Toddler Used as Face of Family Separation was Never Separated From Her Mother

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
User avatar
nolaxride
Global Moderator
Posts: 15624
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Re: Toddler Used as Face of Family Separation was Never Separated From Her Mother

Post by nolaxride » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:10 am

Scooter wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:38 am
nolaxride wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:11 am
Scooter wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:37 pm
So #@%$ off you lying, treasonous piece of trash Liberals. :finger:

The two-year-old crying Honduran girl featured on the cover of the July 2 issue of Time magazine was never separated from her mother at the U.S.-Mexico border, the Washington Post reported early Friday.

The girl’s father, Denis Hernandez, explained that his daughter, Yanela Sanchez, and his wife are being held together in a family detention center in Texas.

They were not separated due to Trump’s zero-tolerance immigration policy, as the Time cover — which includes the caption “Welcome to Trump’s America,” and shows president Trump looming over the child menacingly — seemed to suggest.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/tod ... er-mother/
So the picture was fake? The mother was never stopped by the border patrol?
You are a punk beeeitch Liberal scumbag. Keep lying and claim to be an independent. :finger: :finger: :finger:
I'm asking a simple question and you're getting all wound up over the answer. I find how the right relates to the truth to be very subjective and relative.
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

User avatar
aluannie@q.com
Heir Presumptive
Posts: 2285
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:34 am

Re: Toddler Used as Face of Family Separation was Never Separated From Her Mother

Post by aluannie@q.com » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:56 am

nolaxride wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:10 am
Scooter wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:38 am
nolaxride wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:11 am
Scooter wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:37 pm
So #@%$ off you lying, treasonous piece of trash Liberals. :finger:

The two-year-old crying Honduran girl featured on the cover of the July 2 issue of Time magazine was never separated from her mother at the U.S.-Mexico border, the Washington Post reported early Friday.

The girl’s father, Denis Hernandez, explained that his daughter, Yanela Sanchez, and his wife are being held together in a family detention center in Texas.

They were not separated due to Trump’s zero-tolerance immigration policy, as the Time cover — which includes the caption “Welcome to Trump’s America,” and shows president Trump looming over the child menacingly — seemed to suggest.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/tod ... er-mother/
So the picture was fake? The mother was never stopped by the border patrol?
You are a punk beeeitch Liberal scumbag. Keep lying and claim to be an independent. :finger: :finger: :finger:
I'm asking a simple question and you're getting all wound up over the answer. I find how the right relates to the truth to be very subjective and relative.
I find that description of the "Right" to be narrow, unthinking and a destructive voice to any kind of discussion.
0 x

User avatar
nolaxride
Global Moderator
Posts: 15624
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Re: Toddler Used as Face of Family Separation was Never Separated From Her Mother

Post by nolaxride » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:46 am

aluannie@q.com wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:56 am
nolaxride wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:10 am
Scooter wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:38 am
nolaxride wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:11 am
Scooter wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:37 pm
So #@%$ off you lying, treasonous piece of trash Liberals. :finger:

The two-year-old crying Honduran girl featured on the cover of the July 2 issue of Time magazine was never separated from her mother at the U.S.-Mexico border, the Washington Post reported early Friday.

The girl’s father, Denis Hernandez, explained that his daughter, Yanela Sanchez, and his wife are being held together in a family detention center in Texas.

They were not separated due to Trump’s zero-tolerance immigration policy, as the Time cover — which includes the caption “Welcome to Trump’s America,” and shows president Trump looming over the child menacingly — seemed to suggest.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/tod ... er-mother/
So the picture was fake? The mother was never stopped by the border patrol?
You are a punk beeeitch Liberal scumbag. Keep lying and claim to be an independent. :finger: :finger: :finger:
I'm asking a simple question and you're getting all wound up over the answer. I find how the right relates to the truth to be very subjective and relative.
I find that description of the "Right" to be narrow, unthinking and a destructive voice to any kind of discussion.
OK. Then would you please define the 'right'? In the past, the 'right' has always been black or white, right or wrong. No gray area. They railed against 'relative' or 'situational' ethics.

So please, define the 'right' so we can have a discussion rather than a flame war.
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

User avatar
aluannie@q.com
Heir Presumptive
Posts: 2285
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:34 am

Re: Toddler Used as Face of Family Separation was Never Separated From Her Mother

Post by aluannie@q.com » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:58 am

nolaxride wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:46 am
aluannie@q.com wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:56 am
nolaxride wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:10 am
Scooter wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:38 am
nolaxride wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:11 am
Scooter wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:37 pm
So #@%$ off you lying, treasonous piece of trash Liberals. :finger:

The two-year-old crying Honduran girl featured on the cover of the July 2 issue of Time magazine was never separated from her mother at the U.S.-Mexico border, the Washington Post reported early Friday.

