Lev Parnas Says Trump Knew Everything In Ukraine Scandal

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
User avatar
Evil
Underboss
Posts: 49956
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: Lev Parnas Says Trump Knew Everything In Ukraine Scandal

Post by Evil » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:53 pm

KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:46 pm
Evil wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:11 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:05 pm
Evil wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:04 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:03 pm
Chester Cheesewright wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:00 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:55 pm
Chester Cheesewright wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:53 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:48 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:03 pm


In the real world, no matter who wins, someone is going to be complaining.
True.
► Someone will complain about all the outrageous taxes fat cats are supposed to pay
It won’t be me. I support a wealth tax on people who have 500 million or more.
► I'll go for that, and as soon as I get $500 million I'll pay it
I also favor returning the tax law to the pre 2018 levels. Raise the top rate and corporate tax rate to previous levels and bring back the SALT deductions.
Why bring back the SALT deduction?
Fairness to working families in high tax states. Double taxes are crippling.
It benefits only 3% of middle class households, but 90% of the top 1%. My question is why should anyone get a break from paying their fair share into the federal coffer because their state has higher tax rates than others?
People who live in states like NY, Conn,N.J and MA have a higher cost of living and are net givers to dependent states. Almost all Long Island home owners benefit from the SALT deductions. We pay more than our fair share compared to those in low tax states with no state income tax like Texas and Florida. Our taxes go mostly to education and entitlements . So you go along with the GOP on this who did it to screw taxpayers in states that vote mostly democratic.
The stats don't lie. It's a very small percentage of the middle class benefiting from the cap. Without the deduction, all states pay in at the same rate. Some, mostly red states, end up taking more back out of the system. That's an entirely separate issue. Getting a break on how much you pay in to the federal coffer because you pay in more to your state doesn't make sense.
0 x
"science should not stand in the way of' schools reopening in the fall" - White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany

User avatar
lust4beer
Soldier
Posts: 8543
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:55 pm

Re: Lev Parnas Says Trump Knew Everything In Ukraine Scandal

Post by lust4beer » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:37 pm

KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:07 pm
lust4beer wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:19 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:23 am
lust4beer wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:14 am
stuporstitionist wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:09 am
Some context:
The DOJ has had Parnas's phone and all these damning texts for 3 months.

We only learned about them because a court order allowed Parnas to give them to the House a few days ago.

Seems like Barr is covering this up too.
Barr has to go

He’s dirty as well


Just win the election in 2020 and they will all go.
Again

We are a country of laws and have a constitution

Enforce them

End
In the real world it doesn’t work that way . Win the 2020 election or complain for another 4 years . :nesaitpas:
In the “real world” laws and the constitution don’t matter?
0 x
"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

:kneeface:

User avatar
KC_
Caporegime
Posts: 14226
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:46 pm

Re: Lev Parnas Says Trump Knew Everything In Ukraine Scandal

Post by KC_ » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:01 pm

Evil wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:53 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:46 pm
Evil wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:11 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:05 pm
Evil wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:04 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:03 pm
Chester Cheesewright wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:00 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:55 pm
Chester Cheesewright wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:53 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:48 pm


True.
► Someone will complain about all the outrageous taxes fat cats are supposed to pay
It won’t be me. I support a wealth tax on people who have 500 million or more.
► I'll go for that, and as soon as I get $500 million I'll pay it
I also favor returning the tax law to the pre 2018 levels. Raise the top rate and corporate tax rate to previous levels and bring back the SALT deductions.
Why bring back the SALT deduction?
Fairness to working families in high tax states. Double taxes are crippling.
It benefits only 3% of middle class households, but 90% of the top 1%. My question is why should anyone get a break from paying their fair share into the federal coffer because their state has higher tax rates than others?
People who live in states like NY, Conn,N.J and MA have a higher cost of living and are net givers to dependent states. Almost all Long Island home owners benefit from the SALT deductions. We pay more than our fair share compared to those in low tax states with no state income tax like Texas and Florida. Our taxes go mostly to education and entitlements . So you go along with the GOP on this who did it to screw taxpayers in states that vote mostly democratic.
The stats don't lie. It's a very small percentage of the middle class benefiting from the cap. Without the deduction, all states pay in at the same rate. Some, mostly red states, end up taking more back out of the system. That's an entirely separate issue. Getting a break on how much you pay in to the federal coffer because you pay in more to your state doesn't make sense.
Ofcourse it makes sense when the cost of living is much higher and your state tax burden is greater. Plus you pay the additional tax at the higher federal rate . I would say that you either never really had to pay a lot of taxes and you don’t understand the burden or you still have some GOP left in you.
0 x
”I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.”

