Uncivil emotional people now refusing to serve people based on their political affiliation.

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
stuporstitionist
Majesty

Re: Uncivil emotional people now refusing to serve people based on their political affiliation.

Post by stuporstitionist » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:54 am

nolaxride wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:48 am
stuporstitionist wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:53 am
If you talk to the people who escaped Nazi Germany they often say their biggest regret was not being nicer to government officials defending unspeakable crimes who were eating dinner.
I've had the honor and privilege to know a few Jews who survived Nazi Germany. One in a prison camp, another who barely made it out. This is not where you want to go with this point. I understand the point and your analogy fails.
Half my wife's family died from Nazis.
0 x
Remember: the Russians believed that the best way to damage America was help elect Donald Trump.

aluannie@q.com
Royal Highness

Re: Uncivil emotional people now refusing to serve people based on their political affiliation.

Post by aluannie@q.com » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:59 am

stuporstitionist wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:54 am
nolaxride wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:48 am
stuporstitionist wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:53 am
If you talk to the people who escaped Nazi Germany they often say their biggest regret was not being nicer to government officials defending unspeakable crimes who were eating dinner.
I've had the honor and privilege to know a few Jews who survived Nazi Germany. One in a prison camp, another who barely made it out. This is not where you want to go with this point. I understand the point and your analogy fails.
Half my wife's family died from Nazis.
How awful! At my age the memories of the Nazis is very vivid. The horrors mostly not really known until after the war unless you were there.
0 x

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:04 pm

have you noticed any cons that own restaurants, throw out liberals?

me neither.
0 x
of course, the term :lo2l: --"people of color" means the same thing as "col0red people"

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:10 pm

chucky wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:25 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:49 pm
chucky wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:19 pm
Yup so if anyone who is a member of a group you don’t like comes into a restaurant and you don’t want to serve them I guess it’s OK . I mean if you don’t agree with their politics. The incivility continues to worsen.

A restaurant refused to serve Sarah Sanders and her family

Sarah Sanders had a hard time getting dinner in the D.C. area on Friday. She and her family were asked to leave the Red Hen restaurant in Lexington, Va.

Jaike Foley-Schultz, who says he is a waiter at the Red Hen, shared a post on Facebook that said his boss kicked out the press secretary and her party.

The post went viral when the director of Clean Virginia, a left-leaning energy nonprofit, shared the post on Twitter, along with a handwritten note, purportedly from the restaurant, with the note: “86 — Sara Huckabee Sanders.”

The term “86” is restaurant shorthand for cutting people off, asking them to leave, or throwing them out.

Sanders confirmed that she was asked to leave in a tweet this morning.

“Last night I was told by the owner of Red Hen in Lexington, VA to leave because I work for [President Trump] and I politely left,” Sanders tweeted.

She also got in a dig, noting that being asked to leave said more about the owner than her.

As has become common when a business stirs up controversy, the restaurant’s Yelp and Facebook pages have been flooded by reviewers weighing in on Sanders being given the boot.

On Yelp, one person from Texas wrote, “Decides who can and who cannot dine based on their employment or political affiliations. What a despicable business model! Poor decision by owners and management.”

Another, from California wrote, “I was dining at the Red Hen and witnessed them rudely refuse service to Sarah Huckabee Sanders. I was disgusted and appalled by the incident. I will never eat at this establishment again.”

Facebook was not much different.

There were also some positive comments, with one Yelper writing: “Best restaurant in the world. Owner has her head screwed on straight. I only wish I lived closer so I could eat here every night. Thank you for being brave, I’m sure you’re going to be threatened by all sorts of troglodytes. Stand tall, there are more of us than there are of them.”

Another seemed to draw a parallel to the Colorado baker who won his case in the Supreme Court after refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple, writing: “Glad you stood up for your moral convictions. This used to be against the law, but we all know who changed that and what’s good for the goose… well, you know the rest.”

In a similar incident, Homeland Security chief Kirstjen Nielsen was heckled by activists as she dined at a Mexican restaurant on Tuesday. The protesters chanted “shame!” repeatedly at the woman who has become the frontline defender of the Trump administration’s widely condemned practice of separating migrant children from their parents.

“How can you enjoy a Mexican dinner as you’re deporting, imprisoning tens of thousands of people who come here seeking asylum in the United States?” one of the activists cried out in a 10-minute video the group posted on social media.

