Comedian, TV Host Howie Mandel Says libturdism Has Destroyed Comedy

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
illeatyourdates2
Get in my Belly!

Comedian, TV Host Howie Mandel Says libturdism Has Destroyed Comedy

Post by illeatyourdates2 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:19 pm

Comedian, TV Host Howie Mandel Says Liberalism Has Destroyed Comedy
4 hours ago

Written by Warner Todd Huston

We all know that PCism is destroying the very fabric of our country. It is so bad, even lefty Hollywooders are seeing it. Recently comedian and TV host Howie Mandel was dour about the field of comedy and said he feels PCism has destroyed his profession.

Mandel, now 62, is no conservative, of course, but he has had a long career in comedy having first started doing standup at the various comedy clubs in the late 1970s. By the 1980s his offbeat and sometimes mildly inappropriate style of comedy made him a common guest on TV. But today Mandel says he won’t do standup any more and that PCism has ruined comedy.

The performer who now-a-days stars as one of the judges on the show America’s Got Talent, recently told TMZ stringers that comedy is dead.

“Comedy’s not fun, anymore,” Mandel said. Indeed, he even said he had “funny answers” for the TMZ folks but feared saying them for becoming the next entertainer whose life is ruined by PC outrage.

“It’s not fun anymore,” Mandel said with a shake of his head. “Comedy was fun. When I came out here, I couldn’t wait to hit the stage and try my wares, and step over the line and find out where the line is. Not anymore. Not fun!”

Mandel also said he thought the days of Richard Pryor’s style of comedy is dead and gone.

“I watched Richard Pryor each and every night get up on stage and put together ‘Live On The Sunset Strip.’ And every night, he said things that were jaw-dropping and exciting and edgy and different. And he inspired me to go out there and be somewhat fearless … Truth be told, he made it fun. It doesn’t exist anymore,” the comedian concluded. “I’m so afraid of people who have recording devices. You don’t know what’s going to happen. You could lose an entire career just by trying out one piece of material.”

You can put that question to the ingenious Norm Macdonald who lost at least one job because of the PC outrage machine.

Macdonald was discussing the #MeToo movement with The Hollywood Reporter when he said that it needs to “slow dow a little bit.”

“I’m happy the #MeToo movement has slowed down a little bit,” Macdonald told the Reporter. “It used to be, ‘One hundred women can’t be lying.’ And then it became, ‘One woman can’t lie.’ And that became, ‘I believe all women.’ And then you’re like, ‘What?’ Like, that Chris Hardwick guy I really thought got the blunt end of the stick there.”

Macdonald is right, there. The #MeToo movement went from dozens of women all attacking one guy (Harvey Weinstein) and insisting that because so many of them all had the same story that there must be truth to the claims. But now, it has boiled down to the assumption that we must all automatically believe a SINGLE women’s claims, whether there is any truth to the claims or not.

We are seeing that writ large with the accusations against Judge Brett Kavanaugh right now. Liberals are insisting that it is “sexist” to dismiss his accuser’s claims just because “she’s a woman.” But her accusations have absolutely no details at all to them. This accuser can’t remember when her “assault” happened, where it happened, or who was in the room when it happened. AND it was 35 years ago and during which time she never said a word about the so-called attack! This woman is clearly a liar. Yet every Democrat is wallowing in fake outrage if anyone points out that this woman’s story is not in the least bit credible.

As to the “Chris Hardwick guy” Macdonald was referring to, he also got no justice. He had an ex girlfriend who wrote a blog post about an “abusive relationship” she was in but didn’t even actually name Hardwick as the “abuser.” Yet he immediately lost ALL of his TV hosting jobs. And he almost lost his entire TV career as a result. Just because of some unproven accusations, none of which even had any legal actions (like a police report) backing them up.

In any case, Macdonald tried to apologize for his comments and explain what he meant, but it was too late as he was quickly booted from an appearance on The Tonight Show as soon as he dissed the #MeToo movement.

So, like Mandel, Macdonald knows a bit about how PCism is destroying lives.

WATCH:

https://eaglerising.com/62488/comedian- ... ed-comedy/

:angel:
0 x