21201
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:22 am

Re: More Cities Endorse Vigilatism

Post by psk836 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:52 pm

Get this. Police are emptying out the prisons of criminals and threatening to lock up law abiding citizens who violate lockdown orders. How fucked up is that?
1 x

User avatar
Evil
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 48513
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: More Cities Endorse Vigilatism

Post by Evil » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:11 pm

It would be pretty fucked up if it were true.
0 x
"Then I have an Article 2, where I have the right to do whatever I want as president." - Would-be-King Donny

User avatar
Lily
Royal Highness
Posts: 1856
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:11 pm

Re: More Cities Endorse Vigilatism

Post by Lily » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:33 pm

Evil wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:44 pm
"Police will no longer respond to assault reports, unless a suspect is still present or the victim requires medical attention, breaking and entering reports unless a suspect is still present, menacing reports "unless suspect is expected or threatens to return or is part of the elements of domestic violence" or theft reports "where there is no possibility of immediate apprehension.'"

Reasonable people can see the logic behind such a temporary policy.
What is Vigilatism?
0 x
America is changing it's motto to "Me! Me! Me!"
E pluribus unum has failed.

antifa
Heir Presumptive
Posts: 2439
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:12 pm

Re: More Cities Endorse Vigilatism

Post by antifa » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:38 pm

Lily wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:33 pm
Evil wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:44 pm
"Police will no longer respond to assault reports, unless a suspect is still present or the victim requires medical attention, breaking and entering reports unless a suspect is still present, menacing reports "unless suspect is expected or threatens to return or is part of the elements of domestic violence" or theft reports "where there is no possibility of immediate apprehension.'"

Reasonable people can see the logic behind such a temporary policy.
What is Vigilatism?
It's when a bunch of women get together.
0 x

User avatar
Evil
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 48513
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: More Cities Endorse Vigilatism

Post by Evil » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:39 am

Lily wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:33 pm
Evil wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:44 pm
"Police will no longer respond to assault reports, unless a suspect is still present or the victim requires medical attention, breaking and entering reports unless a suspect is still present, menacing reports "unless suspect is expected or threatens to return or is part of the elements of domestic violence" or theft reports "where there is no possibility of immediate apprehension.'"

Reasonable people can see the logic behind such a temporary policy.
What is Vigilatism?
Hyperbole
0 x
"Then I have an Article 2, where I have the right to do whatever I want as president." - Would-be-King Donny

User avatar
psk836
Get in my Belly!
Posts: 21201
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:22 am

Re: More Cities Endorse Vigilatism

Post by psk836 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:16 am

Evil wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:11 pm
It would be pretty #@#@ up if it were true.
So then I guess for once you agree.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/cri ... story.html

"A number of Cook County Jail detainees — including “serial stowaway” Marilyn Hartman — have been quietly ordered released this week to help relieve jail crowding amid the coronavirus pandemic."

https://abc7chicago.com/6051898/

"We're going to give you an admonition and if you don't turn right away and head home, then you're going to get a citation," said Lightfoot. "And if worse, yeah, we will take you into custody."
Last edited by psk836 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

User avatar
Evil
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 48513
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: More Cities Endorse Vigilatism

Post by Evil » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:17 am

psk836 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:16 am
Evil wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:11 pm
It would be pretty #@#@ up if it were true.
So then I guess for once once you agree.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/cri ... story.html

"A number of Cook County Jail detainees — including “serial stowaway” Marilyn Hartman — have been quietly ordered released this week to help relieve jail crowding amid the coronavirus pandemic."

https://abc7chicago.com/6051898/

"We're going to give you an admonition and if you don't turn right away and head home, then you're going to get a citation," said Lightfoot. "And if worse, yeah, we will take you into custody."
They are fining people. Can you provide an example of someone being locked up for disobeying a lockdown order? Or an example of a city endorsing vigilantism
0 x
"Then I have an Article 2, where I have the right to do whatever I want as president." - Would-be-King Donny

User avatar
psk836
Get in my Belly!
Posts: 21201
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:22 am

Re: More Cities Endorse Vigilatism

Post by psk836 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:19 am

Evil wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:17 am
psk836 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:16 am
Evil wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:11 pm
It would be pretty #@#@ up if it were true.
So then I guess for once once you agree.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/cri ... story.html

"A number of Cook County Jail detainees — including “serial stowaway” Marilyn Hartman — have been quietly ordered released this week to help relieve jail crowding amid the coronavirus pandemic."

https://abc7chicago.com/6051898/

"We're going to give you an admonition and if you don't turn right away and head home, then you're going to get a citation," said Lightfoot. "And if worse, yeah, we will take you into custody."
They are fining people. Can you provide an example of someone being locked up for disobeying a lockdown order? Or an example of a city endorsing vigilantism
I just gave you Chicago's mayor's quote stating that that is the city's intention. To lock up normally law abiding people after releasing convicted criminals.
0 x

Post Reply