do you really want to see "who divides us"....?

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
KC_
Heir Presumptive

Re: do you really want to see "who divides us"....?

Post by KC_ » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:16 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:14 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:13 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:10 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:08 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:05 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:01 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:51 pm
I am Z wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:44 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:49 pm
I am Z wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:47 pm

that one word gets his panties all bunched up every time, lol
Yeah, you try this every time you get caught lying. Have you found someone that actually believes it yet? :lo2l:
lying? no, you're too fking literal and therefore, ignorant of common phraseology.

you poor poor homeschooled thang. I have a few examples of the word "all" being used and if you will think about it, none of them mean---EVERY SINGLE THING.

the whole amount of a period of time
Sally had spent all her life working for others.

all day/night/week/year etc.: I’ve been awake all night worrying.

all the time (=very often or continuously): The situation is changing all the time.

She needs to have someone looking after her all the time.

all through: It kept raining all through March.

you see? all doesn't necessarily mean, everything
No, in this context, different than your example, you used it exactly as it reads. Otherwise, the comment makes no sense. As for your example, it clearly means that Sally has never worked for herself. It's always funny when you try to pretend to be an intellectual. You always manage to make a bigger fool of yourself.

"he'll just trot out that all the bigots switched parties"

So we take out "all" and you're saying, "he'll just trot out that bigots switched parties." What do you mean by "trot out"? Bigots, many, have switched parties. As the individual party platforms have switched the people belonging to them has too. So what's the problem with "trotting out" a correct statement? It's not even a statement that would debunk anything you said.
Dude you should get a PHD in English and teach at some university where you could dissect grad students papers. Regular people don’t talk precisely. The often speak idiomatically and in slang. If you keep that in mind it isn’t hard to understand what they are saying. :nesaitpas:
No degree is needed to read what is written and recognize the point being made. No one uses "all" the way he is trying to pretend he's using. It's not slang or just a colloquial expression. He's trying to misrepresent what has been said so that he can dismiss the argument. I'm just having some fun blocking that attempt.

Why can't you just let him speak for himself? You don't have to defend him all the time.
I didn’t stop you from doing anything. I was just adding to the entertainment value of the board. Everyone is entitled to their own fun . This is fun for me . :lo2l:
That might explain why I didn't say you stopped me from doing something. Watching him try to explain some of the stupid stuff he says is entertaining. You trying to defend it for him does add to that
So why did you complain about me interjecting ? You know you like it . :lo2l:
I didn't complain. Yes, you know so much that simply isn't so.
Everyone here knows it’s true. :rolling:
0 x
“I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees “
Stephane Charbonnier

evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

Post by evilconempire » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:17 pm

KC_ wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:16 pm
evilconempire wrote:
KC_ wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
KC_ wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
KC_ wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:49 pm

Yeah, you try this every time you get caught lying. Have you found someone that actually believes it yet? :lo2l:
lying? no, you're too fking literal and therefore, ignorant of common phraseology.

you poor poor homeschooled thang. I have a few examples of the word "all" being used and if you will think about it, none of them mean---EVERY SINGLE THING.

all the time (=very often or continuously): The situation is changing all the time.

No, in this context, different than your example, you used it exactly as it reads. Otherwise, the comment makes no sense. As for your example, it clearly means that Sally has never worked for herself. It's always funny when you try to pretend to be an intellectual. You always manage to make a bigger fool of yourself.

So we take out "all" and you're saying, "he'll just trot out that bigots switched parties." What do you mean by "trot out"? Bigots, many, have switched parties. As the individual party platforms have switched the people belonging to them has too. So what's the problem with "trotting out" a correct statement? It's not even a statement that would debunk anything you said.
Dude you should get a PHD in English and teach at some university where you could dissect grad students papers. Regular people don’t talk precisely. The often speak idiomatically and in slang. If you keep that in mind it isn’t hard to understand what they are saying. :nesaitpas:
No degree is needed to read what is written and recognize the point being made. No one uses "all" the way he is trying to pretend he's using. It's not slang or just a colloquial expression. He's trying to misrepresent what has been said so that he can dismiss the argument. I'm just having some fun blocking that attempt.

Why can't you just let him speak for himself? You don't have to defend him all the time.
I didn’t stop you from doing anything. I was just adding to the entertainment value of the board. Everyone is entitled to their own fun . This is fun for me . :lo2l:
That might explain why I didn't say you stopped me from doing something. Watching him try to explain some of the stupid stuff he says is entertaining. You trying to defend it for him does add to that
Of course they do. You said so.
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:17 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:06 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:03 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:58 pm
Support group is back in session.
Intervention is back in session. :lo2l:
Again, an intervention with me can't involve just the two of you. I don't think you know what an intervention actually is.
there it is! that arrogant display of yours. nobody but you, understand words and figures of speech. thanks very much for showing just what an ass you really are!

great comedy
1 x
if you don't follow the 7 principles of Kwanzaa, you're a racist!

“matunda ya kwanza”

I still like "Hakuna Matata

:flycarpet:

KC_
Heir Presumptive

Post by KC_ » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:19 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:17 pm
KC_ wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
KC_ wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
KC_ wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
KC_ wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:

Right, I never lie either. :lo2l:
0 x
Stephane Charbonnier

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:20 pm

I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
KC_ wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
Again, an intervention with me can't involve just the two of you. I don't think you know what an intervention actually is.
there it is! that arrogant display of yours. nobody but you, understand words and figures of speech. thanks very much for showing just what an ass you really are!

great comedy
LOL The guy that is condescending with anyone that dare challenge something he says is whining about arrogance in someone else. Now that's comedy gold, "dudette."

Most people understand words and figures of speech. Probably even better than I do. You, though, are not one of those people.
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:20 pm

KC_ wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:19 pm
evilconempire wrote:
KC_ wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
KC_ wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
KC_ wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
KC_ wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

You do, but that has nothing to do with your inability to accept you can be wrong.
0 x

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:21 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:20 pm
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
KC_ wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

great comedy
LOL The guy that is condescending with anyone that dare challenge something he says is whining about arrogance in someone else. Now that's comedy gold, "dudette."

Most people understand words and figures of speech. Probably even better than I do. You, though, are not one of those people.
sorry but you stepped in it, man.

nobody knows anything compared to you, double snicker.
0 x
if you don't follow the 7 principles of Kwanzaa, you're a racist!

“matunda ya kwanza”

I still like "Hakuna Matata

:flycarpet:

KC_
Heir Presumptive

Post by KC_ » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:21 pm

I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
KC_ wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

great comedy
He’s a real pip.
1 x
Stephane Charbonnier

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:23 pm

I am Z wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:21 pm
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
KC_ wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

great comedy

sorry but you stepped in it, man.

nobody knows anything compared to you, double snicker.
Yeah, you say something stupid and I stepped in it. You're one in a million, "dudette."
0 x

KC_
Heir Presumptive

Post by KC_ » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:23 pm

evilconempire wrote:
KC_ wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:19 pm
evilconempire wrote:
KC_ wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
KC_ wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
KC_ wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
KC_ wrote:

You do, but that has nothing to do with your inability to accept you can be wrong.
I never lie. I do make mistakes though and I am frequently wrong. Lying involves intent to deceive. You have to know what you are saying is wrong and say it anyway.
1 x
Stephane Charbonnier