Maybe the dog ate Drumps homework too?

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
donttreadonme
Serene Highness

Maybe the dog ate Drumps homework too?

Post by donttreadonme » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:28 pm

:lo2l:

Would It or Wouldn’t It Be Russia: Trump Goes Double Negative

WASHINGTON — It was really just a mix-up, he insisted. Like confusing “affect” and “effect,” but for unprecedented global cyberaggression.

“I thought I made myself very clear,” President Trump said, alternately riffing and note-reading on Tuesday from his chair in the White House Cabinet Room. “I came back, and I said, ‘What is going on? What’s the big deal?’”

Well.

Mr. Trump had just returned from Finland, where he sided against his own intelligence agencies’ conclusions about Russian interference in the 2016 election during a meeting with President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia. “I have President Putin; he just said it’s not Russia,” Mr. Trump had said on Monday. “I don’t see any reason why it would be.”

And by that, Mr. Trump said on Tuesday, more than 24 hours later, he meant the exact opposite. “The sentence should have been, ‘I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be Russia,’” Mr. Trump said. “Sort of a double negative.”

He looked up at the cameras, then back down. “So,” he concluded, “you can put that in. And I think that probably clarifies things pretty good by itself.”

It did not. And in an instant, Mr. Trump had joined the pantheon of dubious executive word-parsing and malapropisms, a bipartisan enterprise with decades of entries, if little precise precedent for Tuesday’s excuse-making.

Mr. Trump appeared confident in his powers of persuasion, repeatedly arguing that he thought he had been clear. But as he pledged support for his intelligence officials, the lights in the Cabinet Room went down, darkening his face before the cameras.

“Must be the intelligence agencies,” he said, folding his arms.

“That was strange,” he added. “But that’s O.K.”

Soon, he returned to his notes, with a message in the margin. “THERE WAS NO COLUSION” was scribbled on the page, seemingly missing an “L.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/17/us/p ... ussia.html
0 x

barrysoetoro
Get in my Belly!

Re: Maybe the dog ate Drumps homework too?

Post by barrysoetoro » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:35 am

0 x
☪ "May God d*mn the Saudis and America.", brookboy123, liberal, coward, from a family of America haters

Scooter
Heir Apparent

Post by Scooter » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:31 am

"What I was suggesting — you’re absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith" - Barack Hussein bin el Obama, September 2008
0 x
"When we correct this mistake you forced on us, we need to take away your right to vote" - EConTheNaziPigMoron

stuporstitionist
Majesty

Post by stuporstitionist » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:51 am

donttreadonme wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:28 pm

WASHINGTON — It was really just a mix-up, he insisted. Like confusing “affect” and “effect,” but for unprecedented global cyberaggression.

“I thought I made myself very clear,” President Trump said, alternately riffing and note-reading on Tuesday from his chair in the White House Cabinet Room. “I came back, and I said, ‘What is going on? What’s the big deal?’”

Well.

Mr. Trump had just returned from Finland, where he sided against his own intelligence agencies’ conclusions about Russian interference in the 2016 election during a meeting with President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia. “I have President Putin; he just said it’s not Russia,” Mr. Trump had said on Monday. “I don’t see any reason why it would be.”

And by that, Mr. Trump said on Tuesday, more than 24 hours later, he meant the exact opposite. “The sentence should have been, ‘I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be Russia,’” Mr. Trump said. “Sort of a double negative.”

He looked up at the cameras, then back down. “So,” he concluded, “you can put that in. And I think that probably clarifies things pretty good by itself.”

It did not. And in an instant, Mr. Trump had joined the pantheon of dubious executive word-parsing and malapropisms, a bipartisan enterprise with decades of entries, if little precise precedent for Tuesday’s excuse-making.

Mr. Trump appeared confident in his powers of persuasion, repeatedly arguing that he thought he had been clear. But as he pledged support for his intelligence officials, the lights in the Cabinet Room went down, darkening his face before the cameras.

Soon, he returned to his notes, with a message in the margin. “THERE WAS NO COLUSION” was scribbled on the page, seemingly missing an “L.”

Trump went on to clarify : "I meant to say Mexico wouldn't be paying for the wall, you wouldn't be getting great healthcare at a fraction of the cost and I wouldn't be eliminating the debt, protecting Social Security or running unarmed into a school to tackle a shooter with an AR-15."

(its a joke Mac)
1 x
Remember: the Russians believed that the best way to damage America was help elect Donald Trump.

aluannie@q.com
Heir Presumptive

Post by aluannie@q.com » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:08 am

stuporstitionist wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:51 am
donttreadonme wrote:

Well.

Trump went on to clarify : "I meant to say Mexico wouldn't be paying for the wall, you wouldn't be getting great healthcare at a fraction of the cost and I wouldn't be eliminating the debt, protecting Social Security or running unarmed into a school to tackle a shooter with an AR-15."

(its a joke Mac)
Not funny so you must be the joke but I've always known that.
0 x

stuporstitionist
Majesty

Post by stuporstitionist » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:20 am

aluannie@q.com wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:08 am
stuporstitionist wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:51 am
donttreadonme wrote:

Well.

(its a joke Mac)
Not funny so you must be the joke but I've always known that.
The joke is on you.
1 x
Remember: the Russians believed that the best way to damage America was help elect Donald Trump.

Scooter
Heir Apparent

Post by Scooter » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:29 pm

"What I was suggesting — you’re absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith" - Barack Hussein bin el Obama, September 2008
0 x
"When we correct this mistake you forced on us, we need to take away your right to vote" - EConTheNaziPigMoron

evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

Post by evilconempire » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:33 pm

SEN. OBAMA: What I was suggesting — you’re absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith, and you’re absolutely right that that has not come …
MR. STEPHANOPOULOS (interrupting): Your Christian faith.

SEN. OBAMA: My Christian faith — well, what I’m saying is …

MR. STEPHANOPOULOS (interrupting): Connections, right.

SEN. OBAMA: … that he hasn’t suggested that I’m a Muslim, and I think that his campaign upper echelons haven’t either. What I think is fair to say is that coming out of the Republican camp, there have been efforts to suggest that perhaps I’m not what who I say I am when it comes to my faith, something which I find deeply offensive, and that has been going on for a pretty long time.
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

chucky
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla

Post by chucky » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:39 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:33 pm
SEN. OBAMA: What I was suggesting — you’re absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith, and you’re absolutely right that that has not come …

SEN. OBAMA: … that he hasn’t suggested that I’m a Muslim, and I think that his campaign upper echelons haven’t either. What I think is fair to say is that coming out of the Republican camp, there have been efforts to suggest that perhaps I’m not what who I say I am when it comes to my faith, something which I find deeply offensive, and that has been going on for a pretty long time.
Now that is some seriously unbiased journalism. :lo2l:
0 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

Post by evilconempire » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:41 pm

chucky wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:39 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:33 pm

Now that is some seriously unbiased journalism. :lo2l:
Is Stephanopoulos a journalist and since when don't interviewers correct someone when they obviously misspoke?
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech: