The streak continues..........what is it?.......97 consecutive months of job growth?

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
User avatar
nolaxride
Global Moderator
Posts: 16681
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Re: The streak continues..........what is it?.......97 consecutive months of job growth?

Post by nolaxride » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:21 am

barrysoetoro wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:37 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:20 am
Scooter wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:34 am
"Clinton's anti-terrorism proposals were blocked by the GOP-controlled Congress"
Now is when you're supposed to LIST them, the SPECIFIC proposals that Repubs blocked. Can you do it?
poor baby doesn't remember his history...

Let me be VERY specific here. What the GOP REFUSED to pass for Clinton, and which became law AFTER 9-11, included expanded pre-trial detention for suspected terrorists, the FISA court and wiretaps of terrorism suspects, eased deportation of foreigners convicted of crimes, suspension of 6th amendment protections for the detention of aliens convicted or suspected of crimes, the criminalization of fund-raising for terrorism, and revived visa denial provisions to keep dangerous people out of the US.

Is that specific enough? If that's not, try checking the following bills: S. 390 and H.R. 896
See how nobrain changed the font size so everyone would ONLY see his side of the story? You'd make a good CNN reporter.
I changed the font size so it wasn't so garish. Shouting is not how you win a debate. Facts and figures are. So I stopped your shouting. Had you used a normal font it wouldn't have been changed. Let's also note that your original post, complete with garbled shouting, is in place, unchanged.

And to that point... you didn't address the issue at hand... the SPECIFIC proposals the GOP refused to pass, which lead directly to 9-11. I understand your deflection. It demonstrates your inability to research a simple topic and present any facts that support your position
1 x
-- Ignotum per inotius

User avatar
barrysoetoro
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 30371
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Re: The streak continues..........what is it?.......97 consecutive months of job growth?

Post by barrysoetoro » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:15 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:21 am
barrysoetoro wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:37 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:20 am
Scooter wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:34 am
"Clinton's anti-terrorism proposals were blocked by the GOP-controlled Congress"
Now is when you're supposed to LIST them, the SPECIFIC proposals that Repubs blocked. Can you do it?
poor baby doesn't remember his history...

Let me be VERY specific here. What the GOP REFUSED to pass for Clinton, and which became law AFTER 9-11, included expanded pre-trial detention for suspected terrorists, the FISA court and wiretaps of terrorism suspects, eased deportation of foreigners convicted of crimes, suspension of 6th amendment protections for the detention of aliens convicted or suspected of crimes, the criminalization of fund-raising for terrorism, and revived visa denial provisions to keep dangerous people out of the US.

Is that specific enough? If that's not, try checking the following bills: S. 390 and H.R. 896
See how nobrain changed the font size so everyone would ONLY see his side of the story? You'd make a good CNN reporter.
I changed the font size so it wasn't so garish. Shouting is not how you win a debate. Facts and figures are. So I stopped your shouting. Had you used a normal font it wouldn't have been changed. Let's also note that your original post, complete with garbled shouting, is in place, unchanged.

And to that point... you didn't address the issue at hand... the SPECIFIC proposals the GOP refused to pass, which lead directly to 9-11. I understand your deflection. It demonstrates your inability to research a simple topic and present any facts that support your position
You might as well just say, blah blah blah, instead of all this gibberish.

Question, would this proposal that you claim* the GOP denied would have stopped the Cole bombing, or the Embassy bombings?

*Lied about
0 x
☪ "May God d*mn the Saudis and America.", brookboy123 (nobrain & dope are fine with this )

User avatar
nolaxride
Global Moderator
Posts: 16681
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Re: The streak continues..........what is it?.......97 consecutive months of job growth?

Post by nolaxride » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:27 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:15 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:21 am
barrysoetoro wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:37 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:20 am
Scooter wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:34 am
"Clinton's anti-terrorism proposals were blocked by the GOP-controlled Congress"
Now is when you're supposed to LIST them, the SPECIFIC proposals that Repubs blocked. Can you do it?
poor baby doesn't remember his history...

Let me be VERY specific here. What the GOP REFUSED to pass for Clinton, and which became law AFTER 9-11, included expanded pre-trial detention for suspected terrorists, the FISA court and wiretaps of terrorism suspects, eased deportation of foreigners convicted of crimes, suspension of 6th amendment protections for the detention of aliens convicted or suspected of crimes, the criminalization of fund-raising for terrorism, and revived visa denial provisions to keep dangerous people out of the US.

