Tennessee lawmakers punish Memphis for removing statues

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
User avatar
evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 33776
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: Tennessee lawmakers punish Memphis for removing statues

Post by evilconempire » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:06 pm

Pete wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:51 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:37 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:25 pm
stuporstitionist wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:01 pm
Pete wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:57 pm
stuporstitionist wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:41 pm
Pete wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:32 pm
So Memphis wanted to selectively commemorate the last 200 years k got it
Memphis simply decided not to honor traitors.

There is no good reason to honor traitors.
Shred all the currency you have that depicts Washington
Why? He wasn't a traitor to the USA unlike the Confederates.
Benjamin Franklin was a slave owner. He also fathered some children with his black female slaves. You going to destroy your 100 bills?
That would be against the law not to mention no one other than creepy Pete is suggesting it.
I never suggested shredding $100 bills you liar
You suggested shredding money, asshole.
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

User avatar
Bigbaddoe
Global Moderator
Posts: 3229
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: Tennessee lawmakers punish Memphis for removing statues

Post by Bigbaddoe » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:31 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:06 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:48 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:37 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:25 pm
stuporstitionist wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:01 pm
Pete wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:57 pm
stuporstitionist wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:41 pm
Pete wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:32 pm
So Memphis wanted to selectively commemorate the last 200 years k got it
Memphis simply decided not to honor traitors.

There is no good reason to honor traitors.
Shred all the currency you have that depicts Washington
Why? He wasn't a traitor to the USA unlike the Confederates.
Benjamin Franklin was a slave owner. He also fathered some children with his black female slaves. You going to destroy your 100 bills?
That would be against the law not to mention no one other than creepy Pete is suggesting it.
I am just saying, people want statues taken down because someone was a slave owner. OK then how about this, refuse to have any $100 bills in your wallet then.
I think it's a little more than just being a slave owner. Removing statues that celebrate traitors to this country isn't the same thing as destroying legal tender.
The point is he was a slave owner and so was Washington for that matter. OK, don't destroy it. But refuse to carry any currency in your wallet. If you want things to do with slavery removed then so should some currency.
1 x

User avatar
evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 33776
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: Tennessee lawmakers punish Memphis for removing statues

Post by evilconempire » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:11 pm

Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:31 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:06 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:48 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:37 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:25 pm
stuporstitionist wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:01 pm
Pete wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:57 pm
stuporstitionist wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:41 pm
Pete wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:32 pm
So Memphis wanted to selectively commemorate the last 200 years k got it
Memphis simply decided not to honor traitors.

There is no good reason to honor traitors.
Shred all the currency you have that depicts Washington
Why? He wasn't a traitor to the USA unlike the Confederates.
Benjamin Franklin was a slave owner. He also fathered some children with his black female slaves. You going to destroy your 100 bills?
That would be against the law not to mention no one other than creepy Pete is suggesting it.
I am just saying, people want statues taken down because someone was a slave owner. OK then how about this, refuse to have any $100 bills in your wallet then.
I think it's a little more than just being a slave owner. Removing statues that celebrate traitors to this country isn't the same thing as destroying legal tender.
The point is he was a slave owner and so was Washington for that matter. OK, don't destroy it. But refuse to carry any currency in your wallet. If you want things to do with slavery removed then so should some currency.
The point was never just about owning slaves. It was about taking up arms against this country
1 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

User avatar
DallasDimeBags
Majesty
Posts: 4105
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:25 am

Re: Tennessee lawmakers punish Memphis for removing statues

Post by DallasDimeBags » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:15 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:27 pm
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The Republican-dominated House in Tennessee voted Tuesday to punish the city of Memphis for removing Confederate monuments by taking $250,000 away from the city that would have been used for a bicentennial celebration next year.

The retaliation came in the form of passage of a last-minute amendment attached to the House appropriations bill that triggered heated debate on the House floor and stinging rebukes from lawmakers from Memphis.

Rep. Antonio Parkinson began to call the amendment vile and racist before being cut off by boos from fellow lawmakers.

“You can boo all you want but let’s call it for what it is,” the Memphis representative said.

Last year the city of Memphis, which is majority black, was able to find a legal loophole to get rid of two Confederate statues and a bust by selling city parks to a nonprofit, which swiftly removed the monuments. Taken away under cover of darkness were statues of Confederate President Jefferson Davis and Nathan Bedford Forrest. Forrest was a general in the confederacy, a slave owner and a leader in the Ku Klux Klan. A bust of a Confederate soldier was also removed.
Pols historically have been able to find loopholes to get around laws. I see that the pols in Memphis are no exception.
0 x

User avatar
Bigbaddoe
Global Moderator
Posts: 3229
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: Tennessee lawmakers punish Memphis for removing statues

Post by Bigbaddoe » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:52 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:11 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:31 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:06 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:48 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:37 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:25 pm
stuporstitionist wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:01 pm
Pete wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:57 pm
stuporstitionist wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:41 pm
Pete wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:32 pm
So Memphis wanted to selectively commemorate the last 200 years k got it
Memphis simply decided not to honor traitors.