Stephane Charbonnier

User avatar
thelionofthenorth
Global Moderator
Posts: 14855
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:14 pm

Re: Lev Parnas Says Trump Knew Everything In Ukraine Scandal

Post by thelionofthenorth » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:07 pm

“Parnas? Whodat? Never heard of him!”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/1 ... hip-100058
0 x
pietatem non pertinet stultitia

User avatar
nolaxride
Global Moderator
Posts: 26599
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Re: Lev Parnas Says Trump Knew Everything In Ukraine Scandal

Post by nolaxride » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:28 pm

KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:03 pm
Chester Cheesewright wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:00 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:55 pm
Chester Cheesewright wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:53 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:48 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:03 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:07 pm
lust4beer wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:19 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:23 am
lust4beer wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:14 am


Barr has to go

He’s dirty as well


Just win the election in 2020 and they will all go.
Again

We are a country of laws and have a constitution

Enforce them

End
In the real world it doesn’t work that way . Win the 2020 election or complain for another 4 years . :nesaitpas:
In the real world, no matter who wins, someone is going to be complaining.
True.
► Someone will complain about all the outrageous taxes fat cats are supposed to pay
It won’t be me. I support a wealth tax on people who have 500 million or more.
► I'll go for that, and as soon as I get $500 million I'll pay it
I also favor returning the tax law to the pre 2018 levels. Raise the top rate and corporate tax rate to previous levels and bring back the SALT deductions.
I don't have an issue with that. Or, we could look at how we're going to update the tax code so it's not a million pages. How about NO deductions for anything, ALL income is taxed, and we have a flat tax of 10 percent.

And one more tax. One percent tax on each share of stock bought or sold, capped at 10 cents per share.
0 x
-- Ο Μπάρι είναι ηλίθιος

User avatar
Evil
Underboss
Posts: 49956
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: Lev Parnas Says Trump Knew Everything In Ukraine Scandal

Post by Evil » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:00 pm

KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:01 pm
Evil wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:53 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:46 pm
Evil wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:11 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:05 pm
Evil wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:04 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:03 pm
Chester Cheesewright wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:00 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:55 pm
Chester Cheesewright wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:53 pm


► Someone will complain about all the outrageous taxes fat cats are supposed to pay
It won’t be me. I support a wealth tax on people who have 500 million or more.
► I'll go for that, and as soon as I get $500 million I'll pay it
I also favor returning the tax law to the pre 2018 levels. Raise the top rate and corporate tax rate to previous levels and bring back the SALT deductions.
Why bring back the SALT deduction?
Fairness to working families in high tax states. Double taxes are crippling.
It benefits only 3% of middle class households, but 90% of the top 1%. My question is why should anyone get a break from paying their fair share into the federal coffer because their state has higher tax rates than others?
People who live in states like NY, Conn,N.J and MA have a higher cost of living and are net givers to dependent states. Almost all Long Island home owners benefit from the SALT deductions. We pay more than our fair share compared to those in low tax states with no state income tax like Texas and Florida. Our taxes go mostly to education and entitlements . So you go along with the GOP on this who did it to screw taxpayers in states that vote mostly democratic.
The stats don't lie. It's a very small percentage of the middle class benefiting from the cap. Without the deduction, all states pay in at the same rate. Some, mostly red states, end up taking more back out of the system. That's an entirely separate issue. Getting a break on how much you pay in to the federal coffer because you pay in more to your state doesn't make sense.
Ofcourse it makes sense when the cost of living is much higher and your state tax burden is greater. Plus you pay the additional tax at the higher federal rate . I would say that you either never really had to pay a lot of taxes and you don’t understand the burden or you still have some GOP left in you.
So are wages. Saying it makes sense is not a strong argument. Why does it make sense? You picke where you live and that comes with a cost as well as benefits. Repealing the SALT cap overwhelmingly benefits the wealthy. Wealthy people in blue states.
Salt-Column-Figures_FIG.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
"science should not stand in the way of' schools reopening in the fall" - White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany

User avatar
KC_
Caporegime
Posts: 14226
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:46 pm

Re: Lev Parnas Says Trump Knew Everything In Ukraine Scandal

Post by KC_ » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:47 pm

Evil wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:00 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:01 pm
Evil wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:53 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:46 pm
Evil wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:11 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:05 pm
Evil wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:04 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:03 pm
Chester Cheesewright wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:00 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:55 pm