Is that specific enough? If that's not, try checking the following bills: S. 390 and H.R. 896
See how nobrain changed the font size so everyone would ONLY see his side of the story? You'd make a good CNN reporter.
I changed the font size so it wasn't so garish. Shouting is not how you win a debate. Facts and figures are. So I stopped your shouting. Had you used a normal font it wouldn't have been changed. Let's also note that your original post, complete with garbled shouting, is in place, unchanged.

And to that point... you didn't address the issue at hand... the SPECIFIC proposals the GOP refused to pass, which lead directly to 9-11. I understand your deflection. It demonstrates your inability to research a simple topic and present any facts that support your position
You might as well just say, blah blah blah, instead of all this gibberish.

Question, would this proposal that you claim* the GOP denied would have stopped the Cole bombing, or the Embassy bombings?

*Lied about
Those are facts. History doesn't lie. That is what the GOP rejected as being too invasive, violating the rights of US citizens.

As for your other question, why are you deflecting the question at hand. We're talking about 9-11. Very specifically about 9-11. And clearly you want to deflect to another tangent because you can see that your argument is mortally bankrupt. But, in spite of that, I'll give a a rhetorical answer and see if you can parse it. If Nixon won in 1960 would the US have landed on the moon?
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius

User avatar
barrysoetoro
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 30371
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Re: The streak continues..........what is it?.......97 consecutive months of job growth?

Post by barrysoetoro » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:30 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:27 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:15 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:21 am
barrysoetoro wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:37 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:20 am
Scooter wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:34 am
"Clinton's anti-terrorism proposals were blocked by the GOP-controlled Congress"
Now is when you're supposed to LIST them, the SPECIFIC proposals that Repubs blocked. Can you do it?
poor baby doesn't remember his history...

Let me be VERY specific here. What the GOP REFUSED to pass for Clinton, and which became law AFTER 9-11, included expanded pre-trial detention for suspected terrorists, the FISA court and wiretaps of terrorism suspects, eased deportation of foreigners convicted of crimes, suspension of 6th amendment protections for the detention of aliens convicted or suspected of crimes, the criminalization of fund-raising for terrorism, and revived visa denial provisions to keep dangerous people out of the US.

Is that specific enough? If that's not, try checking the following bills: S. 390 and H.R. 896
See how nobrain changed the font size so everyone would ONLY see his side of the story? You'd make a good CNN reporter.
I changed the font size so it wasn't so garish. Shouting is not how you win a debate. Facts and figures are. So I stopped your shouting. Had you used a normal font it wouldn't have been changed. Let's also note that your original post, complete with garbled shouting, is in place, unchanged.

And to that point... you didn't address the issue at hand... the SPECIFIC proposals the GOP refused to pass, which lead directly to 9-11. I understand your deflection. It demonstrates your inability to research a simple topic and present any facts that support your position
You might as well just say, blah blah blah, instead of all this gibberish.

Question, would this proposal that you claim* the GOP denied would have stopped the Cole bombing, or the Embassy bombings?

*Lied about
Those are facts. History doesn't lie. That is what the GOP rejected as being too invasive, violating the rights of US citizens.

As for your other question, why are you deflecting the question at hand. We're talking about 9-11. Very specifically about 9-11. And clearly you want to deflect to another tangent because you can see that your argument is mortally bankrupt. But, in spite of that, I'll give a a rhetorical answer and see if you can parse it. If Nixon won in 1960 would the US have landed on the moon?
History doesn't but you do.

What did the GOP reject?? not that "omnibus terrorism bill" crap again!!!

Clearly you don't want to talk about all of clinton's attacks and how his cruise missiles failed to stop them.

Why are you deflecting to nixon?? talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth.
0 x
☪ "May God d*mn the Saudis and America.", brookboy123 (nobrain & dope are fine with this )

User avatar
nolaxride
Global Moderator
Posts: 16681
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Re: The streak continues..........what is it?.......97 consecutive months of job growth?

Post by nolaxride » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:49 am

barrysoetoro wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:30 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:27 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:15 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:21 am
barrysoetoro wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:37 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:20 am
Scooter wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:34 am
"Clinton's anti-terrorism proposals were blocked by the GOP-controlled Congress"
Now is when you're supposed to LIST them, the SPECIFIC proposals that Repubs blocked. Can you do it?
poor baby doesn't remember his history...

