SNOPES SAYS

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
DallasDimeBags
Heir Apparent

SNOPES SAYS

Post by DallasDimeBags » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:10 am

Estimates of voter rolls in the counties of some states, including California, tally more registered voters than eligible adults.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/us-mo ... an-adults/
3 x

Pete
Site Admin

Re: SNOPES SAYS

Post by Pete » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:14 am

nah there's no voter fraud. how can that be? :nesaitpas:
1 x
I like my coffee like I like my women: hot, black, and with a piece of prune Danish. Gilbert Gottfried

psk836
God-Like

Post by psk836 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:43 am

DallasDimeBags wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:10 am
Estimates of voter rolls in the counties of some states, including California, tally more registered voters than eligible adults.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/us-mo ... an-adults/
The Walking Dead vote Democrat. And so do illegal aliens.
1 x

thelionofthenorth
Global Moderator

Post by thelionofthenorth » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:47 am

No, it means that people move out of that county but their registration doesn’t lapse.
0 x
Stupidity deserves no pity.

evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

Post by evilconempire » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:50 am

"Even if these numbers are assumed to be accurate, presenting them as definitively demonstrating that “some 3.5 million more people are registered to vote in the U.S. than are alive among America’s adult citizens” is a questionable and problematic claim, given that the information was compiled from only 462 counties in 38 states, yet the entire U.S. comprises over 3,000 counties in fifty states. Many of those other counties might well have substantially fewer registered voters on their rolls than adult residents who are eligible to vote."

An incredibly limited study by a partisan group seeking an outcome.

Here's a much more expansive study:

Debunking the Voter Fraud Myth

The president has continued to claim voter fraud was a problem in the 2016 election. But a look at the facts makes clear fraud is vanishingly rare, and does not happen on a scale even close to that necessary to “rig” an election.
https://www.brennancenter.org/analysis/ ... fraud-myth
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:51 am

thelionofthenorth wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:47 am
No, it means that people move out of that county but their registration doesn’t lapse.
and then when the law is followed and voter reg databases are purged you squeal like a pig
1 x
I like my coffee like I like my women: hot, black, and with a piece of prune Danish. Gilbert Gottfried

thelionofthenorth
Global Moderator

Post by thelionofthenorth » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:52 am

Pete wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:51 am
thelionofthenorth wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:47 am
and then when the law is followed and voter reg databases are purged you squeal like a pig
Wow, look it those goalposts move.
0 x
Stupidity deserves no pity.

DallasDimeBags
Heir Apparent

Post by DallasDimeBags » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:43 am

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:50 am
"Even if these numbers are assumed to be accurate, presenting them as definitively demonstrating that “some 3.5 million more people are registered to vote in the U.S. than are alive among America’s adult citizens” is a questionable and problematic claim, given that the information was compiled from only 462 counties in 38 states, yet the entire U.S. comprises over 3,000 counties in fifty states. Many of those other counties might well have substantially fewer registered voters on their rolls than adult residents who are eligible to vote."

The president has continued to claim voter fraud was a problem in the 2016 election. But a look at the facts makes clear fraud is vanishingly rare, and does not happen on a scale even close to that necessary to “rig” an election.

Well that's dandy and all but I was addressing only what SNOPES says about the topic I specifically addressed. Did you miss that?

"Many of those other counties might well have substantially fewer registered voters on their rolls than adult residents who are eligible to vote.""

LOL-"might well have"

I am talking about what is actually true. At least according to SNOPES

Maybe it just reflects the number that used to be as people have moved away an simply not been purged from the rolls where they used to live. I can see that. California is definitely losing population. Afterall-Its insanely expensive to live there for many people. I saw a figure of exactly 2.5 million who have left the state so that might account for all of it. Which in no way changes the facts of what SNOPES confirmed though. I wonder can a person just walk up to the polling place they are still registered at and vote in California and then go vote at the polling place where they currently live as well. What do you think?
0 x

DallasDimeBags
Heir Apparent

Post by DallasDimeBags » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:45 am

Pete wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:14 am
nah there's no voter fraud. how can that be? :nesaitpas:
There is VOTER fraud. That has been proven. Of course it may only be to the level of 1/512 of what Trump has claimed there is.<G>
1 x

evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

Post by evilconempire » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:48 am

DallasDimeBags wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:43 am
evilconempire wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:50 am

Well that's dandy and all but I was addressing only what SNOPES says about the topic I specifically addressed. Did you miss that?

"Many of those other counties might well have substantially fewer registered voters on their rolls than adult residents who are eligible to vote.""

LOL-"might well have"

I am talking about what is actually true. At least according to SNOPES

Maybe it just reflects the number that used to be as people have moved away an simply not been purged from the rolls where they used to live. I can see that. California is definitely losing population. Afterall-Its insanely expensive to live there for many people. I saw a figure of exactly 2.5 million who have left the state so that might account for all of it. Which in no way changes the facts of what SNOPES confirmed though. I wonder can a person just walk up to the polling place they are still registered at and vote in California and then go vote at the polling place where they currently live as well. What do you think?
Nope, I caught that and then furthered the conversation by providing a more extensive study on the matter.

"LOL-"might well have"
I am talking about what is actually true. At least according to SNOPES"
The study Snopes cites is limited so I quoted Snopes on how we can only speculate on all those other counties.

"Maybe it just reflects the number that used to be..."
So you can speculate, but Snopes can't. Got it.
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech: