NY Times: So That Makes Warren 1/2 As Much Native American As The Average American

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
clusterchuck
Heir Apparent

Re: NY Times: So That Makes Warren 1/2 As Much Native American As The Average American

Post by clusterchuck » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:03 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:31 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:25 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:03 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:57 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:55 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:53 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:41 pm
Pete wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:35 pm
hey if 1/1000 is close enough for you that's all that matters

meanwhile every Native American in the US rolls their eyes :lo2l:
Enough for what? To say you Native American ancestry? It's enough for anyone. Again, it could be 1/64th, but you keep ignoring that.

I didn't realize your unproven 1/16 heritage qualified you to speak of "every Native American."
Enough for the Association of American Law Schools to list Warren as a minority law professor at the University of Texas, Pennsylvania and Harvard.
For her Native American ancestry or gender?
Yes
Gender alone was enough so how do you know her Native American ancestry was "enough for the Association of American Law Schools to list Warren as a minority law professor at the University of Texas, Pennsylvania and Harvard"?
I don't. And neither do you. But I understand the binary nature of the term "or"
"hey if 1/1000 is close enough for you that's all that matters"
"Enough for what? To say you Native American ancestry?"
"Enough for the Association of American Law Schools to list Warren as a minority law professor at the University of Texas, Pennsylvania and Harvard."
"For her Native American ancestry or gender?"
"Yes"
"Gender alone was enough so how do you know her Native American ancestry was "enough for the Association of American Law Schools to list Warren as a minority law professor at the University of Texas, Pennsylvania and Harvard"?"
"I don't. And neither do you."

It's really not that deep.

You asked, "ancestry or gender", as if those were the only choices. Not everything is binary
0 x

KC_
Royal Highness

Re: NY Times: So That Makes Warren 1/2 As Much Native American As The Average American

Post by KC_ » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:07 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:01 pm
KC_ wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:52 pm
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
Pete wrote:

Enough for what? To say you Native American ancestry? It's enough for anyone. Again, it could be 1/64th, but you keep ignoring that.

I didn't realize your unproven 1/16 heritage qualified you to speak of "every Native American."
Enough for the Association of American Law Schools to list Warren as a minority law professor at the University of Texas, Pennsylvania and Harvard.
Yes
Gender alone was enough so how do you know her Native American ancestry was "enough for the Association of American Law Schools to list Warren as a minority law professor at the University of Texas, Pennsylvania and Harvard"?
Female is not a minority. They should test her for Neanderthal dna . She probably is more of that than Indian . :lo2l:
Despite being slightly more than 50% of the population they are still considered a minority.
Well that doesn’t make any sense .
0 x
“I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees “
Stephane Charbonnier

evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

Post by evilconempire » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:07 pm

clusterchuck wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:03 pm
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
Pete wrote:

Yes
I don't. And neither do you. But I understand the binary nature of the term "or"
"Enough for the Association of American Law Schools to list Warren as a minority law professor at the University of Texas, Pennsylvania and Harvard."
"Yes"
"Gender alone was enough so how do you know her Native American ancestry was "enough for the Association of American Law Schools to list Warren as a minority law professor at the University of Texas, Pennsylvania and Harvard"?"

You asked, "ancestry or gender", as if those were the only choices. Not everything is binary
You said her ancestry was enough for them to list her as a minority law professor and then said you don't know if it is.

I introduced a second possibility in her gender, but never said the possibilities ended there. Now you're stuck on this assumption that I think it's "binary."
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:08 pm

KC_ wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:07 pm
evilconempire wrote:
KC_ wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
Pete wrote:

Yes
Female is not a minority. They should test her for Neanderthal dna . She probably is more of that than Indian . :lo2l:
Despite being slightly more than 50% of the population they are still considered a minority.
It does if you consider social factors. It's changing though. Give it time.
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

KC_
Royal Highness

Post by KC_ » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:13 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:08 pm
KC_ wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
KC_ wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
Pete wrote:

Yes
It ignores statistical reality, but hey if that’s the way people want to see it . :nesaitpas:
0 x
Stephane Charbonnier

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:20 pm

KC_ wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:13 pm
evilconempire wrote:
KC_ wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
KC_ wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

Yes
It ignores statistical reality, but hey if that’s the way people want to see it . :nesaitpas:
Well it is how it is right now. In '95 when she joined Harvard I do believe they were an actual minority in terms of population percentage.
0 x

clusterchuck
Heir Apparent

Post by clusterchuck » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:35 pm

evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
Pete wrote:

Yes
"Yes"

You said her ancestry was enough for them to list her as a minority law professor and then said you don't know if it is.

I introduced a second possibility in her gender, but never said the possibilities ended there. Now you're stuck on this assumption that I think it's "binary."
No, I said the answer to your binary question is yes. Because it could be either or both depending on the situation at hand.
0 x

KC_
Royal Highness

Post by KC_ » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:36 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:20 pm
KC_ wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:13 pm
evilconempire wrote:
KC_ wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
KC_ wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:

Yes
Well it is how it is right now. In '95 when she joined Harvard I do believe they were an actual minority in terms of population percentage.
I don’t think that’s true. Wars and females superior longevity see to that.
0 x
Stephane Charbonnier

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:39 pm

clusterchuck wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:35 pm
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

Yes
"Yes"

No, I said the answer to your binary question is yes. Because it could be either or both depending on the situation at hand.
Then why did you say it was because of her Native American heritage?

My question introduced a second possibility in response to you saying it was her Native American heritage that was "enough."
0 x

clusterchuck
Heir Apparent

Post by clusterchuck » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:42 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:39 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:35 pm
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:

Yes
"Yes"

Then why did you say it was because of her Native American heritage?

My question introduced a second possibility in response to you saying it was her Native American heritage that was "enough."
I see.
0 x