Let me be VERY specific here. What the GOP REFUSED to pass for Clinton, and which became law AFTER 9-11, included expanded pre-trial detention for suspected terrorists, the FISA court and wiretaps of terrorism suspects, eased deportation of foreigners convicted of crimes, suspension of 6th amendment protections for the detention of aliens convicted or suspected of crimes, the criminalization of fund-raising for terrorism, and revived visa denial provisions to keep dangerous people out of the US.

Is that specific enough? If that's not, try checking the following bills: S. 390 and H.R. 896
See how nobrain changed the font size so everyone would ONLY see his side of the story? You'd make a good CNN reporter.
I changed the font size so it wasn't so garish. Shouting is not how you win a debate. Facts and figures are. So I stopped your shouting. Had you used a normal font it wouldn't have been changed. Let's also note that your original post, complete with garbled shouting, is in place, unchanged.

And to that point... you didn't address the issue at hand... the SPECIFIC proposals the GOP refused to pass, which lead directly to 9-11. I understand your deflection. It demonstrates your inability to research a simple topic and present any facts that support your position
You might as well just say, blah blah blah, instead of all this gibberish.

Question, would this proposal that you claim* the GOP denied would have stopped the Cole bombing, or the Embassy bombings?

*Lied about
Those are facts. History doesn't lie. That is what the GOP rejected as being too invasive, violating the rights of US citizens.

As for your other question, why are you deflecting the question at hand? We're talking about 9-11. Very specifically about 9-11. And clearly, you want to deflect to another tangent because you can see that your argument is morally bankrupt. But, in spite of that, I'll give a rhetorical answer and see if you can parse it. If Nixon won in 1960 would the US have landed on the moon?
History doesn't but you do.

What did the GOP reject?? not that "omnibus terrorism bill" crap again!!!

Clearly you don't want to talk about all of clinton's attacks and how his cruise missiles failed to stop them.

Why are you deflecting to nixon?? talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth.
Here's what the GOP rejected:

- expanded pre-trial detention for suspected terrorists
- the FISA court and wiretaps of terrorism suspects
- eased deportation of foreigners convicted of crimes
- suspension of 6th amendment protections for the detention of aliens convicted or suspected of crimes
- the criminalization of fund-raising for terrorism
- visa denial provisions to keep dangerous people out of the US

Is there some part of that list you don't understand? You keep deflecting. Deal with THE FACTS. If you don't think that list represents FACTS, prove they aren't.

Now, as for the Nixon reference... I'm not surprised that you didn't understand the parallel reference of the rhetorical question I asked. Not surprised at all. You seem to have trouble grasping complex or nuanced ideas. I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you. So I'll make it as simple as I can.

Your question was not a question grounded in reality. Just as there is no reality to Nixon being electing in 1960 there is no reality in asking if the legislation would have prevented something. It was never passed so we'll never know.
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius

User avatar
barrysoetoro
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 30371
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Re: The streak continues..........what is it?.......97 consecutive months of job growth?

Post by barrysoetoro » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:38 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:49 am
barrysoetoro wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:30 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:27 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:15 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:21 am
barrysoetoro wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:37 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:20 am
Scooter wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:34 am
"Clinton's anti-terrorism proposals were blocked by the GOP-controlled Congress"
Now is when you're supposed to LIST them, the SPECIFIC proposals that Repubs blocked. Can you do it?
poor baby doesn't remember his history...

Let me be VERY specific here. What the GOP REFUSED to pass for Clinton, and which became law AFTER 9-11, included expanded pre-trial detention for suspected terrorists, the FISA court and wiretaps of terrorism suspects, eased deportation of foreigners convicted of crimes, suspension of 6th amendment protections for the detention of aliens convicted or suspected of crimes, the criminalization of fund-raising for terrorism, and revived visa denial provisions to keep dangerous people out of the US.

Is that specific enough? If that's not, try checking the following bills: S. 390 and H.R. 896
See how nobrain changed the font size so everyone would ONLY see his side of the story? You'd make a good CNN reporter.
I changed the font size so it wasn't so garish. Shouting is not how you win a debate. Facts and figures are. So I stopped your shouting. Had you used a normal font it wouldn't have been changed. Let's also note that your original post, complete with garbled shouting, is in place, unchanged.

