muslim california professor calls Barbara Bush a racist

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
User avatar
evilconempire
Get in my Belly!
Posts: 25917
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: muslim california professor calls Barbara Bush a racist

Post by evilconempire » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:38 pm

clusterchuck wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:33 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:15 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:01 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:00 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:55 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:45 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:40 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:18 pm
I am Z wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:11 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:55 am


I agree, but that in no indicates she's a "pi$$ poor excuse for an 'educator.'" It just shows she's a jerk. I would say that anyone in any position should have that good sense and decorum.
I agree with cluster that she's a pisssspoor educator. you seem to think that it could only be the case, if she brought her hatefulness to the classroom. in mine and perhaps many other people's minds....if students can be held to a standard even when they're not in school and misbehave, then teachers at all levels should be held to that standard, too.

she's a palestinian muslim. she should be thankful that she lives in America and enjoys the freedoms that mrs bush's husband helped provide for as CIC, as have other POTUS'. instead she spews hate.

she brings up the fact that she's a muslim. liberals have made it clear to me, that muslims are a protected class for some reason.
There are a number of ways that she could be bad at her job. I personally would need to see something relating to her job performance to determine that she's not good at it. Others, well they can come to that conclusion without any evidence because of their own personal biases.

I haven't seen anything to indicate that she isn't thankful about living here. In fact, judging by her exercising her 1st Amendment right I'd say she most likely is thankful.

Yeah, and you keep bringing up her religion. She set you up nicely for that one.
I suppose it reasonable to require OTJ incidents to prove - in a court of law - whether this woman carried her bias into the classroom.

On the other hand, it is also reasonable to conclude a person tossing a social grenade into public discourse is highly likely to wear their bias into the classroom environment, where students are far less likely to challenge the bias displayed by a "teacher".

After so many examples of that likelihood, this particular example, outside a court of law, IMO falls squarely into the DUH category.
So if someone posts something demonstrating their biases on social media then one can reasonably conclude they take that bias to their job and that they aren't any good at their job. Got it. I disagree, but you've made your point clear.
With the caveat we are talking about the education profession where the effects of personal bias may have additional impact.
We previously have discussed that everyone has a bias. Do you propose that they hide theirs inside and outside of the classroom? I would suggest that classroom performance be evaluated to prevent bias from sabotaging education.
In short, yes. Educators *should be* bias free. Yes, I understand what that means.

I propose educators bear an awesome responsibility greater than your generic re positioning of the points being made. One of those responsibilities is self restraint in the public arena. This extreme example of lack thereof suggests this woman intended to be inflammatory, to cause controversy, to bring the spotlight on herself, her ethnicity, her income and her protected status as a tenured professor.

Perhaps she lacks a circle of colleagues, friends and family where its OK to discuss personal opinions - like disrespecting a public figure who passed only 24 hours before and flaunting her personal situation. Only she knows the reason for doing so.
You understand that there would be no educators if that were the basic requirement?

"I propose educators bear an awesome responsibility greater than your generic re positioning of the points being made."

What does that mean? I haven't "re positioned" anything and I put education at the top of the list of responsibilities we have as a society. That's why I wouldn't fire good teachers just because they were a jerk outside of the classroom.
What it means is: "if someone posts something demonstrating their biases on social media then one can reasonably conclude they take that bias to their job and that they aren't any good at their job. Got it. " is not what has been said.
As I understand your position that is a correct summary of it. What about it did I get wrong?
0 x
"AS MUCH AS I HATE PROVEN PEDOPHILES, I would rather have one of them than a democrat!!!" - Illeatyourdates

User avatar
Scooter
Courtier
Posts: 847
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:56 pm

Re: muslim california professor calls Barbara Bush a racist

Post by Scooter » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:52 pm

So, using Libtarded logic, this hater POS Libtårdo represents all Liberals. Just like a few gun nuts represent the Republican base, right? Hello???
1 x
Image

