maybe new NRA prez ollie north is right about school shootings and ritalin

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
I am Z
Global Moderator

maybe new NRA prez ollie north is right about school shootings and ritalin

Post by I am Z » Mon May 21, 2018 12:14 pm

http://antidepressantsfacts.com/2000-05 ... -Drugs.htm

Reference Links to SSRI's and Violence

United States House Committee on Education and Workforce Studies Ritalin! - Tuesday May 16, 2000

From CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/sto ... index.html

On May 17th, 2000 the United States House Sub-Committee on Early Childhood, Youth, and Families looked into reported problems with Ritalin. There are problems with over prescribing, giving samples without proper diagnosis, stealing, and selling Ritalin in the school yard! Ritalin is an SSRI (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor) in the same category as Prozac, Luvox, Zoloft, and Paxil. With just a little investigation there is a definite relation between School Violence and kids taking these drugs!

I would hope that the Sub-Committee on Early Childhood is investigating this problem through up dating old education laws, would see the under-lying problem of violence and SSRI's. Gun Control Activists quote that there are 30,000 gun deaths a year (1998). Sixty percent of those, or 18,000 were suicides!

Wow, Incredible! Now figure that thirty percent of those suicides involve taking at least one other life! That's 5400 more deaths related to the suicides! Most of those that get to the point of suicide have had some sort of therapy, and today most therapy includes prescribing mood altering drugs.

Several thousand of those gun deaths are police officer justified shootings and a few cases of a private citizen legally defending themselves. So around 23,000 gun deaths a year are suicide related and another 3000 gun deaths are criminals killed in the criminal act, and that leaves 4000 gun deaths. Of this 4000 gun deaths left, over half are criminal versus criminal in a double cross, a drug deal gone bad, or inter-gang violence. That leaves about 2000 or 6.5% that were un-intentional shootings!

23,000 or 75 percent of gun deaths each year are suicide related, and people want to point at the firearm, when depression and how we treat it is the actual cause of the majority of firearm violence in this country! Most patients diagnosed with depression are going to be prescribed these Anti-Depressants and it's not over-dosing thatis the problem, it's abruptly stopping the medication! When an un-monitored patient abrubtly stops the medication, the suicidal and phsycotic emotions arise. The bigggest feeling is that of a lack of conscience, or an "I don't care" attitude and they can do anything to anyone they want!

and this was from many years ago, too.

current:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nra-links-sc ... 38205.html

The National Rifle Association's incoming president has linked school shootings and other violence to using medications such as Ritalin.

Retired Lt. Col. Oliver North told "Fox News Sunday" that perpetrators of school violence "have been drugged in many cases" and "many of these young boys have been on Ritalin since they were in kindergarten." He also blamed a "culture where violence is commonplace," pointing to TV and movies.

nahhhh....let's just keep blaming guns and bumpstocks and such

:machine-gun:
1 x
Brennan losing his clearance is just the beginning.......watch the dominoes fall

:flycarpet:

stuporstitionist
Majesty

Re: maybe new NRA prez ollie north is right about school shootings and ritalin

Post by stuporstitionist » Mon May 21, 2018 12:26 pm

GOP, early 2018: Mental health is the problem!

GOP, mid 2018: Treating kids' mental health issues is the problem!
0 x
Remember: the Russians believed that the best way to damage America was help elect Donald Trump.

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Mon May 21, 2018 12:48 pm

stuporstitionist wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 12:26 pm

yeah, you're probably right. what on earth was I thinking?

and just now....this came to mind:

adam-lanza.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
Brennan losing his clearance is just the beginning.......watch the dominoes fall

:flycarpet:

stuporstitionist
Majesty

Post by stuporstitionist » Mon May 21, 2018 12:54 pm

I am Z wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 12:48 pm
stuporstitionist wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 12:26 pm

yeah, you're probably right. what on earth was I thinking?

and just now....this came to mind:

adam-lanza.jpg
You do realize Lanza's mother resisted medicating him. His mother accommodated him instead of addressing his underlying needs.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... ocate.html
1 x
Remember: the Russians believed that the best way to damage America was help elect Donald Trump.

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Mon May 21, 2018 1:09 pm

There ya go. Ban Ritalin and all our problems go away. We could even get rid of all gun-control laws.
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

stuporstitionist
Majesty

Post by stuporstitionist » Mon May 21, 2018 1:11 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 1:09 pm
There ya go. Ban Ritalin and all our problems go away. We could even get rid of all gun-control laws.
Don't forget about doors.
0 x

chucky
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla

Post by chucky » Mon May 21, 2018 1:11 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Funny how they were able to maintain order in schools when I was a young child without anyone taking it.
2 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Mon May 21, 2018 1:13 pm

chucky wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 1:11 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Funny how they were able to maintain order in schools when I was a young child without anyone taking it.
It would have been even more orderly if the kids that needed it could have gotten it. There is no denying the benefits of it for those that truly need it.
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

chucky
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla

Post by chucky » Mon May 21, 2018 1:18 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 1:13 pm
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
It would have been even more orderly if the kids that needed it could have gotten it. There is no denying the benefits of it for those that truly need it.
It has been grossly over prescribed. My grammar school couldn’t have been much more orderly .
1 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Mon May 21, 2018 1:20 pm

chucky wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 1:18 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 1:13 pm
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
It has been grossly over prescribed. My grammar school couldn’t have been much more orderly .
I do think that it has been over-prescribed. There's always room for improvement. Mine was very orderly, but there were a couple of kids that had obvious issues they couldn't control and would have benefited from it.
0 x