What a Hoot!

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
Bigbaddoe
Global Moderator

Re: What a Hoot!

Post by Bigbaddoe » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:42 am

donttreadonme wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:32 am
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:27 am
maxwell wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:16 am
:o:
aluannie@q.com wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:04 am
maxwell wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:00 am
You keep believing that those kids were "pushed" into doing this.

But they are not going to go away. Even when it's no longer "front page news" & the next inevitable massacre occurs that replaces them, they will still be on social media keeping the movement alive, & making sure the midterms have them going to the polls to vote the NRA backed Congress filth out. :sablier:
Your post indicates, as I suspected, that you are not very old and probably closer to the teenage ranks than adulthood. Come back when you have something to post.
LOL! I wish, but as usual, your "instincts" are completely off kilter, aluannie. You see, i don't rely on any one news source to spoon feed me what I want to hear that validates my fears like you do. I do not have a facebook account, or on instagram, or periscope, or on any other of the various platforms; but common sense is what I posted.

What teenager do you see, EVER, who doesn't have their smart phone attached to the end of their fingertips? How do you think the hundreds of thousands of youth that showed up yesterday, or the nation wide school walkouts get the numbers that they did? Apparently, as I heard on TV yesterday -there will be another national walkout on the anniversary of the Columbine massacre.

Like I said, these kids aren't going away. Better get used to it. :throw-rocks:
These kids don't even know what an assault rifle is. And it seems like most of the adults that encourage this do either. The say "assault style". So, because it looks like an assault weapon it needs to be banned?
What's the difference between an AR15 and an M16?
One can go from semi auto to full auto and the other one can't.
0 x

donttreadonme
Serene Highness

Post by donttreadonme » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:45 am

Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:42 am
donttreadonme wrote:
Bigbaddoe wrote:
maxwell wrote:
aluannie@q.com wrote:
maxwell wrote:

But they are not going to go away. Even when it's no longer "front page news" & the next inevitable massacre occurs that replaces them, they will still be on social media keeping the movement alive, & making sure the midterms have them going to the polls to vote the NRA backed Congress filth out. :sablier:
Your post indicates, as I suspected, that you are not very old and probably closer to the teenage ranks than adulthood. Come back when you have something to post.
LOL! I wish, but as usual, your "instincts" are completely off kilter, aluannie. You see, i don't rely on any one news source to spoon feed me what I want to hear that validates my fears like you do. I do not have a facebook account, or on instagram, or periscope, or on any other of the various platforms; but common sense is what I posted.

What teenager do you see, EVER, who doesn't have their smart phone attached to the end of their fingertips? How do you think the hundreds of thousands of youth that showed up yesterday, or the nation wide school walkouts get the numbers that they did? Apparently, as I heard on TV yesterday -there will be another national walkout on the anniversary of the Columbine massacre.

These kids don't even know what an assault rifle is. And it seems like most of the adults that encourage this do either. The say "assault style". So, because it looks like an assault weapon it needs to be banned?
So they're basically the same gun?
0 x

Bigbaddoe
Global Moderator

Post by Bigbaddoe » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:55 am

donttreadonme wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:45 am
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:42 am
donttreadonme wrote:
Bigbaddoe wrote:
maxwell wrote:
aluannie@q.com wrote:
maxwell wrote:

So they're basically the same gun?
NO they are not. Do you have a reading comprehension issue?
1 x

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:19 am

Looking at skidmarks question and SMH.

"No skidmarkAC, black is black and white is white"

"You mean they are the same?"

Bless his heart
0 x
"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you"............Rudyard Kipling

evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

Post by evilconempire » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:35 am

Bigbaddoe wrote:
maxwell wrote:
aluannie@q.com wrote:
maxwell wrote:

How do you know what "these kids" know or don't know? I'm sure there are some that aren't that knowledgeable on guns, but it's just as likely there are some that are. The same is true for the adults involved. Why get hung up on verbiage when the point of all of this is to make kids safe when they go to school?
1 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

Bigbaddoe
Global Moderator

Post by Bigbaddoe » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:38 am

evilconempire wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:35 am
Bigbaddoe wrote:
maxwell wrote:
aluannie@q.com wrote:
maxwell wrote:

How do you know what "these kids" know or don't know? I'm sure there are some that aren't that knowledgeable on guns, but it's just as likely there are some that are. The same is true for the adults involved. Why get hung up on verbiage when the point of all of this is to make kids safe when they go to school?
There is no such thing as an "assault style" weapon. And assault is an action not a inanimate object. If they want to ban guns based on the "style" then they need to ban ALL weapons.
1 x

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:39 am

evilconempire wrote:
Bigbaddoe wrote:
maxwell wrote:
aluannie@q.com wrote:
maxwell wrote:

So, in the abstract you want to "make kids safe" but you don't know a specific way to get there K got it
0 x
"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you"............Rudyard Kipling

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:42 am

Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:38 am
evilconempire wrote:
Bigbaddoe wrote:
maxwell wrote:
aluannie@q.com wrote:
maxwell wrote:

There is no such thing as an "assault style" weapon. And assault is an action not a inanimate object. If they want to ban guns based on the "style" then they need to ban ALL weapons.
Okay, so hung up on semantics it is. I doubt that kids getting shot at school care what you want to call the gun.
1 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:44 am

Pete wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:39 am
evilconempire wrote:
Bigbaddoe wrote:
maxwell wrote:
aluannie@q.com wrote:
maxwell wrote:

So, in the abstract you want to "make kids safe" but you don't know a specific way to get there K got it
If you want to get into the specifics that would need to be included in legislation that's one thing. Just having a discussion about an anti-gun violence rally is another. So you "got" noting as usual.
0 x

antilib
Global Moderator

Post by antilib » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:48 am

donttreadonme wrote:
Bigbaddoe wrote:
maxwell wrote:
aluannie@q.com wrote:
maxwell wrote:

ar-15 = semi-automatic rifle used by civilians m-16 = automatic rifle used by the military
0 x