Bay View resort's ban on non-Christians faces legal challenge

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Re: Bay View resort's ban on non-Christians faces legal challenge

Post by evilconempire » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:51 pm

chucky wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:16 am
I am Z wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:45 am
aren't you going to make an attempt to defend the Christians?

I could be wrong but I thought it seemed like no big deal when I brought up a similar instance where NOBODY was allowed to buy a condo/property unless they were muslim.

it's indefensible in my view.
Somehow that was different to many on the left. Their bias is showing again.
Although this is a deflection from the topic here, how are they the same?
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:59 pm

Two pages of some minor condemnation. The prediction was that Xtians would be "skewered."
http://aibafs.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t= ... =River+Run :lo2l:

I"m not seeing the "skewering"
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

DallasDimeBags
Heir Apparent

Post by DallasDimeBags » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:23 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:09 pm
Francis X. Donnelly, The Detroit News

Bay View — This summer resort has fostered spiritual and intellectual growth for 143 years. Perched on Little Traverse Bay, the woodsy community offers seminars, sermons and the performing arts.

Amid the beauty and high ideals of Bay View, however, lies a dark secret. Jews and other non-Christians can’t buy a home in the community, which is just northeast of Petoskey. According to one of its bylaws, homeowners must be “of Christian persuasion.”

Some residents have filed a federal lawsuit to overturn the rule. A hearing is scheduled July 30 in U.S. District Court in Kalamazoo.

Don Duquette, one of the plaintiffs, said he can’t believe this issue is still being fought in the 21st century. The ban is illegal, un-American and un-Christian, he said.

A 2013 vote split the community, with 52 percent of the 702 voters wanting to allow non-Christians. But changes to the bylaws require a two-thirds vote of approval.

To own a home in Bay View, one must be a member of the Bay View Association, which owns the land, while residents own the cottages.

Crossland wants the community to remain the way it is, but others said change is coming, one way or another.

If the non-Christian ban remains, residents will move away and Bay View will change from a positive anachronism into a negative one, critics said.

“The only people who will buy cottages will be people who support discrimination," said Anne Pollin, who had long visited Bay View as a Methodist before converting to Judaism.
How much fun could a resort like that be anyway. Why would anyone who wasn't an xtian have a desire to go there?

JMO but ANY good resort is going to have plenty of alcohol and hedonistic activities available for those who wish to participate in them of their own free will.
0 x