And to that point... you didn't address the issue at hand... the SPECIFIC proposals the GOP refused to pass, which lead directly to 9-11. I understand your deflection. It demonstrates your inability to research a simple topic and present any facts that support your position
You might as well just say, blah blah blah, instead of all this gibberish.

Question, would this proposal that you claim* the GOP denied would have stopped the Cole bombing, or the Embassy bombings?

*Lied about
Those are facts. History doesn't lie. That is what the GOP rejected as being too invasive, violating the rights of US citizens.

As for your other question, why are you deflecting the question at hand? We're talking about 9-11. Very specifically about 9-11. And clearly, you want to deflect to another tangent because you can see that your argument is morally bankrupt. But, in spite of that, I'll give a rhetorical answer and see if you can parse it. If Nixon won in 1960 would the US have landed on the moon?
History doesn't but you do.

What did the GOP reject?? not that "omnibus terrorism bill" crap again!!!

Clearly you don't want to talk about all of clinton's attacks and how his cruise missiles failed to stop them.

Why are you deflecting to nixon?? talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth.
Here's what the GOP rejected:

- expanded pre-trial detention for suspected terrorists
- the FISA court and wiretaps of terrorism suspects
- eased deportation of foreigners convicted of crimes
- suspension of 6th amendment protections for the detention of aliens convicted or suspected of crimes <<<NOBRAIN TALKS OUT OF BOTH SIDES OF HIS MOUTH AGAIN
- the criminalization of fund-raising for terrorism
- visa denial provisions to keep dangerous people out of the US

Is there some part of that list you don't understand? You keep deflecting. Deal with THE FACTS. If you don't think that list represents FACTS, prove they aren't.

Now, as for the Nixon reference... I'm not surprised that you didn't understand the parallel reference of the rhetorical question I asked. Not surprised at all. You seem to have trouble grasping complex or nuanced ideas. I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you. So I'll make it as simple as I can.

Your question was not a question grounded in reality. Just as there is no reality to Nixon being electing in 1960 there is no reality in asking if the legislation would have prevented something. It was never passed so we'll never know.
So which one of those that you claim "the GOP rejected" either kills or puts handcuffs on Al-Qaida members??? So people known to be dangerous were allowed in? Dangerous as far as what?

And where did you get that list from??? Why just now are is that your excuse for him??? The Omnibus monitoring bill doesn't kill terrorists. Hell, you damned liberals are the compassionate ones who feel sorry for terrorists and want to give them rights!!!

Bush put troops on the ground after 9/11 and we never were attacked again. That's the solution, and you still want to deny it, making excuses for your failed president. Facts, my ass, it's common sense, which a liberal like you has NONE.

"I'm not surprised that you didn't understand the parallel reference of the rhetorical question I asked. Not surprised at all. You seem to have trouble grasping complex or nuanced ideas. I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you. So I'll make it as simple as I can." <<< NOBRAIN, BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS!!!! NUANCED, NUMBERS, FACTS, YOUR USUAL TALKING POINTS!!!
0 x
☪ "May God d*mn the Saudis and America.", brookboy123 (nobrain & dope are fine with this )

User avatar
barrysoetoro
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 30371
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Re: The streak continues..........what is it?.......97 consecutive months of job growth?

Post by barrysoetoro » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:40 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:49 am
Here's what the GOP rejected:

- expanded pre-trial detention for suspected terrorists
- the FISA court and wiretaps of terrorism suspects
- eased deportation of foreigners convicted of crimes
- suspension of 6th amendment protections for the detention of aliens convicted or suspected of crimes
- the criminalization of fund-raising for terrorism
- visa denial provisions to keep dangerous people out of the US

you dont need all that if you're fighting an active war on terror instead of just firing cruise missiles, dumbass!!!! Clinton handed it over to the fBI and made it a law enforcement issue!!!!

Yeah, keep talking your chit!!! Which of those would have stopped the 1993 WTC bombing to the USS Cole? NONE. That's just more crap on paper AND NO ACTION!!!!
0 x
☪ "May God d*mn the Saudis and America.", brookboy123 (nobrain & dope are fine with this )

User avatar
nolaxride
Global Moderator
Posts: 16681
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Re: The streak continues..........what is it?.......97 consecutive months of job growth?