User avatar
I am Z
Global Moderator
Posts: 10742
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:13 am

Re: muslim california professor calls Barbara Bush a racist

Post by I am Z » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:55 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:17 pm
I am Z wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:09 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:01 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:00 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:55 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:45 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:40 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:18 pm
I am Z wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:11 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:55 am


I agree, but that in no indicates she's a "pi$$ poor excuse for an 'educator.'" It just shows she's a jerk. I would say that anyone in any position should have that good sense and decorum.
I agree with cluster that she's a pisssspoor educator. you seem to think that it could only be the case, if she brought her hatefulness to the classroom. in mine and perhaps many other people's minds....if students can be held to a standard even when they're not in school and misbehave, then teachers at all levels should be held to that standard, too.

she's a palestinian muslim. she should be thankful that she lives in America and enjoys the freedoms that mrs bush's husband helped provide for as CIC, as have other POTUS'. instead she spews hate.

she brings up the fact that she's a muslim. liberals have made it clear to me, that muslims are a protected class for some reason.
There are a number of ways that she could be bad at her job. I personally would need to see something relating to her job performance to determine that she's not good at it. Others, well they can come to that conclusion without any evidence because of their own personal biases.

I haven't seen anything to indicate that she isn't thankful about living here. In fact, judging by her exercising her 1st Amendment right I'd say she most likely is thankful.

Yeah, and you keep bringing up her religion. She set you up nicely for that one.
I suppose it reasonable to require OTJ incidents to prove - in a court of law - whether this woman carried her bias into the classroom.

On the other hand, it is also reasonable to conclude a person tossing a social grenade into public discourse is highly likely to wear their bias into the classroom environment, where students are far less likely to challenge the bias displayed by a "teacher".

After so many examples of that likelihood, this particular example, outside a court of law, IMO falls squarely into the DUH category.
So if someone posts something demonstrating their biases on social media then one can reasonably conclude they take that bias to their job and that they aren't any good at their job. Got it. I disagree, but you've made your point clear.
With the caveat we are talking about the education profession where the effects of personal bias may have additional impact.
We previously have discussed that everyone has a bias. Do you propose that they hide theirs inside and outside of the classroom? I would suggest that classroom performance be evaluated to prevent bias from sabotaging education.
In short, yes. Educators *should be* bias free. Yes, I understand what that means.

I propose educators bear an awesome responsibility greater than your generic re positioning of the points being made. One of those responsibilities is self restraint in the public arena. This extreme example of lack thereof suggests this woman intended to be inflammatory, to cause controversy, to bring the spotlight on herself, her ethnicity, her income and her protected status as a tenured professor.

Perhaps she lacks a circle of colleagues, friends and family where its OK to discuss personal opinions - like disrespecting a public figure who passed only 24 hours before and flaunting her personal situation. Only she knows the reason for doing so.
he's just going to continue to disagree with you, chucky and whatever I say, regardless of the truth of her hatred of a former first lady who just happens to be a Christian and happens to be white----translation, not a member of a protected class.
Congrats for almost being on-topic. :lo2l:

We're just talking here. We even agreed on her lack of good sense and decorum in this attack on Barbara Bush. Is that part of the disagreeing you mentioned?
you're addressing the topic in more of an abstract way. perhaps we can agree on the following, but based on your track record, I doubt that you'll go along completely:

she hated Barbara Bush
she called Barbara a racist
she said Barbara Bush raised a war criminal
she is a muslim
she believes that she is immune to being fired for her hate speech

I believe those to be the relevant facts of the article. talking about decorum is a way of sidestepping the core issues.
0 x
whitey privilege bees bofe a blessin' an a cuss. mm hmm

User avatar
evilconempire
Get in my Belly!
Posts: 25917
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: muslim california professor calls Barbara Bush a racist

Post by evilconempire » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:00 pm

I am Z wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:55 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:17 pm
I am Z wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:09 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:01 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:00 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:55 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:45 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:40 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:18 pm
I am Z wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:11 pm