The girl’s father, Denis Hernandez, explained that his daughter, Yanela Sanchez, and his wife are being held together in a family detention center in Texas.

They were not separated due to Trump’s zero-tolerance immigration policy, as the Time cover — which includes the caption “Welcome to Trump’s America,” and shows president Trump looming over the child menacingly — seemed to suggest.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/tod ... er-mother/
So the picture was fake? The mother was never stopped by the border patrol?
You are a punk beeeitch Liberal scumbag. Keep lying and claim to be an independent. :finger: :finger: :finger:
I'm asking a simple question and you're getting all wound up over the answer. I find how the right relates to the truth to be very subjective and relative.
I find that description of the "Right" to be narrow, unthinking and a destructive voice to any kind of discussion.
OK. Then would you please define the 'right'? In the past, the 'right' has always been black or white, right or wrong. No gray area. They railed against 'relative' or 'situational' ethics.

So please, define the 'right' so we can have a discussion rather than a flame war.
Your description of the Right is negative and you cannot prove it as it only exists in your warped thinking that is based on the idea of "if they don't agree with me, they are wrong and evil".
0 x

User avatar
evilconempire
Get in my Belly!
Posts: 28871
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: Toddler Used as Face of Family Separation was Never Separated From Her Mother

Post by evilconempire » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:01 pm

clusterchuck wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:26 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:10 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:15 pm
Not to be callous but the tool of emotional story telling wears almost as thin as the overused and ineffectual term "racist".

Its understandable children will react the to adults around them, doing things they don't understand, but the CNN type stories in this thread are extremely one sided and purely manipulative.

While a Mexican pResidential candidate spews his rhetoric encouraging citizens to flood across the U.S. border, we are fed media hooey citing individual examples of tearful children designed to distract us from the reality of current border issues. It's only going to get worse.
I just posted what CNN reported. It was factual as far as I know. No one yet has shown anything in it not to be factual.
Understood.

As a follow up, there's a report the father of the child claims mother and child are together/never were separated. The image of the crying child is unrelated to being "separated" from her mother.

Time Mag, who fueled the emotional fire with a photoshopped cover image of tRump looking down at the girl stands by it's effort to emotionalize the narrative by saying "Our cover and our reporting capture the stakes of this moment."

It's manipulation. And it seems to have worked as intended.
While she may have not been separated she still demonstrates how traumatic the issue can be to kids.
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

User avatar
evilconempire
Get in my Belly!
Posts: 28871
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: Toddler Used as Face of Family Separation was Never Separated From Her Mother

Post by evilconempire » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:02 pm

chucky wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:19 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:09 pm
chucky wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:03 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:47 pm
This 2-year-old has become the face of ‘zero tolerance’

The 2-year-old girl looks up at the adults around her with tears in her frightened eyes, her curls clinging to the side of her face and her mouth opened in a terrified cry.

The girl, who was with her mother and others, had rafted across the Rio Grande and were stopped in Texas by US Border Patrol agents last week.

Agents were searching people before they were taken into vans to be driven to a processing center. John Moore, a Getty photographer and Pulitzer Prize winner, took the picture after the toddler's mother set her down.

"One of the last people to get on the bus was the mother of this child and her daughter together," he told CNN's Ana Cabrera. "And when they went to body-search (the mother) against the vehicle, they asked her to put down her child. And right then, in that moment, the little girl broke into tears.

"It's not unusual for toddlers in any circumstance to have separation anxiety. But I think this particular situation with the separation of families leads and gives a new meaning to that phrase."

The crying girl is quickly becoming the human face of President Donald Trump's new "zero-tolerance" immigration policy, which has resulted in separations of undocumented parents and kids.

Nearly 2,000 immigrant children were separated from parents over a period of about six weeks in April and May, according to the Department of Homeland Security.

The Trump administration has said it will refer everyone caught crossing the border illegally for prosecution, even if they are claiming to deserve asylum or have small children.

Moore didn't know what happened to the little girl and whether she was separated from her mother.

"The process of separation of families happens away from (camera) lenses," he said. "I was able to see about as close as one can get to what it really looks like."