Nielsen left the dinner early.
So, you can only refuse based on religious beliefs? If they don't want to make money that is up to them. And things like this can hurt the business.
By all means let’s keep expanding it. Maybe we can have people wear political symbols so it’s easier to identify them .
Maybe it's their firmly held religious belief that serving a liar condones the lying. Or maybe we should recognize that when you open a business to serve the public you will serve the entire public rather than make exceptions for some people and not others.
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:11 pm

I am Z wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:04 pm

me neither.
Because the cake baker wasn't a religious conservative and the gay couple was :lo2l:
1 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:13 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:11 pm
I am Z wrote:

me neither.
Because the cake baker wasn't a religious conservative and the gay couple was :lo2l:
the baker would bake a cake but not decorate it in such a way as to "participate" in what is obviously, an immoral union.

i'm not surprised that you don't know the difference.
0 x
of course, the term :lo2l: --"people of color" means the same thing as "col0red people"

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:15 pm

I am Z wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:13 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:11 pm
I am Z wrote:

me neither.
the baker would bake a cake but not decorate it in such a way as to "participate" in what is obviously, an immoral union.

i'm not surprised that you don't know the difference.
LOL I didn't even say anything about that. You're funny how unskillfully you deflect.
0 x

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:25 pm

There once was a joint called The Red Hen
Quite qu33r who they will and won’t let in
GOP is their focus
Their food might just choke us
I think I’ll just go to the drive-in

There once was a joint called The Red Hen
Quite qu33r who they will and won’t let in
GOP is their focus
Their food might just choke us
It’s not like she wants cake for gay wed-in :nesaitpas:
1 x
"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you"............Rudyard Kipling

stuporstitionist
Majesty

Post by stuporstitionist » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:57 pm

Some people want us to be civil as they take our Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, make cancer patients uninsurable, and steal children.
0 x
Remember: the Russians believed that the best way to damage America was help elect Donald Trump.

chucky
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla

Post by chucky » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:32 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:10 pm
chucky wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:25 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:49 pm
chucky wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:19 pm
Yup so if anyone who is a member of a group you don’t like comes into a restaurant and you don’t want to serve them I guess it’s OK . I mean if you don’t agree with their politics. The incivility continues to worsen.

A restaurant refused to serve Sarah Sanders and her family

Sarah Sanders had a hard time getting dinner in the D.C. area on Friday. She and her family were asked to leave the Red Hen restaurant in Lexington, Va.

Jaike Foley-Schultz, who says he is a waiter at the Red Hen, shared a post on Facebook that said his boss kicked out the press secretary and her party.

The post went viral when the director of Clean Virginia, a left-leaning energy nonprofit, shared the post on Twitter, along with a handwritten note, purportedly from the restaurant, with the note: “86 — Sara Huckabee Sanders.”

The term “86” is restaurant shorthand for cutting people off, asking them to leave, or throwing them out.

Sanders confirmed that she was asked to leave in a tweet this morning.

“Last night I was told by the owner of Red Hen in Lexington, VA to leave because I work for [President Trump] and I politely left,” Sanders tweeted.

She also got in a dig, noting that being asked to leave said more about the owner than her.

As has become common when a business stirs up controversy, the restaurant’s Yelp and Facebook pages have been flooded by reviewers weighing in on Sanders being given the boot.

On Yelp, one person from Texas wrote, “Decides who can and who cannot dine based on their employment or political affiliations. What a despicable business model! Poor decision by owners and management.”

Another, from California wrote, “I was dining at the Red Hen and witnessed them rudely refuse service to Sarah Huckabee Sanders. I was disgusted and appalled by the incident. I will never eat at this establishment again.”

Facebook was not much different.

There were also some positive comments, with one Yelper writing: “Best restaurant in the world. Owner has her head screwed on straight. I only wish I lived closer so I could eat here every night. Thank you for being brave, I’m sure you’re going to be threatened by all sorts of troglodytes. Stand tall, there are more of us than there are of them.”

Another seemed to draw a parallel to the Colorado baker who won his case in the Supreme Court after refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple, writing: “Glad you stood up for your moral convictions. This used to be against the law, but we all know who changed that and what’s good for the goose… well, you know the rest.”

In a similar incident, Homeland Security chief Kirstjen Nielsen was heckled by activists as she dined at a Mexican restaurant on Tuesday. The protesters chanted “shame!” repeatedly at the woman who has become the frontline defender of the Trump administration’s widely condemned practice of separating migrant children from their parents.

“How can you enjoy a Mexican dinner as you’re deporting, imprisoning tens of thousands of people who come here seeking asylum in the United States?” one of the activists cried out in a 10-minute video the group posted on social media.

Nielsen left the dinner early.
So, you can only refuse based on religious beliefs? If they don't want to make money that is up to them. And things like this can hurt the business.
By all means let’s keep expanding it. Maybe we can have people wear political symbols so it’s easier to identify them .
Maybe it's their firmly held religious belief that serving a liar condones the lying. Or maybe we should recognize that when you open a business to serve the public you will serve the entire public rather than make exceptions for some people and not others.
Based on that logic you would be one of their very few customers. I am ok with the right to refuse service if everyone has that right for any reason.
0 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier