is Victoria's Secret U.S. marketing not working or is there a conscious effort to de-feminize women?

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
I am Z
Global Moderator

is Victoria's Secret U.S. marketing not working or is there a conscious effort to de-feminize women?

Post by I am Z » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:13 am

http://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/2018/0 ... s-say.html

excerpt:

What went wrong? How could an iconic retailer that was the standard bearer of all things sexy, with oodles of pricing power and a stable of super models, fall so hard?

Self-inflicted wounds, say industry experts.

Victoria’s Secret’s once-effective marketing strategy of using super models — Heidi Klum, Gisele Bundchen and Gigi Hadid are Angel alums —has for the most part backfired on the Columbus, Ohio, company.

“It’s had the same positioning for decades, associating sexy with super models, and it just doesn’t work anymore,” said Konik.

The #MeToo movement that exploded on the public consciousness last October didn’t help. The brand’s image has been banged up since then, according to a recent survey by YouGov.

now why on earth would a "me too" movement hurt V.S.?

is there a conscious effort to de feminize women? to make them less sexy? there certainly is the effort to attack masculinity, so i suspect it's very possible.

i for one, respect the beauty that can only belong to a very feminine woman. some have it some don't but it is ok to appreciate their beauty without doing or saying disrespectful things like the hollywood elites have been doing for decades.

Last bumped by I am Z on Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:13 am.
1 x
gender appropriation is ok if you're a liberal

:flycarpet: