Clergy, laity file complaint against Sessions

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
maxwell
Nobility

Re: Clergy, laity file complaint against Sessions

Post by maxwell » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:07 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:40 pm
maxwell wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:50 pm

By Sam Hodges
June 18, 2018 | UMNS

More than 600 United Methodist clergy and laity say they are bringing church law charges against U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions, a fellow United Methodist, over a zero tolerance U.S. immigration policy — a policy that includes separating children from parents apprehended for crossing into the U.S. illegally.

However, an authority on church history and polity said he’s unaware of a complaint against a lay person ever moving past the district level.

The group claimed in a June 18 statement that Sessions, a member of a Mobile, Alabama, church, violated Paragraph 2702.3 of the denomination’s Book of Discipline.

Specifically, the group accuses him of child abuse in reference to separating young children from their parents and holding them in mass incarceration facilities; immorality; racial discrimination and “dissemination of doctrines contrary to the established standards of doctrines” of The United Methodist Church.

All are categories listed in 2702.3 as chargeable offenses for a professing member of a local church.

“I really never would have thought I’d be working on charges against anybody in the Methodist connection, much less a lay person,” said the Rev. David Wright, a Pacific Northwest Conference elder and chaplain at the University of Puget Sound in Washington State, and organizer of the effort to charge Sessions.

But Wright said the Trump administration’s zero tolerance policy as enforced by Sessions, combined with Sessions’ use of Romans 13 to justify the policy, led him and others to conclude that more than a statement of protest was needed.

Sessions did not immediately respond to a request for comment left with his press office. In recent speeches, he has said the zero tolerance policy on illegial immigration is in the national interest and will protect children by discouraging immigrant parents from taking them on dangerous journeys to cross into the U.S.
[...]
http://www.umc.org/church-charges-broug ... tatic.html
Is this jackass still whining about illegals again???

Where were you when 0bama did it?

Hope an illegal breaks into your home. You wish it on me!!!!
You should smoke a joint. That will calm your ass down.
1 x
:rock: & then there's YOU, the reason God gave us the middle finger :demonfinger:

maxwell
Nobility

Post by maxwell » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:08 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
maxwell wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:34 pm
chucky wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:14 pm
maxwell wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:51 pm
This is the letter of complaint by the Christians with a conscience:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/Website_Propert ... ssions.pdf
I wish theses churches would keep their private business to themselves. We have secular government that should follow the rule of law.
The law says that having an official state sanctioned religion is unConstitutional. Too bad the AGOTUS violated the rule of law.
Says the bigot.
You are weird.
0 x
:rock: & then there's YOU, the reason God gave us the middle finger :demonfinger:

barrysoetoro
Get in my Belly!

Post by barrysoetoro » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:19 pm

maxwell wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:08 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
maxwell wrote:
chucky wrote:
maxwell wrote:

I wish theses churches would keep their private business to themselves. We have secular government that should follow the rule of law.
The law says that having an official state sanctioned religion is unConstitutional. Too bad the AGOTUS violated the rule of law.
Says the bigot.
You are weird.
You hate christians, bigot.
0 x
☪ "that includes patriots like John Kerry, Wesley Clark, and Jesse Ventura", nobrain

barrysoetoro
Get in my Belly!

Post by barrysoetoro » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:20 pm

maxwell wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:07 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
maxwell wrote:

By Sam Hodges
June 18, 2018 | UMNS

More than 600 United Methodist clergy and laity say they are bringing church law charges against U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions, a fellow United Methodist, over a zero tolerance U.S. immigration policy — a policy that includes separating children from parents apprehended for crossing into the U.S. illegally.

However, an authority on church history and polity said he’s unaware of a complaint against a lay person ever moving past the district level.

The group claimed in a June 18 statement that Sessions, a member of a Mobile, Alabama, church, violated Paragraph 2702.3 of the denomination’s Book of Discipline.

Specifically, the group accuses him of child abuse in reference to separating young children from their parents and holding them in mass incarceration facilities; immorality; racial discrimination and “dissemination of doctrines contrary to the established standards of doctrines” of The United Methodist Church.

All are categories listed in 2702.3 as chargeable offenses for a professing member of a local church.

“I really never would have thought I’d be working on charges against anybody in the Methodist connection, much less a lay person,” said the Rev. David Wright, a Pacific Northwest Conference elder and chaplain at the University of Puget Sound in Washington State, and organizer of the effort to charge Sessions.

But Wright said the Trump administration’s zero tolerance policy as enforced by Sessions, combined with Sessions’ use of Romans 13 to justify the policy, led him and others to conclude that more than a statement of protest was needed.

Sessions did not immediately respond to a request for comment left with his press office. In recent speeches, he has said the zero tolerance policy on illegial immigration is in the national interest and will protect children by discouraging immigrant parents from taking them on dangerous journeys to cross into the U.S.
[...]

You should get your home broken into by an illegal, then later tells us about your experience and how the border should be open.
0 x
☪ "that includes patriots like John Kerry, Wesley Clark, and Jesse Ventura", nobrain

maxwell
Nobility

Post by maxwell » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:32 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:19 pm
maxwell wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:08 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
maxwell wrote:
chucky wrote:
maxwell wrote:

Says the bigot.
You are weird.
You hate christians, bigot.
You don't even know the Bible, so stfu. :prech:
0 x

maxwell
Nobility

Post by maxwell » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:35 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:20 pm
maxwell wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:07 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
maxwell wrote:

By Sam Hodges
June 18, 2018 | UMNS

[...]

You should get your home broken into by an illegal, then later tells us about your experience and how the border should be open.
:coupe_affro:
0 x