I agree with cluster that she's a pisssspoor educator. you seem to think that it could only be the case, if she brought her hatefulness to the classroom. in mine and perhaps many other people's minds....if students can be held to a standard even when they're not in school and misbehave, then teachers at all levels should be held to that standard, too.

she's a palestinian muslim. she should be thankful that she lives in America and enjoys the freedoms that mrs bush's husband helped provide for as CIC, as have other POTUS'. instead she spews hate.

she brings up the fact that she's a muslim. liberals have made it clear to me, that muslims are a protected class for some reason.
There are a number of ways that she could be bad at her job. I personally would need to see something relating to her job performance to determine that she's not good at it. Others, well they can come to that conclusion without any evidence because of their own personal biases.

I haven't seen anything to indicate that she isn't thankful about living here. In fact, judging by her exercising her 1st Amendment right I'd say she most likely is thankful.

Yeah, and you keep bringing up her religion. She set you up nicely for that one.
I suppose it reasonable to require OTJ incidents to prove - in a court of law - whether this woman carried her bias into the classroom.

On the other hand, it is also reasonable to conclude a person tossing a social grenade into public discourse is highly likely to wear their bias into the classroom environment, where students are far less likely to challenge the bias displayed by a "teacher".

After so many examples of that likelihood, this particular example, outside a court of law, IMO falls squarely into the DUH category.
So if someone posts something demonstrating their biases on social media then one can reasonably conclude they take that bias to their job and that they aren't any good at their job. Got it. I disagree, but you've made your point clear.
With the caveat we are talking about the education profession where the effects of personal bias may have additional impact.
We previously have discussed that everyone has a bias. Do you propose that they hide theirs inside and outside of the classroom? I would suggest that classroom performance be evaluated to prevent bias from sabotaging education.
In short, yes. Educators *should be* bias free. Yes, I understand what that means.

I propose educators bear an awesome responsibility greater than your generic re positioning of the points being made. One of those responsibilities is self restraint in the public arena. This extreme example of lack thereof suggests this woman intended to be inflammatory, to cause controversy, to bring the spotlight on herself, her ethnicity, her income and her protected status as a tenured professor.

Perhaps she lacks a circle of colleagues, friends and family where its OK to discuss personal opinions - like disrespecting a public figure who passed only 24 hours before and flaunting her personal situation. Only she knows the reason for doing so.
he's just going to continue to disagree with you, chucky and whatever I say, regardless of the truth of her hatred of a former first lady who just happens to be a Christian and happens to be white----translation, not a member of a protected class.
Congrats for almost being on-topic. :lo2l:

We're just talking here. We even agreed on her lack of good sense and decorum in this attack on Barbara Bush. Is that part of the disagreeing you mentioned?
you're addressing the topic in more of an abstract way. perhaps we can agree on the following, but based on your track record, I doubt that you'll go along completely:

she hated Barbara Bush
she called Barbara a racist
she said Barbara Bush raised a war criminal
she is a muslim
she believes that she is immune to being fired for her hate speech

I believe those to be the relevant facts of the article. talking about decorum is a way of sidestepping the core issues.
Agreed
Agreed
Agreed
Agreed
Agreed, but I don't know that she considers it "hate speech." Do you consider it "hate speech"?

I believe that conversation starts there, but expands far beyond just this one woman's rant on social media. I'm not the one that brought up decorum. I'm just the one that agreed that she should have shown some. So you'll have to take it up with the guy that brought it up.

So see how we can agree on some things and disagree on other things related to the topic? I hope you learned something here. you're welcome. :lo2l:
0 x
"AS MUCH AS I HATE PROVEN PEDOPHILES, I would rather have one of them than a democrat!!!" - Illeatyourdates

User avatar
I am Z
Global Moderator
Posts: 10742
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:13 am

Re: muslim california professor calls Barbara Bush a racist

Post by I am Z » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:10 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:00 pm
I am Z wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:55 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:17 pm
I am Z wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:09 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:01 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:00 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:55 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:45 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:40 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:18 pm


There are a number of ways that she could be bad at her job. I personally would need to see something relating to her job performance to determine that she's not good at it. Others, well they can come to that conclusion without any evidence because of their own personal biases.

