Indian man convicted of sexually assaulting young woman on flight

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
I am Z
Global Moderator

Indian man convicted of sexually assaulting young woman on flight

Post by I am Z » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:24 am

sitting right next to his wife, too.

perhaps that's ok in their "culture".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dr- ... edirect=on

it's not ok in America, asshole.

excerpt:

Ramamoorthy told an FBI agent he “might have” unhooked the woman’s bra and then unzipped her pants, the complaint said. He tried to put his fingers inside the woman, he said, but he told the investigator he was unsuccessful.

But the prosecution presented evidence Ramamoorthy penetrated the woman with his fingers, Schneider said.

Ramamoorthy could not be reached for comment. His attorney James Amberg and Spirit Airlines did not return a request for comment.

In the trial, Amberg said his client’s understanding of the legal process was based on Indian law. Ramamoorthy believed anything he told police was inadmissible in court, according to a motion Amberg filed to suppress Ramamoorthy’s statements.

"might have"...?
0 x
gender appropriation is ok if you're a liberal

:flycarpet:

chucky
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla

Re: Indian man convicted of sexually assaulting young woman on flight

Post by chucky » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:32 am

I am Z wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:24 am

excerpt:

Ramamoorthy told an FBI agent he “might have” unhooked the woman’s bra and then unzipped her pants, the complaint said. He tried to put his fingers inside the woman, he said, but he told the investigator he was unsuccessful.

But the prosecution presented evidence Ramamoorthy penetrated the woman with his fingers, Schneider said.

Ramamoorthy could not be reached for comment. His attorney James Amberg and Spirit Airlines did not return a request for comment.

In the trial, Amberg said his client’s understanding of the legal process was based on Indian law. Ramamoorthy believed anything he told police was inadmissible in court, according to a motion Amberg filed to suppress Ramamoorthy’s statements.

"might have"...?
Total freak.
0 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:06 pm

chucky wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:32 am
I am Z wrote:

excerpt:

"might have"...?
Total freak.
talk about brazen. the man's wife was sitting next to him. obviously, in other countries, what men can get away with is insane.
0 x

chucky
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla

Post by chucky » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:13 pm

I am Z wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:06 pm
chucky wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:32 am
I am Z wrote:

excerpt:

"might have"...?
Total freak.
talk about brazen. the man's wife was sitting next to him. obviously, in other countries, what men can get away with is insane.
Many of these cultures have no respect for woman .
0 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:40 pm

I am Z wrote:

excerpt:

"might have"...?
It's not okay in his culture either.
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:53 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:40 pm
I am Z wrote:

excerpt:

"might have"...?
perhaps not. but are you saying women are treated equally, in india as men?
0 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:12 pm

I am Z wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:53 pm
nolaxride wrote:
I am Z wrote:

excerpt:

"might have"...?
Nope. Not even close. India is still a third world country that is facing some serious issues. How they treat women is a small part of that problem.
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:01 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:12 pm
I am Z wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:53 pm
nolaxride wrote:
I am Z wrote:

excerpt:

"might have"...?
Nope. Not even close. India is still a third world country that is facing some serious issues. How they treat women is a small part of that problem.
well then, I'd say there is indeed a culture issue

Last bumped by I am Z on Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:01 pm.
1 x