It won’t be me. I support a wealth tax on people who have 500 million or more.
► I'll go for that, and as soon as I get $500 million I'll pay it
I also favor returning the tax law to the pre 2018 levels. Raise the top rate and corporate tax rate to previous levels and bring back the SALT deductions.
Why bring back the SALT deduction?
Fairness to working families in high tax states. Double taxes are crippling.
It benefits only 3% of middle class households, but 90% of the top 1%. My question is why should anyone get a break from paying their fair share into the federal coffer because their state has higher tax rates than others?
People who live in states like NY, Conn,N.J and MA have a higher cost of living and are net givers to dependent states. Almost all Long Island home owners benefit from the SALT deductions. We pay more than our fair share compared to those in low tax states with no state income tax like Texas and Florida. Our taxes go mostly to education and entitlements . So you go along with the GOP on this who did it to screw taxpayers in states that vote mostly democratic.
The stats don't lie. It's a very small percentage of the middle class benefiting from the cap. Without the deduction, all states pay in at the same rate. Some, mostly red states, end up taking more back out of the system. That's an entirely separate issue. Getting a break on how much you pay in to the federal coffer because you pay in more to your state doesn't make sense.
Ofcourse it makes sense when the cost of living is much higher and your state tax burden is greater. Plus you pay the additional tax at the higher federal rate . I would say that you either never really had to pay a lot of taxes and you don’t understand the burden or you still have some GOP left in you.
So are wages. Saying it makes sense is not a strong argument. Why does it make sense? You picke where you live and that comes with a cost as well as benefits. Repealing the SALT cap overwhelmingly benefits the wealthy. Wealthy people in blue states.

Salt-Column-Figures_FIG.png
If you return the top tax rates to the 2017 levels like I said it doesn’t benefit wealthy people at all. Wealthy people love lower tax rates . The Alternative minimum tax under the old code use to limit and then take away SALT deductions as income rises from the wealthy. So you are completely wrong about that. SALT removal hurts the middle class in the states mentioned.
0 x
”I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.”

Stephane Charbonnier

User avatar
Evil
Underboss
Posts: 49956
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: Lev Parnas Says Trump Knew Everything In Ukraine Scandal

Post by Evil » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:57 pm

KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:47 pm
Evil wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:00 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:01 pm
Evil wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:53 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:46 pm
Evil wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:11 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:05 pm
Evil wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:04 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:03 pm
Chester Cheesewright wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:00 pm


► I'll go for that, and as soon as I get $500 million I'll pay it
I also favor returning the tax law to the pre 2018 levels. Raise the top rate and corporate tax rate to previous levels and bring back the SALT deductions.
Why bring back the SALT deduction?
Fairness to working families in high tax states. Double taxes are crippling.
It benefits only 3% of middle class households, but 90% of the top 1%. My question is why should anyone get a break from paying their fair share into the federal coffer because their state has higher tax rates than others?
People who live in states like NY, Conn,N.J and MA have a higher cost of living and are net givers to dependent states. Almost all Long Island home owners benefit from the SALT deductions. We pay more than our fair share compared to those in low tax states with no state income tax like Texas and Florida. Our taxes go mostly to education and entitlements . So you go along with the GOP on this who did it to screw taxpayers in states that vote mostly democratic.
The stats don't lie. It's a very small percentage of the middle class benefiting from the cap. Without the deduction, all states pay in at the same rate. Some, mostly red states, end up taking more back out of the system. That's an entirely separate issue. Getting a break on how much you pay in to the federal coffer because you pay in more to your state doesn't make sense.
Ofcourse it makes sense when the cost of living is much higher and your state tax burden is greater. Plus you pay the additional tax at the higher federal rate . I would say that you either never really had to pay a lot of taxes and you don’t understand the burden or you still have some GOP left in you.
So are wages. Saying it makes sense is not a strong argument. Why does it make sense? You picke where you live and that comes with a cost as well as benefits. Repealing the SALT cap overwhelmingly benefits the wealthy. Wealthy people in blue states.

Salt-Column-Figures_FIG.png
If you return the top tax rates to the 2017 levels like I said it doesn’t benefit wealthy people at all. Wealthy people love lower tax rates . The Alternative minimum tax under the old code use to limit and then take away SALT deductions as income rises from the wealthy. So you are completely wrong about that. SALT removal hurts the middle class in the states mentioned.
There is no bill to return to 2017 levels and change the AMT back. IOW, you're creating a set of conditions that aren't even being considered to make your argument valid. I just showed you the numbers on how repealing the cap overwhelmingly supports the wealthy. If you're saying they are wrong then present the correct ones. I'd be happy to look at them.
0 x
"science should not stand in the way of' schools reopening in the fall" - White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany

Antisteroidforce
Soldier
Posts: 9384
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:48 am

Re: Lev Parnas Says Trump Knew Everything In Ukraine Scandal

Post by Antisteroidforce » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:27 am

“you're creating a set of conditions.”

Oh sport you’ve done it again. You must sleep with your feet in your mouth.

“you're creating a set of conditions:”
“Trump Impeachment Illusion.”

(Folks this might be one time sport has actually posted something other than a lie).

What do ya have next for us courtesy of your “Triggered Trump Derangement Syndrome?”

Sport?
0 x

Post Reply