DEMOCRATS REINFORCE THE POLITICS OF RESENTMENT AND VICTIMHOOD

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
nolaxride
Global Moderator

Re: DEMOCRATS REINFORCE THE POLITICS OF RESENTMENT AND VICTIMHOOD

Post by nolaxride » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:25 pm

antilib wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:01 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:25 am
antilib wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:31 am
nolaxride wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:43 pm
antilib wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:20 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:53 pm
As expected, the moonie's opinion page is short on facts and heavy on rewriting history.

The most glaring example is DOMA. Bruce ignores the fact that the GOP sponsored DOMA was veto proof.

Bruce calls DOMA, "...one of the most significant attacks on gay civil rights in the aftermath of the Stonewall Riots, was instituted in 1996..."

Consider that... Bruce uses DOMA to paint the Democrats as the party of division, ignoring the fact that it was sponsored and passed by the GOP.

And Bruce's fantasy doesn't stop there. She somehow sees the president as reaching out to black, Hispanic, and gay Americans. Somehow Bruce seems to think that banning the trangendered in the military, defending discrimination against gay, lesbian, and bisexual people in employment, and supporting a conscience rule that allows health care providers—including physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and teachers—to turn away gay, lesbian, people and others based on religious grounds, is reaching out.

The moonies just don't disappoint.
as expected, you choose to attempt to try to criticize a conservative news source almost every day, yet consistently support left-wing articles while absolutely insisting you do not have a liberal viewpoint, you are quite a character and a very dishonest one at that, lol!!
I haven't seen any left-wing articles that are so devoid of facts. In fact, I don't recall any left-wing articles being posted recently. Please point me to one and I'll be happy to do the same.

As for my views... I've said it before, I'll say it again... I'm a moderate with a streak of libertarian.
if you're not a liberal why do you keep flailing about and making excuses when you are questioned, lol? :guffaw:
I'm curious as to what part of a direct and concise response you see as flailing about. That you don't recognize Bruce's flailing about as she tries to rewrite history explains why you didn't recognize a direct and concise response.

I also note that you haven't pointed to any left-wing articles...
i've busted you for being deceitful again, you liberal phony, you're trying to take credit for phrases in an article from the daily beast, known for their fake news and left-wing slant:

>for health care providers—including physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and teachers—to turn away LGBTQ people and others based on religious grounds<

https://www.thedailybeast.com/president ... de-message

:rolling: :thankyouyellow:
There you go, again, with a personal attack instead of dealing with the issue.

The sun rises in the East. How many times do you think you'll find those words? Let's see... I searched for those words and found an EXACT match NOWHERE. There were partial matches on the NY Times, HuffPo, Politico, Kaiser Health Foundation, the Guardian, PBS, and yes, the Daily Beast.

Nice try.

And to that point, that you're attacking me personally instead of dealing with the issue, it's clear that you are incapable of fomenting a cogent response, so you attack.

I love you you imitate our president.
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius

antilib
Global Moderator

Post by antilib » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:58 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:25 pm
antilib wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
antilib wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
antilib wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
As expected, the moonie's opinion page is short on facts and heavy on rewriting history.

The most glaring example is DOMA. Bruce ignores the fact that the GOP sponsored DOMA was veto proof.

Bruce calls DOMA, "...one of the most significant attacks on gay civil rights in the aftermath of the Stonewall Riots, was instituted in 1996..."

Consider that... Bruce uses DOMA to paint the Democrats as the party of division, ignoring the fact that it was sponsored and passed by the GOP.

And Bruce's fantasy doesn't stop there. She somehow sees the president as reaching out to black, Hispanic, and gay Americans. Somehow Bruce seems to think that banning the trangendered in the military, defending discrimination against gay, lesbian, and bisexual people in employment, and supporting a conscience rule that allows health care providers—including physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and teachers—to turn away gay, lesbian, people and others based on religious grounds, is reaching out.

as expected, you choose to attempt to try to criticize a conservative news source almost every day, yet consistently support left-wing articles while absolutely insisting you do not have a liberal viewpoint, you are quite a character and a very dishonest one at that, lol!!
I haven't seen any left-wing articles that are so devoid of facts. In fact, I don't recall any left-wing articles being posted recently. Please point me to one and I'll be happy to do the same.

As for my views... I've said it before, I'll say it again... I'm a moderate with a streak of libertarian.
if you're not a liberal why do you keep flailing about and making excuses when you are questioned, lol? :guffaw:
I'm curious as to what part of a direct and concise response you see as flailing about. That you don't recognize Bruce's flailing about as she tries to rewrite history explains why you didn't recognize a direct and concise response.

i've busted you for being deceitful again, you liberal phony, you're trying to take credit for phrases in an article from the daily beast, known for their fake news and left-wing slant:

>for health care providers—including physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and teachers—to turn away LGBTQ people and others based on religious grounds<

The sun rises in the East. How many times do you think you'll find those words? Let's see... I searched for those words and found an EXACT match NOWHERE. There were partial matches on the NY Times, HuffPo, Politico, Kaiser Health Foundation, the Guardian, PBS, and yes, the Daily Beast.

Nice try.

And to that point, that you're attacking me personally instead of dealing with the issue, it's clear that you are incapable of fomenting a cogent response, so you attack.

"health care providers—including physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and teachers—to turn away gay, lesbian, people and others based on religious grounds" is an exact match from the daily beast and your post you big fibber, who do you think you are, slick willy's wife, lol?
0 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:00 pm

antilib wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:58 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:25 pm
antilib wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
antilib wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
antilib wrote:
nolaxride wrote:

Nice try.

"health care providers—including physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and teachers—to turn away gay, lesbian, people and others based on religious grounds" is an exact match from the daily beast and your post you big fibber, who do you think you are, slick willy's wife, lol?
A few points. First, it's not an exact match. Second, the same words are found in the Guardian and the NYT. And finally, if I were going to plagiarize, I would have rewritten it such that it wouldn't be recognized.
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius