What a Hoot!

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
maxwell
Royal Highness

Re: What a Hoot!

Post by maxwell » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:28 am

nolaxride wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:14 am
maxwell wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:18 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:51 am
My favorite trap shotgun does.

https://www.range365.com/remington-870- ... e-magazine
Is six rounds its limit? Can it take high capacity mags for its origibal design like an AR15 can? By that I mean 10 or more? How about 30 rounds? How about 100 round drums?
Yes, it can take high capacity mags. And consider that using 00 buckshot means the receiver is being hit with 7+ 30 cal bullets at 40 yards.
So then are you saying the intended target or targets, whether animal or human, will be unrecognizable after being hit? Are those bullets anything like what an AR-15 can take & do the damage a high velocity bullet does? Is that something the general population should have?

What I Saw Treating the Victims From Parkland Should Change the Debate on Guns

They weren’t the first mass-shooting victims the Florida radiologist saw—but their wounds were radically different.
Heather Sher Feb 22, 2018
[...]
Routine handgun injuries leave entry and exit wounds and linear tracks through the victim’s body that are roughly the size of the bullet. If the bullet does not directly hit something crucial like the heart or the aorta, and the victim does not bleed to death before being transported to our care at the trauma center, chances are that we can save him. The bullets fired by an AR-15 are different: They travel at a higher velocity and are far more lethal than routine bullets fired from a handgun. The damage they cause is a function of the energy they impart as they pass through the body. A typical AR-15 bullet leaves the barrel traveling almost three times faster than—and imparting more than three times the energy of—a typical 9mm bullet from a handgun. An AR-15 rifle outfitted with a magazine with 50 rounds allows many more lethal bullets to be delivered quickly without reloading.

I have seen a handful of AR-15 injuries in my career. Years ago I saw one from a man shot in the back by a SWAT team. The injury along the path of the bullet from an AR-15 is vastly different from a low-velocity handgun injury. The bullet from an AR-15 passes through the body like a cigarette boat traveling at maximum speed through a tiny canal. The tissue next to the bullet is elastic—moving away from the bullet like waves of water displaced by the boat—and then returns and settles back. This process is called cavitation; it leaves the displaced tissue damaged or killed. The high-velocity bullet causes a swath of tissue damage that extends several inches from its path. It does not have to actually hit an artery to damage it and cause catastrophic bleeding. Exit wounds can be the size of an orange.

With an AR-15, the shooter does not have to be particularly accurate. The victim does not have to be unlucky. If a victim takes a direct hit to the liver from an AR-15, the damage is far graver than that of a simple handgun-shot injury.
Handgun injuries to the liver are generally survivable unless the bullet hits the main blood supply to the liver. An AR-15 bullet wound to the middle of the liver would cause so much bleeding that the patient would likely never make it to the trauma center to receive our care.
[...]
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ns/553937/
0 x
:rock: & then there's YOU, the reason God gave us the middle finger :demonfinger:

maxwell
Royal Highness

Post by maxwell » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:38 am

brookboy123 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:05 am

I've watched the NRA's whores in Congress use the same talking points over the last few weeks........

I am so darn proud of these kids.........they will have to change the sewer of gun violence that we have forced them to live in.......I'm not sure they will be successful..........The NRA....and it's whores.....are very powerful.

I was proud to join a rally on Long Island......my sons joined the rally in Midtown Manhattan.
The only way this movement will succeed is to vote the NRA rat bastards out of Congress & replace them with legislatures who can create some real gun reforms. I heard that there is a call for a nation wide demand for town hall meetings in early April in every state when Representatives go back to the districts & if the Republican cowards don't show up, then their opponents should. Every seat in the House is up for grabs in November.
0 x
:rock: & then there's YOU, the reason God gave us the middle finger :demonfinger:

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:48 pm

maxwell wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:28 am
nolaxride wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:14 am
maxwell wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:18 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:51 am
My favorite trap shotgun does.

https://www.range365.com/remington-870- ... e-magazine
Is six rounds its limit? Can it take high capacity mags for its origibal design like an AR15 can? By that I mean 10 or more? How about 30 rounds? How about 100 round drums?
Yes, it can take high capacity mags. And consider that using 00 buckshot means the receiver is being hit with 7+ 30 cal bullets at 40 yards.
So then are you saying the intended target or targets, whether animal or human, will be unrecognizable after being hit? Are those bullets anything like what an AR-15 can take & do the damage a high velocity bullet does? Is that something the general population should have?

What I Saw Treating the Victims From Parkland Should Change the Debate on Guns

They weren’t the first mass-shooting victims the Florida radiologist saw—but their wounds were radically different.
Heather Sher Feb 22, 2018
[...]
Routine handgun injuries leave entry and exit wounds and linear tracks through the victim’s body that are roughly the size of the bullet. If the bullet does not directly hit something crucial like the heart or the aorta, and the victim does not bleed to death before being transported to our care at the trauma center, chances are that we can save him. The bullets fired by an AR-15 are different: They travel at a higher velocity and are far more lethal than routine bullets fired from a handgun. The damage they cause is a function of the energy they impart as they pass through the body. A typical AR-15 bullet leaves the barrel traveling almost three times faster than—and imparting more than three times the energy of—a typical 9mm bullet from a handgun. An AR-15 rifle outfitted with a magazine with 50 rounds allows many more lethal bullets to be delivered quickly without reloading.

I have seen a handful of AR-15 injuries in my career. Years ago I saw one from a man shot in the back by a SWAT team. The injury along the path of the bullet from an AR-15 is vastly different from a low-velocity handgun injury. The bullet from an AR-15 passes through the body like a cigarette boat traveling at maximum speed through a tiny canal. The tissue next to the bullet is elastic—moving away from the bullet like waves of water displaced by the boat—and then returns and settles back. This process is called cavitation; it leaves the displaced tissue damaged or killed. The high-velocity bullet causes a swath of tissue damage that extends several inches from its path. It does not have to actually hit an artery to damage it and cause catastrophic bleeding. Exit wounds can be the size of an orange.

With an AR-15, the shooter does not have to be particularly accurate. The victim does not have to be unlucky. If a victim takes a direct hit to the liver from an AR-15, the damage is far graver than that of a simple handgun-shot injury.
Handgun injuries to the liver are generally survivable unless the bullet hits the main blood supply to the liver. An AR-15 bullet wound to the middle of the liver would cause so much bleeding that the patient would likely never make it to the trauma center to receive our care.
[...]
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ns/553937/
Not even close. 00 buckshot is worthless after 75 yards, assuming you hit anything. A .223 is still accurate and carry more than a 500 ft lbs of energy. That's going to liquify a lot of body mass. The only saving grace of a .223 is that it rarely passes through what it hitt, so the person standing behind is safe.
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius

maxwell
Royal Highness

Post by maxwell » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:32 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:48 pm
maxwell wrote:

Not even close. 00 buckshot is worthless after 75 yards, assuming you hit anything. A .223 is still accurate and carry more than a 500 ft lbs of energy. That's going to liquify a lot of body mass. The only saving grace of a .223 is that it rarely passes through what it hitt, so the person standing behind is safe.
So I take it then, that an AR-15 cannot take the same type of ammunition as the long gun you like & visa versa?
0 x

maxwell
Royal Highness

Post by maxwell » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:37 pm

Nearly 20 years after Columbine, not a whole lot has changed & it's sickening. Maybe charging big bucks for high velocity bullets can make a dent into the bloody massacres happening way more often as each year goes by.

0 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:01 pm

maxwell wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:32 pm
nolaxride wrote:
maxwell wrote:

So I take it then, that an AR-15 cannot take the same type of ammunition as the long gun you like & visa versa?
The AR15 is a long gun. And, as a long gun it is currently one of the most popular in the world of competitive long range marksmanship.
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius

maxwell
Royal Highness

Post by maxwell » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:29 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:01 pm
maxwell wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
maxwell wrote:

The AR15 is a long gun. And, as a long gun it is currently one of the most popular in the world of competitive long range marksmanship.
I know it is considered a long gun, but what about the high velocity ammo? Can either rifle use either type of ammo?
0 x

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:33 pm

"...00 buckshot is worthless after 75 yards..."

How many school hallways are longer than 75 yards?
0 x
"I like my coffee like I like my women: hot, black, and with a piece of prune Danish" Gilbert Gottfried

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:46 pm

maxwell wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:29 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:01 pm
maxwell wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
maxwell wrote:

I know it is considered a long gun, but what about the high velocity ammo? Can either rifle use either type of ammo?
I assume you mean the AR16 and the M16, not the shotgun.

If you like to live dangerously you can use M-16 ammo in an AR-15. The M-16 creates a higher pressure that the AR15 won't handle over extended use. The reason they're so popular on the competitive shooting circuit is that they are so fast.. which means powerful. They get to the target fast. That's also their downfall. It's a smaller bullet so windage and heat make a big difference. It's also easier. I've shot long range (300-500 yards) with a both a Winchester 300 mag and a 308. Both had a nasty recoil. The 223 had virtually none. You can shoot all day and sleep at night. With the 308 or the 300, you'd shoot half a day and be in pain for the next three days.

If you're ever in the Phoenix area, check out the Ben Avery range. They'll rent you just about anything and then teach you to shoot it.
1 x
-- Ignotum per inotius

barrysoetoro
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

Post by barrysoetoro » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:08 pm

maxwell wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:34 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:22 pm
maxwell wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:00 am
You keep believing that those kids were "pushed" into doing this.

But they are not going to go away. Even when it's no longer "front page news" & the next inevitable massacre occurs that replaces them, they will still be on social media keeping the movement alive, & making sure the midterms have them going to the polls to vote the NRA backed Congress filth out. :sablier:
nobrain - one of you - supports the NRA. Are you gonna demand he turn in his guns?
I have no problem with owning a gun for protection or for hunting. I do however, have a problem with a weapon of war. I have a problem with multi-round magazines & drums capable of unloading multiple bullets that can turn someone into swiss cheese in mere seconds. It's obvious that type of firepower is not for hunting or even for protection.
So how many round should a magazine be allowed to hold?
0 x
☪ "May God d*mn the Saudis and America.", brookboy123 (nobrain & dope are fine with this )