A spokesman for US Customs and Border Protection later told CNN that the girl and her mother were not separated. Further details were unavailable.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2018/06 ... cnnphotos/

-------------

Tell me what's inaccurate about that.
Typical sensationalism . “Welcome to America “ with a crying child looking at Trump. The child wasn’t separated from her mother and the actions taken were the same that would have been taken under Obama. The false impression is that trump caused the child to cry. That is disingenuous and misleading.
That child wasn't. 2300 others were. So nothing about the child, as reported on CNN and just posted by me, can be refuted?
Unresponsive to what I posted as usual.
LOL Except that it was.
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

User avatar
evilconempire
Get in my Belly!
Posts: 28871
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: Toddler Used as Face of Family Separation was Never Separated From Her Mother

Post by evilconempire » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:06 pm

I am Z wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:06 am
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:09 pm
chucky wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:03 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:47 pm
This 2-year-old has become the face of ‘zero tolerance’

The 2-year-old girl looks up at the adults around her with tears in her frightened eyes, her curls clinging to the side of her face and her mouth opened in a terrified cry.

The girl, who was with her mother and others, had rafted across the Rio Grande and were stopped in Texas by US Border Patrol agents last week.

Agents were searching people before they were taken into vans to be driven to a processing center. John Moore, a Getty photographer and Pulitzer Prize winner, took the picture after the toddler's mother set her down.

"One of the last people to get on the bus was the mother of this child and her daughter together," he told CNN's Ana Cabrera. "And when they went to body-search (the mother) against the vehicle, they asked her to put down her child. And right then, in that moment, the little girl broke into tears.

"It's not unusual for toddlers in any circumstance to have separation anxiety. But I think this particular situation with the separation of families leads and gives a new meaning to that phrase."

The crying girl is quickly becoming the human face of President Donald Trump's new "zero-tolerance" immigration policy, which has resulted in separations of undocumented parents and kids.

Nearly 2,000 immigrant children were separated from parents over a period of about six weeks in April and May, according to the Department of Homeland Security.

The Trump administration has said it will refer everyone caught crossing the border illegally for prosecution, even if they are claiming to deserve asylum or have small children.

Moore didn't know what happened to the little girl and whether she was separated from her mother.

"The process of separation of families happens away from (camera) lenses," he said. "I was able to see about as close as one can get to what it really looks like."

A spokesman for US Customs and Border Protection later told CNN that the girl and her mother were not separated. Further details were unavailable.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2018/06 ... cnnphotos/

-------------

Tell me what's inaccurate about that.
Typical sensationalism . “Welcome to America “ with a crying child looking at Trump. The child wasn’t separated from her mother and the actions taken were the same that would have been taken under Obama. The false impression is that trump caused the child to cry. That is disingenuous and misleading.
That child wasn't. 2300 others were. So nothing about the child, as reported on CNN and just posted by me, can be refuted?
typical moving the goal posts attempt by a liberal...noted.

you axed and you got an answer that you didn't like and moved the goal posts.

:rolling:

that's some fine entertainment.
The goal posts remain firmly in place.

I posted what CNN reported and no one has been able to show what was inaccurate about it. If you're feeling like putting down your hair splitter then maybe you'd like to try. I doubt you will though.
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

User avatar
nolaxride
Global Moderator
Posts: 15624
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Re: Toddler Used as Face of Family Separation was Never Separated From Her Mother

Post by nolaxride » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:11 am

aluannie@q.com wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:58 am
nolaxride wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:46 am
aluannie@q.com wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:56 am
nolaxride wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:10 am
Scooter wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:38 am
nolaxride wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:11 am
Scooter wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:37 pm
So #@%$ off you lying, treasonous piece of trash Liberals. :finger:

The two-year-old crying Honduran girl featured on the cover of the July 2 issue of Time magazine was never separated from her mother at the U.S.-Mexico border, the Washington Post reported early Friday.

The girl’s father, Denis Hernandez, explained that his daughter, Yanela Sanchez, and his wife are being held together in a family detention center in Texas.

They were not separated due to Trump’s zero-tolerance immigration policy, as the Time cover — which includes the caption “Welcome to Trump’s America,” and shows president Trump looming over the child menacingly — seemed to suggest.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/tod ... er-mother/
So the picture was fake? The mother was never stopped by the border patrol?
You are a punk beeeitch Liberal scumbag. Keep lying and claim to be an independent. :finger: :finger: :finger:
I'm asking a simple question and you're getting all wound up over the answer. I find how the right relates to the truth to be very subjective and relative.
I find that description of the "Right" to be narrow, unthinking and a destructive voice to any kind of discussion.
OK. Then would you please define the 'right'? In the past, the 'right' has always been black or white, right or wrong. No gray area. They railed against 'relative' or 'situational' ethics.

So please, define the 'right' so we can have a discussion rather than a flame war.
Your description of the Right is negative and you cannot prove it as it only exists in your warped thinking that is based on the idea of "if they don't agree with me, they are wrong and evil".
I understand that you think my description of the Right is negative. That's why I asked you for your definition. I'm curious as to why you don't want to provide a definition.
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

Post Reply