I haven't seen anything to indicate that she isn't thankful about living here. In fact, judging by her exercising her 1st Amendment right I'd say she most likely is thankful.

Yeah, and you keep bringing up her religion. She set you up nicely for that one.
I suppose it reasonable to require OTJ incidents to prove - in a court of law - whether this woman carried her bias into the classroom.

On the other hand, it is also reasonable to conclude a person tossing a social grenade into public discourse is highly likely to wear their bias into the classroom environment, where students are far less likely to challenge the bias displayed by a "teacher".

After so many examples of that likelihood, this particular example, outside a court of law, IMO falls squarely into the DUH category.
So if someone posts something demonstrating their biases on social media then one can reasonably conclude they take that bias to their job and that they aren't any good at their job. Got it. I disagree, but you've made your point clear.
With the caveat we are talking about the education profession where the effects of personal bias may have additional impact.
We previously have discussed that everyone has a bias. Do you propose that they hide theirs inside and outside of the classroom? I would suggest that classroom performance be evaluated to prevent bias from sabotaging education.
In short, yes. Educators *should be* bias free. Yes, I understand what that means.

I propose educators bear an awesome responsibility greater than your generic re positioning of the points being made. One of those responsibilities is self restraint in the public arena. This extreme example of lack thereof suggests this woman intended to be inflammatory, to cause controversy, to bring the spotlight on herself, her ethnicity, her income and her protected status as a tenured professor.

Perhaps she lacks a circle of colleagues, friends and family where its OK to discuss personal opinions - like disrespecting a public figure who passed only 24 hours before and flaunting her personal situation. Only she knows the reason for doing so.
he's just going to continue to disagree with you, chucky and whatever I say, regardless of the truth of her hatred of a former first lady who just happens to be a Christian and happens to be white----translation, not a member of a protected class.
Congrats for almost being on-topic. :lo2l:

We're just talking here. We even agreed on her lack of good sense and decorum in this attack on Barbara Bush. Is that part of the disagreeing you mentioned?
you're addressing the topic in more of an abstract way. perhaps we can agree on the following, but based on your track record, I doubt that you'll go along completely:

she hated Barbara Bush
she called Barbara a racist
she said Barbara Bush raised a war criminal
she is a muslim
she believes that she is immune to being fired for her hate speech

I believe those to be the relevant facts of the article. talking about decorum is a way of sidestepping the core issues.
Agreed
Agreed
Agreed
Agreed
Agreed, but I don't know that she considers it "hate speech." Do you consider it "hate speech"?

I believe that conversation starts there, but expands far beyond just this one woman's rant on social media. I'm not the one that brought up decorum. I'm just the one that agreed that she should have shown some. So you'll have to take it up with the guy that brought it up.

So see how we can agree on some things and disagree on other things related to the topic? I hope you learned something here. you're welcome. :lo2l:

I never said that she thought what she said was hate speech.....it's my opinion of her rant.

yeah, I set the stage nicely, for you.
0 x
whitey privilege bees bofe a blessin' an a cuss. mm hmm

User avatar
evilconempire
Get in my Belly!
Posts: 25917
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: muslim california professor calls Barbara Bush a racist

Post by evilconempire » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:12 pm

I am Z wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:10 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:00 pm
I am Z wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:55 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:17 pm
I am Z wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:09 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:01 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:00 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:55 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:45 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:40 pm

I suppose it reasonable to require OTJ incidents to prove - in a court of law - whether this woman carried her bias into the classroom.

On the other hand, it is also reasonable to conclude a person tossing a social grenade into public discourse is highly likely to wear their bias into the classroom environment, where students are far less likely to challenge the bias displayed by a "teacher".

After so many examples of that likelihood, this particular example, outside a court of law, IMO falls squarely into the DUH category.
So if someone posts something demonstrating their biases on social media then one can reasonably conclude they take that bias to their job and that they aren't any good at their job. Got it. I disagree, but you've made your point clear.
With the caveat we are talking about the education profession where the effects of personal bias may have additional impact.
We previously have discussed that everyone has a bias. Do you propose that they hide theirs inside and outside of the classroom? I would suggest that classroom performance be evaluated to prevent bias from sabotaging education.
In short, yes. Educators *should be* bias free. Yes, I understand what that means.

I propose educators bear an awesome responsibility greater than your generic re positioning of the points being made. One of those responsibilities is self restraint in the public arena. This extreme example of lack thereof suggests this woman intended to be inflammatory, to cause controversy, to bring the spotlight on herself, her ethnicity, her income and her protected status as a tenured professor.

Perhaps she lacks a circle of colleagues, friends and family where its OK to discuss personal opinions - like disrespecting a public figure who passed only 24 hours before and flaunting her personal situation. Only she knows the reason for doing so.
he's just going to continue to disagree with you, chucky and whatever I say, regardless of the truth of her hatred of a former first lady who just happens to be a Christian and happens to be white----translation, not a member of a protected class.
Congrats for almost being on-topic. :lo2l:

We're just talking here. We even agreed on her lack of good sense and decorum in this attack on Barbara Bush. Is that part of the disagreeing you mentioned?
you're addressing the topic in more of an abstract way. perhaps we can agree on the following, but based on your track record, I doubt that you'll go along completely:

she hated Barbara Bush
she called Barbara a racist
she said Barbara Bush raised a war criminal
she is a muslim
she believes that she is immune to being fired for her hate speech

I believe those to be the relevant facts of the article. talking about decorum is a way of sidestepping the core issues.
Agreed
Agreed
Agreed
Agreed
Agreed, but I don't know that she considers it "hate speech." Do you consider it "hate speech"?

I believe that conversation starts there, but expands far beyond just this one woman's rant on social media. I'm not the one that brought up decorum. I'm just the one that agreed that she should have shown some. So you'll have to take it up with the guy that brought it up.

So see how we can agree on some things and disagree on other things related to the topic? I hope you learned something here. you're welcome. :lo2l:

I never said that she thought what she said was hate speech.....it's my opinion of her rant.

yeah, I set the stage nicely, for you.
"she believes that she is immune to being fired for her hate speech" I thought you wrote that.
0 x
"AS MUCH AS I HATE PROVEN PEDOPHILES, I would rather have one of them than a democrat!!!" - Illeatyourdates

User avatar
barrysoetoro
Get in my Belly!
Posts: 23541
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Re: muslim california professor calls Barbara Bush a racist

Post by barrysoetoro » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:17 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:00 pm
I am Z wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:55 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:17 pm
I am Z wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:09 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:01 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:00 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:55 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:45 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:40 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:18 pm


There are a number of ways that she could be bad at her job. I personally would need to see something relating to her job performance to determine that she's not good at it. Others, well they can come to that conclusion without any evidence because of their own personal biases.

I haven't seen anything to indicate that she isn't thankful about living here. In fact, judging by her exercising her 1st Amendment right I'd say she most likely is thankful.

Yeah, and you keep bringing up her religion. She set you up nicely for that one.
I suppose it reasonable to require OTJ incidents to prove - in a court of law - whether this woman carried her bias into the classroom.

On the other hand, it is also reasonable to conclude a person tossing a social grenade into public discourse is highly likely to wear their bias into the classroom environment, where students are far less likely to challenge the bias displayed by a "teacher".

After so many examples of that likelihood, this particular example, outside a court of law, IMO falls squarely into the DUH category.
So if someone posts something demonstrating their biases on social media then one can reasonably conclude they take that bias to their job and that they aren't any good at their job. Got it. I disagree, but you've made your point clear.
With the caveat we are talking about the education profession where the effects of personal bias may have additional impact.
We previously have discussed that everyone has a bias. Do you propose that they hide theirs inside and outside of the classroom? I would suggest that classroom performance be evaluated to prevent bias from sabotaging education.
In short, yes. Educators *should be* bias free. Yes, I understand what that means.

I propose educators bear an awesome responsibility greater than your generic re positioning of the points being made. One of those responsibilities is self restraint in the public arena. This extreme example of lack thereof suggests this woman intended to be inflammatory, to cause controversy, to bring the spotlight on herself, her ethnicity, her income and her protected status as a tenured professor.

Perhaps she lacks a circle of colleagues, friends and family where its OK to discuss personal opinions - like disrespecting a public figure who passed only 24 hours before and flaunting her personal situation. Only she knows the reason for doing so.
he's just going to continue to disagree with you, chucky and whatever I say, regardless of the truth of her hatred of a former first lady who just happens to be a Christian and happens to be white----translation, not a member of a protected class.
Congrats for almost being on-topic. :lo2l:

We're just talking here. We even agreed on her lack of good sense and decorum in this attack on Barbara Bush. Is that part of the disagreeing you mentioned?
you're addressing the topic in more of an abstract way. perhaps we can agree on the following, but based on your track record, I doubt that you'll go along completely:

she hated Barbara Bush
she called Barbara a racist
she said Barbara Bush raised a war criminal
she is a muslim
she believes that she is immune to being fired for her hate speech

I believe those to be the relevant facts of the article. talking about decorum is a way of sidestepping the core issues.
Agreed
Agreed
Agreed
Agreed
Agreed, but I don't know that she considers it "hate speech." Do you consider it "hate speech"?

I believe that conversation starts there, but expands far beyond just this one woman's rant on social media. I'm not the one that brought up decorum. I'm just the one that agreed that she should have shown some. So you'll have to take it up with the guy that brought it up.

So see how we can agree on some things and disagree on other things related to the topic? I hope you learned something here. you're welcome. :lo2l:
You're a f#cking idiot. LWNJ pos.

Your hero 0bama was a war criminal, so was Bill Clintoon.
0 x
☪ "The Battle Cry of The Moronic......America---Love it or Leave it", brokebackboy, "he is right", evilcommie

User avatar
I am Z
Global Moderator
Posts: 10742
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:13 am

Re: muslim california professor calls Barbara Bush a racist

Post by I am Z » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:27 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:45 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:40 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:18 pm
I am Z wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:11 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:55 am
clusterchuck wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:51 am
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:38 am
clusterchuck wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:27 am
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:58 am
clusterchuck wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:51 pm

This entitled, protected pi$$ poor excuse for an "educator" should never been placed in her position of "higher education". That said, she is yet another - among hundreds of examples - of ideologues systematically installed in the education community, charged with shaping the minds of future leaders of America. And it is no accident she spews about her protected status. It's part of the higher learning culture.

Can I get an eye roll meme?
The school's dean has said that her job is not protected by tenure. we'll see what happens. as with any segment of society, there are going to be some loonies. I don't know anything about this particular one, but, for all we know, she may have actually been good at her job.
Yes, I also heard the Dean said in response to this womans outrageous behavior. But that doesn't change the history of how similar tenured employee issues have been handled - which is a significant contributor to her hubris - and thats only one component of the wink-wink-nod-nod culture of untouchable-ness people in her position live under. Whether she is dismissed for expressing her "1st Amendment rights" remains to be seen. No doubt there is much discussion about how the state can best position its response to this event. Because, you know, "doing the right thing" is paramount in the court of public opinion. PFFFFT

