Trump's French flip on Syria

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
lust4beer
Majesty

Trump's French flip on Syria

Post by lust4beer » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:25 pm

French President Emmanuel Macron claimed in a television interview that France has convinced President Trump that it is "necessary" to remain in Syria "long-term," according to the AFP.
Why this matters: If Trump follows through on this alleged commitment to Macron, it would be one of the biggest and most abrupt foreign policy reversals in his presidency. Trump has demanded for months — over the objections of his national security team — that his administration withdraw U.S. troops from Syria.
"Ten days ago, President Trump was saying the United States of America had a duty to disengage from Syria," said Macron, according to Agence France-Presse White House correspondent Jérôme Cartillier.

"We convinced him it was necessary to stay. I assure you, we have convinced him that it is necessary to stay for the long-term."

French president claims he has convinced Trump to remain in Syria 'long-term' - Axios
https://apple.news/A0r1p-nobTqq32jPc2fvjfA
0 x
"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

:kneeface:

Falstaff2
Courtier

Re: Trump's French flip on Syria

Post by Falstaff2 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:48 pm

As long as our leaders, press and media feel compelled to ignore the issue of religious factionalism voters will remain in the dark re the basis for unrest across the mideast. But Trump's supporters won't let themselves become troubled with petty details. Those Tea Baggers like simple answers like "turn that desert sand into glass" and "let those sand &(@@&%$ kill each other and then we can take the oil." They are a simple minded bunch and the GOP/Faux Noooz is proud they are.
0 x

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:53 pm

BallStaff has no problem posting made-up chit
0 x
"I like my coffee like I like my women: hot, black, and with a piece of prune Danish" Gilbert Gottfried

donttreadonme
God-Like

Post by donttreadonme » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:02 pm

lust4beer wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:25 pm
French President Emmanuel Macron claimed in a television interview that France has convinced President Trump that it is "necessary" to remain in Syria "long-term," according to the AFP.
Why this matters: If Trump follows through on this alleged commitment to Macron, it would be one of the biggest and most abrupt foreign policy reversals in his presidency. Trump has demanded for months — over the objections of his national security team — that his administration withdraw U.S. troops from Syria.
"Ten days ago, President Trump was saying the United States of America had a duty to disengage from Syria," said Macron, according to Agence France-Presse White House correspondent Jérôme Cartillier.

"We convinced him it was necessary to stay. I assure you, we have convinced him that it is necessary to stay for the long-term."

French president claims he has convinced Trump to remain in Syria 'long-term' - Axios
Are you telling me that those people who gave us those disgusting "French fries" are dictating Murican foreign policy now?
0 x
‘And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed—if all records told the same tale—then the lie passed into history and became truth.’

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:18 pm

Caveman skidmark
0 x
"I like my coffee like I like my women: hot, black, and with a piece of prune Danish" Gilbert Gottfried

lust4beer
Majesty

Post by lust4beer » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:24 pm

donttreadonme wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:02 pm
lust4beer wrote:

Are you telling me that those people who gave us those disgusting "French fries" are dictating Murican foreign policy now?
Don't you mean FREEDOM FRIES?!?!!

USA! USA! USA!
0 x

Falstaff2
Courtier

Post by Falstaff2 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:36 pm

Pete wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:53 pm
Maybe things will get tense enough in the mideast that Faux Noooz will find themselves mentioning the inherent hostile schisms of the muslim faith Mr Pete. And possibly then you can find yourself looking deeper into the situation. But until then Rush and Hannity can keep you stirred up over the agenda they push and the underlying problems be damned.
0 x

donttreadonme
God-Like

Post by donttreadonme » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:37 pm

lust4beer wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:24 pm
donttreadonme wrote:
lust4beer wrote:

USA! USA! USA!
0 x
‘And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed—if all records told the same tale—then the lie passed into history and became truth.’

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:46 pm

Falstaff2 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:36 pm
Pete wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:53 pm
Maybe things will get tense enough in the mideast that Faux Noooz will find themselves mentioning the inherent hostile schisms of the muslim faith Mr Pete. And possibly then you can find yourself looking deeper into the situation. But until then Rush and Hannity can keep you stirred up over the agenda they push and the underlying problems be damned.
Haven't seen or heard "Rush and Hannity" in years
0 x

lust4beer
Majesty

Post by lust4beer » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:38 pm

donttreadonme wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:37 pm
lust4beer wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:24 pm
donttreadonme wrote:
lust4beer wrote:

USA! USA! USA!

That Diet Coke makes his meal healthy

:lo2l:
0 x