Who knew Christian morality came with a price tag?

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
brookboy123
Imperial Majesty

Re: Who knew Christian morality came with a price tag?

Post by brookboy123 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:44 am

KC_ wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:36 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:20 pm
Pat Robertson: Dead Journalist Not Worth Risking “$100B Worth of Arms Sales”
BY DAVID GEE

Christian evangelist Pat Robertson thinks the apparent assassination of an American journalist by Saudi Arabia isn’t worth jeopardizing “$100 billion worth of arms sales” with the terrorist-friendly nation.

On The 700 Club this week, Robertson called attention to the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi in a Saudi consulate in Turkey. Khashoggi was reportedly killed, beheaded, and dismembered by Saudi agents, but Robertson is worried about the possibility of a deteriorating relationship with Saudi Arabia… because gun deals.

“For those who are screaming blood for the Saudis — look, these people are key allies,” Robertson said. While he called the faith of the Wahabists — the hardline Islamist sect to which the Saudi Royal Family belongs — “obnoxious,” he urged viewers to remember that “we’ve got an arms deal that everybody wanted a piece of…it’ll be a lot of jobs, a lot of money come to our coffers. It’s not something you want to blow up willy-nilly.”

-------

I'm floored, I tell ya, floored. :lo2l:
Being pragmatic is a virtue not a vice.
well sometimes....the Nazis were very pragmatic when they rounded up my Nona’s cousins north of Firenze. They ultimately were sent to the German extermination camps.

As far as the arm sales to the Saudis, I agree with the filthy preacher.

Why don’t we stop this pretense of American Exceptionalism.......sell them the weapons......like we sell them all over the world.

Trump understands that the bottom line in a capitalist society is $$$.
0 x

maxwell
Royal Highness

Post by maxwell » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:58 am

psk836 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:29 pm
maxwell wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:21 pm
psk836 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:01 pm
brookboy123 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:58 am
psk836 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:46 am
Have you SEEN The Vatican?

It only took about 500 years for Christianity to organize itself into a Big Government that doles out salvation.
Organized religion = big money.

Just the way it is.
Yeah the human side of religion. I can only imagine what we've done with Heaven.
No worries; with your president, there is deregulation & heaven is now open to the highest bidder for fracking & mineral rights.
Oh I thought I was going to have to buy my way in. This is good news! Everlasting opportunity!
Jesus has a different view

1 Timothy 6:10 King James Version (KJV)

10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

:devilfire:
0 x
:rock: & then there's YOU, the reason God gave us the middle finger :demonfinger:

maxwell
Royal Highness

Post by maxwell » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:16 am

aluannie@q.com wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:34 pm
thelionofthenorth wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:35 pm
Robertson is high on my list. He gives Christianity a bad name.
You give Christianity a bad name with your bad mouthing everything you think Christians do. I doubt you have ever stepped foot in a Church in your life.
When you go to church today, why don't you ask him how he feels about your own badmouthing those you politically disagree using very christian like pablum? :monkeypee:

:prech:

About donttread:

How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world.

About Chelsea Clinton:

She certainly is ugly, inside and out. It is the kind of birth that should have been aborted.

:whistle: :sinking: :devilfire:

:rolling:
1 x
:rock: & then there's YOU, the reason God gave us the middle finger :demonfinger:

psk836
God-Like

Post by psk836 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:39 am

maxwell wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:58 am
psk836 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:29 pm
maxwell wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:21 pm
psk836 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:01 pm
brookboy123 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:58 am
psk836 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:46 am
Have you SEEN The Vatican?

It only took about 500 years for Christianity to organize itself into a Big Government that doles out salvation.
Organized religion = big money.

Just the way it is.
Yeah the human side of religion. I can only imagine what we've done with Heaven.
No worries; with your president, there is deregulation & heaven is now open to the highest bidder for fracking & mineral rights.
Oh I thought I was going to have to buy my way in. This is good news! Everlasting opportunity!
Jesus has a different view

1 Timothy 6:10 King James Version (KJV)

10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

:devilfire:
I have a feeling the Pope has a greater love of money than I do.
0 x

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:42 am

"Organized religion = big money."

way more little one-room churches than your Joel Osteens and Joe Princes. That's a fact :prech:
0 x
I find it difficult to sit still in one place and impossible to sit still in two places----Brother Theodore

aluannie@q.com
Heir Apparent

Post by aluannie@q.com » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:45 am

Pete wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:42 am

way more little one-room churches than your Joel Osteens and Joe Princes. That's a fact :prech:
Like my parish - we average about 50 people at the Sunday Eucharist but we do a lot of reaching out into the Community to help where we can.
0 x

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:56 am

aluannie@q.com wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:45 am
Pete wrote:

Like my parish - we average about 50 people at the Sunday Eucharist but we do a lot of reaching out into the Community to help where we can.
driving around my little piece of N GA would convince anybody that my words are true. Lots of little 'shotgun shack'-like churches

Are there big churches? Of course. We also have FBCW just a stone's throw from my home. The photo does not do the campus justice https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Bap ... ,_Georgia)
0 x
I find it difficult to sit still in one place and impossible to sit still in two places----Brother Theodore

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:23 am

0 x

KC_
Royal Highness

Post by KC_ » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:50 pm

brookboy123 wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:44 am
KC_ wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:36 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:20 pm
Pat Robertson: Dead Journalist Not Worth Risking “$100B Worth of Arms Sales”
BY DAVID GEE

Christian evangelist Pat Robertson thinks the apparent assassination of an American journalist by Saudi Arabia isn’t worth jeopardizing “$100 billion worth of arms sales” with the terrorist-friendly nation.

On The 700 Club this week, Robertson called attention to the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi in a Saudi consulate in Turkey. Khashoggi was reportedly killed, beheaded, and dismembered by Saudi agents, but Robertson is worried about the possibility of a deteriorating relationship with Saudi Arabia… because gun deals.

“For those who are screaming blood for the Saudis — look, these people are key allies,” Robertson said. While he called the faith of the Wahabists — the hardline Islamist sect to which the Saudi Royal Family belongs — “obnoxious,” he urged viewers to remember that “we’ve got an arms deal that everybody wanted a piece of…it’ll be a lot of jobs, a lot of money come to our coffers. It’s not something you want to blow up willy-nilly.”

-------

I'm floored, I tell ya, floored. :lo2l:
Being pragmatic is a virtue not a vice.
well sometimes....the Nazis were very pragmatic when they rounded up my Nona’s cousins north of Firenze. They ultimately were sent to the German extermination camps.

As far as the arm sales to the Saudis, I agree with the filthy preacher.

Why don’t we stop this pretense of American Exceptionalism.......sell them the weapons......like we sell them all over the world.

Trump understands that the bottom line in a capitalist society is $$$.
There are limits to what is acceptable. Genocide certainly isn’t. We have been selling weapons to the world for a very long time . It is something we are very good at.
0 x
“I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees “
Stephane Charbonnier

brookboy123
Imperial Majesty

Post by brookboy123 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:34 pm

Pete wrote:

yessiree.
0 x