However good she may have been as a professor of higher learning, her own words reveal who she is.
That's a rather broad brush you've got there.
You said she is a "pi$$ poor excuse for an 'educator.'" I haven't seen anything yet that supports that. There are jerks working in every industry or profession. Until they bring it to their job and it affects their job performance it's irrelevant.
Yes, I did say that. It's my opinion a person in her position should have the good sense and decorum to withhold her opinions at a time of mourning. On the other hand, she is receiving exactly what she sought.
I agree, but that in no indicates she's a "pi$$ poor excuse for an 'educator.'" It just shows she's a jerk. I would say that anyone in any position should have that good sense and decorum.
I agree with cluster that she's a pisssspoor educator. you seem to think that it could only be the case, if she brought her hatefulness to the classroom. in mine and perhaps many other people's minds....if students can be held to a standard even when they're not in school and misbehave, then teachers at all levels should be held to that standard, too.

she's a palestinian muslim. she should be thankful that she lives in America and enjoys the freedoms that mrs bush's husband helped provide for as CIC, as have other POTUS'. instead she spews hate.

she brings up the fact that she's a muslim. liberals have made it clear to me, that muslims are a protected class for some reason.
There are a number of ways that she could be bad at her job. I personally would need to see something relating to her job performance to determine that she's not good at it. Others, well they can come to that conclusion without any evidence because of their own personal biases.

I haven't seen anything to indicate that she isn't thankful about living here. In fact, judging by her exercising her 1st Amendment right I'd say she most likely is thankful.

Yeah, and you keep bringing up her religion. She set you up nicely for that one.
I suppose it reasonable to require OTJ incidents to prove - in a court of law - whether this woman carried her bias into the classroom.

On the other hand, it is also reasonable to conclude a person tossing a social grenade into public discourse is highly likely to wear their bias into the classroom environment, where students are far less likely to challenge the bias displayed by a "teacher".

After so many examples of that likelihood, this particular example, outside a court of law, IMO falls squarely into the DUH category.
So if someone posts something demonstrating their biases on social media then one can reasonably conclude they take that bias to their job and that they aren't any good at their job. Got it. I disagree, but you've made your point clear.
did you disagree with the whole, affirmative action mantra?

in many ways, that was clearly set up because they obviously, thought that employers were taking their biases to work with them even if "social media" didn't exist way back in the day.
0 x
whitey privilege bees bofe a blessin' an a cuss. mm hmm

User avatar
evilconempire
Get in my Belly!
Posts: 25917
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: muslim california professor calls Barbara Bush a racist

Post by evilconempire » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:01 pm

I am Z wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:27 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:45 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:40 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:18 pm
I am Z wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:11 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:55 am
clusterchuck wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:51 am
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:38 am
clusterchuck wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:27 am
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:58 am


The school's dean has said that her job is not protected by tenure. we'll see what happens. as with any segment of society, there are going to be some loonies. I don't know anything about this particular one, but, for all we know, she may have actually been good at her job.
Yes, I also heard the Dean said in response to this womans outrageous behavior. But that doesn't change the history of how similar tenured employee issues have been handled - which is a significant contributor to her hubris - and thats only one component of the wink-wink-nod-nod culture of untouchable-ness people in her position live under. Whether she is dismissed for expressing her "1st Amendment rights" remains to be seen. No doubt there is much discussion about how the state can best position its response to this event. Because, you know, "doing the right thing" is paramount in the court of public opinion. PFFFFT

However good she may have been as a professor of higher learning, her own words reveal who she is.
That's a rather broad brush you've got there.
You said she is a "pi$$ poor excuse for an 'educator.'" I haven't seen anything yet that supports that. There are jerks working in every industry or profession. Until they bring it to their job and it affects their job performance it's irrelevant.
Yes, I did say that. It's my opinion a person in her position should have the good sense and decorum to withhold her opinions at a time of mourning. On the other hand, she is receiving exactly what she sought.
I agree, but that in no indicates she's a "pi$$ poor excuse for an 'educator.'" It just shows she's a jerk. I would say that anyone in any position should have that good sense and decorum.
I agree with cluster that she's a pisssspoor educator. you seem to think that it could only be the case, if she brought her hatefulness to the classroom. in mine and perhaps many other people's minds....if students can be held to a standard even when they're not in school and misbehave, then teachers at all levels should be held to that standard, too.