There is no good reason to honor traitors.
Shred all the currency you have that depicts Washington
Why? He wasn't a traitor to the USA unlike the Confederates.
Benjamin Franklin was a slave owner. He also fathered some children with his black female slaves. You going to destroy your 100 bills?
That would be against the law not to mention no one other than creepy Pete is suggesting it.
I am just saying, people want statues taken down because someone was a slave owner. OK then how about this, refuse to have any $100 bills in your wallet then.
I think it's a little more than just being a slave owner. Removing statues that celebrate traitors to this country isn't the same thing as destroying legal tender.
The point is he was a slave owner and so was Washington for that matter. OK, don't destroy it. But refuse to carry any currency in your wallet. If you want things to do with slavery removed then so should some currency.
The point was never just about owning slaves. It was about taking up arms against this country
That is not why the statues are being taken down. BLM and groups like that want them down because of slavery. Not because they took up arms against their own country.
0 x

User avatar
evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 33776
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: Tennessee lawmakers punish Memphis for removing statues

Post by evilconempire » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

DallasDimeBags wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:15 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:27 pm
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The Republican-dominated House in Tennessee voted Tuesday to punish the city of Memphis for removing Confederate monuments by taking $250,000 away from the city that would have been used for a bicentennial celebration next year.

The retaliation came in the form of passage of a last-minute amendment attached to the House appropriations bill that triggered heated debate on the House floor and stinging rebukes from lawmakers from Memphis.

Rep. Antonio Parkinson began to call the amendment vile and racist before being cut off by boos from fellow lawmakers.

“You can boo all you want but let’s call it for what it is,” the Memphis representative said.

Last year the city of Memphis, which is majority black, was able to find a legal loophole to get rid of two Confederate statues and a bust by selling city parks to a nonprofit, which swiftly removed the monuments. Taken away under cover of darkness were statues of Confederate President Jefferson Davis and Nathan Bedford Forrest. Forrest was a general in the confederacy, a slave owner and a leader in the Ku Klux Klan. A bust of a Confederate soldier was also removed.
Pols historically have been able to find loopholes to get around laws. I see that the pols in Memphis are no exception.
Yes, they legally removed the statues. So what?
1 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

User avatar
evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 33776
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: Tennessee lawmakers punish Memphis for removing statues

Post by evilconempire » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:25 pm

Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:52 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:11 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:31 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:06 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:48 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:37 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:25 pm
stuporstitionist wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:01 pm
Pete wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:57 pm
stuporstitionist wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:41 pm


Memphis simply decided not to honor traitors.

There is no good reason to honor traitors.
Shred all the currency you have that depicts Washington
Why? He wasn't a traitor to the USA unlike the Confederates.
Benjamin Franklin was a slave owner. He also fathered some children with his black female slaves. You going to destroy your 100 bills?
That would be against the law not to mention no one other than creepy Pete is suggesting it.
I am just saying, people want statues taken down because someone was a slave owner. OK then how about this, refuse to have any $100 bills in your wallet then.
I think it's a little more than just being a slave owner. Removing statues that celebrate traitors to this country isn't the same thing as destroying legal tender.
The point is he was a slave owner and so was Washington for that matter. OK, don't destroy it. But refuse to carry any currency in your wallet. If you want things to do with slavery removed then so should some currency.
The point was never just about owning slaves. It was about taking up arms against this country
That is not why the statues are being taken down. BLM and groups like that want them down because of slavery. Not because they took up arms against their own country.
There are many reasons why people don't want them. One of which is that they took up arms against their country to protect slavery. I don't see anyone saying that anyone that owned slaves can't have a statue or be on money. It goes way beyond that.
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

User avatar
Pete
Site Admin
Posts: 7002
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:15 am
Location: Atlanta GA USA

Re: Tennessee lawmakers punish Memphis for removing statues

Post by Pete » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:06 pm

"....There are many reasons why people don't want them...."

Let's see the list :sablier:
0 x
"I like my coffee like I like my women: hot, black, and with a piece of prune Danish" Gilbert Gottfried

User avatar
evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 33776
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: Tennessee lawmakers punish Memphis for removing statues

Post by evilconempire » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:05 am

Image
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

User avatar
Bigbaddoe
Global Moderator
Posts: 3229
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: Tennessee lawmakers punish Memphis for removing statues

Post by Bigbaddoe » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:13 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:05 am
Image
You claim there are many reasons.
0 x

Post Reply