Post by nolaxride » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:18 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:40 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:49 am
Here's what the GOP rejected:

- expanded pre-trial detention for suspected terrorists
- the FISA court and wiretaps of terrorism suspects
- eased deportation of foreigners convicted of crimes
- suspension of 6th amendment protections for the detention of aliens convicted or suspected of crimes
- the criminalization of fund-raising for terrorism
- visa denial provisions to keep dangerous people out of the US

you dont need all that if you're fighting an active war on terror instead of just firing cruise missiles, dumbass!!!! Clinton handed it over to the fBI and made it a law enforcement issue!!!!

Yeah, keep talking your chit!!! Which of those would have stopped the 1993 WTC bombing to the USS Cole? NONE. That's just more crap on paper AND NO ACTION!!!!
IF you don't need that to fight terrorism, why did the GOP include ALL of it in the first homeland security bill?

And I see you're still asking the nonsensical questions...and not seeing your hypocrisy... when did the WTC bombing occur? I'll refresh your memory. February 26, 1993. When was Clinton inaugurated the first time? I'll refresh your memory on that, too. January 20, 1993.

9-11 happened in 2001, 7 months after Bush was inaugurated. So, you blame Clinton for 9-11, 7 months after Bush took office, but don't blame the WTC bombing on Bush Sr. Why not? Maybe because you're incapable of seeing more than your own POV?
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius

User avatar
barrysoetoro
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 30371
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Re: The streak continues..........what is it?.......97 consecutive months of job growth?

Post by barrysoetoro » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:23 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:18 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:40 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:49 am
Here's what the GOP rejected:

- expanded pre-trial detention for suspected terrorists
- the FISA court and wiretaps of terrorism suspects
- eased deportation of foreigners convicted of crimes
- suspension of 6th amendment protections for the detention of aliens convicted or suspected of crimes
- the criminalization of fund-raising for terrorism
- visa denial provisions to keep dangerous people out of the US

you dont need all that if you're fighting an active war on terror instead of just firing cruise missiles, dumbass!!!! Clinton handed it over to the fBI and made it a law enforcement issue!!!!

Yeah, keep talking your chit!!! Which of those would have stopped the 1993 WTC bombing to the USS Cole? NONE. That's just more crap on paper AND NO ACTION!!!!
IF you don't need that to fight terrorism, why did the GOP include ALL of it in the first homeland security bill?

And I see you're still asking the nonsensical questions...and not seeing your hypocrisy... when did the WTC bombing occur? I'll refresh your memory. February 26, 1993. When was Clinton inaugurated the first time? I'll refresh your memory on that, too. January 20, 1993.

9-11 happened in 2001, 7 months after Bush was inaugurated. So, you blame Clinton for 9-11, 7 months after Bush took office, but don't blame the WTC bombing on Bush Sr. Why not? Maybe because you're incapable of seeing more than your own POV?
Because 9/11 was a "wake up, we've been attacked, call", moron!!!! And what the f#ck good is all that WITHOUT TROOPS ON THE GROUND TO KILL OR CUFF THEM, DUMBASS??????

Yeah, asshammer I know when the 1993 WTC bombing happened, and he handed it over to law enforcement, then we were attacked again, and again, and again. Not one piece of your legislation that you probably made up puts the cuffs on terrorists or kills them. Troops do that. (but but they might get killed, cruise missiles don't die).

Sure, you're as dumb as BB and evil. Just blame Bush, "his watch". And Bush Sr didn't have any attacks to deal with.

"but but but barry 0bama inherited a bad economy, blah blah blah". Your'e a hypocrite.
0 x
☪ "May God d*mn the Saudis and America.", brookboy123 (nobrain & dope are fine with this )

User avatar
barrysoetoro
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 30371
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Re: The streak continues..........what is it?.......97 consecutive months of job growth?

Post by barrysoetoro » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:24 pm

nolaxride wrote: ↑Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:49 pm
Here's what the GOP rejected:

- expanded pre-trial detention for suspected terrorists
- the FISA court and wiretaps of terrorism suspects
- eased deportation of foreigners convicted of crimes
- suspension of 6th amendment protections for the detention of aliens convicted or suspected of crimes
- the criminalization of fund-raising for terrorism
- visa denial provisions to keep dangerous people out of the US


SO NO TROOPS ON THE GROUND AND ALL THIS WOULD HAVE STOPPED 9/11, YES?
0 x
☪ "May God d*mn the Saudis and America.", brookboy123 (nobrain & dope are fine with this )

Post Reply