she's a palestinian muslim. she should be thankful that she lives in America and enjoys the freedoms that mrs bush's husband helped provide for as CIC, as have other POTUS'. instead she spews hate.

she brings up the fact that she's a muslim. liberals have made it clear to me, that muslims are a protected class for some reason.
There are a number of ways that she could be bad at her job. I personally would need to see something relating to her job performance to determine that she's not good at it. Others, well they can come to that conclusion without any evidence because of their own personal biases.

I haven't seen anything to indicate that she isn't thankful about living here. In fact, judging by her exercising her 1st Amendment right I'd say she most likely is thankful.

Yeah, and you keep bringing up her religion. She set you up nicely for that one.
I suppose it reasonable to require OTJ incidents to prove - in a court of law - whether this woman carried her bias into the classroom.

On the other hand, it is also reasonable to conclude a person tossing a social grenade into public discourse is highly likely to wear their bias into the classroom environment, where students are far less likely to challenge the bias displayed by a "teacher".

After so many examples of that likelihood, this particular example, outside a court of law, IMO falls squarely into the DUH category.
So if someone posts something demonstrating their biases on social media then one can reasonably conclude they take that bias to their job and that they aren't any good at their job. Got it. I disagree, but you've made your point clear.
did you disagree with the whole, affirmative action mantra?

in many ways, that was clearly set up because they obviously, thought that employers were taking their biases to work with them even if "social media" didn't exist way back in the day.
Image
0 x
"AS MUCH AS I HATE PROVEN PEDOPHILES, I would rather have one of them than a democrat!!!" - Illeatyourdates

User avatar
nolaxride
Global Moderator
Posts: 14108
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Re: muslim california professor calls Barbara Bush a racist

Post by nolaxride » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:41 am

I am Z wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:28 am
nolaxride wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:55 am
I am Z wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:31 pm
have you ever wondered why I refer to California as part of The Triangle?

this is all the reason that I need:


excerpt:


April 18, 2018 08:02 AM

Updated 11 minutes ago


http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation- ... 04069.html

A Fresno State professor called former first lady Barbara Bush an “amazing racist” who raised a “war criminal,” and expressed no concern that she could be fired or reprimanded for her outspokenness on social media.

Randa Jarrar, a professor in Fresno State’s Department of English, expressed her displeasure with the Bush family within an hour after the official announcement that Mrs. Bush died Tuesday at the age of 92.

“Barbara Bush was a generous and smart and amazing racist who, along with her husband, raised a war criminal,” Jarrar wrote on Twitter. “F--- outta here with your nice words.”



Jarrar’s tweet generated more than 2,000 replies back to her, with many upset at her and tagging Fresno State and University President Joseph Castro in their comments.

Jarrar, who in her Twitter messages describes herself as an Arab-American and a Muslim-American woman, goes on to maintain that she is a tenured professor and makes $100,000 a year.

“I will never be fired,” Jarrar tweeted.

In a separate tweet, she wrote: “If you'd like to know what it's like to be an Arab American Muslim American woman with some clout online expressing an opinion, look at the racists going crazy in my mentions right now.”





jarrar_1.jpg
Really? That's the central valley. It elects Republicans.

And I'm not surprised that you make an issue of her calling herself a 'muslim'.

me?

she's the one who brought up the fact that she's a muslim. get a grip, man. plus, I found out last night that she's a palestinian muslim

and just because you say that 'the central valley" elects republicans has absolutely nothing to do with her hatred toward mrs bush.
'she' is another fat slob with an exaggerated sense of entitlement. I met the professor at a Saroyan conference in Fresno. And I'll admit that watching her interact with a barista and a few other service personnel does not provide a complete picture, I found it telling. She found her 15 minutes of fame and now she'll return to the obscurity she deserves.
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

Post Reply