oh no! "Growing body of Research Rejects Transgender Movement

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
I am Z
Global Moderator

oh no! "Growing body of Research Rejects Transgender Movement

Post by I am Z » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:33 pm

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... y-researc/

By Bradford Richardson - The Washington Times - Thursday, February 22, 2018

Is Caitlyn Jenner a woman? A growing body of research from scientists, philosophers and feminists says no.

The latest contribution to the debate is “When Harry Became Sally,” a just-released book by Heritage Foundation senior research fellow Ryan T. Anderson, who critiques the transgender movement on the grounds of metaphysics, medicine and public policy.

Contrary to the transgender movement’s central claim — that “gender identity” determines whether someone is a man, a woman or something else — Mr. Anderson said the only rationale for determining an organism’s sex is “by that organism’s organization with respect to sexual reproduction.”

“Apart from that, all you have are sex stereotypes,” Mr. Anderson said Wednesday at a Heritage Foundation gathering. “There’s no other objective standard for identifying the sex of an individual.”

Human beings are a “sexually dimorphic species,” with complementary reproductive systems that are either male or female, Mr. Anderson said. One’s sex is evident in DNA, can be tracked in the womb and manifests itself “in many of our bodily systems and organs all the way down to the molecular level.”

maybe this will help clear up some "confusion"

:rofl1:
1 x
if you don't follow the 7 principles of Kwanzaa, you're a racist!

“matunda ya kwanza”

I still like "Hakuna Matata

:flycarpet:

Tejanochimbo
Majesty

Re: oh no! "Growing body of Research Rejects Transgender Movement

Post by Tejanochimbo » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:18 pm

I am Z wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:33 pm
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... y-researc/

By Bradford Richardson - The Washington Times - Thursday, February 22, 2018

Is Caitlyn Jenner a woman? A growing body of research from scientists, philosophers and feminists says no.

The latest contribution to the debate is “When Harry Became Sally,” a just-released book by Heritage Foundation senior research fellow Ryan T. Anderson, who critiques the transgender movement on the grounds of metaphysics, medicine and public policy.

Contrary to the transgender movement’s central claim — that “gender identity” determines whether someone is a man, a woman or something else — Mr. Anderson said the only rationale for determining an organism’s sex is “by that organism’s organization with respect to sexual reproduction.”

“Apart from that, all you have are sex stereotypes,” Mr. Anderson said Wednesday at a Heritage Foundation gathering. “There’s no other objective standard for identifying the sex of an individual.”

Human beings are a “sexually dimorphic species,” with complementary reproductive systems that are either male or female, Mr. Anderson said. One’s sex is evident in DNA, can be tracked in the womb and manifests itself “in many of our bodily systems and organs all the way down to the molecular level.”

maybe this will help clear up some "confusion"

:rofl1:
► Thanks for the Information
0 x
"What goes around comes around." - - Brett Kavanaugh

thelionofthenorth
Global Moderator

Post by thelionofthenorth » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:38 pm

Anderson's bio from the Heritage Foundation does not identify his undergraduate major, only that it is a BA from Princeton - so it could be anything from chemistry to African-American or Women's studies.

What is significanr, though, is that Heritage doesn't want anyone to know what his undergrad degree is in: i.e., what are his qualifications to an opinion on any subject, let alone human psychology or sexuality.

We do know that his doctorate is not in psychology or psychiatry or medicine, but rather a PhD in "political philosophy", meaning that he's an expert in political rationalizing but not in the workings of human minds.

Or put another way, once again Z ero found something that seemed to support his prejudices, and accepted it and rechanneled it without question.

And Cons wonder why people know they're gullible.
0 x
Stupidity deserves no pity.

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:17 am

thelionofthenorth wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:38 pm
Anderson's bio from the Heritage Foundation does not identify his undergraduate major, only that it is a BA from Princeton - so it could be anything from chemistry to African-American or Women's studies.

What is significanr, though, is that Heritage doesn't want anyone to know what his undergrad degree is in: i.e., what are his qualifications to an opinion on any subject, let alone human psychology or sexuality.

We do know that his doctorate is not in psychology or psychiatry or medicine, but rather a PhD in "political philosophy", meaning that he's an expert in political rationalizing but not in the workings of human minds.

Or put another way, once again Z ero found something that seemed to support his prejudices, and accepted it and rechanneled it without question.

And Cons wonder why people know they're gullible.

nice! you went out of your way to defend lib rule #3.........attack the source.

awesome job!

my prejudice? lol. friggin' "transgendered" people weren't even talked about 10-15 years ago and now, they're all the rage. where the hell were you, years ago on the subject?

you don't have to answer that. you were silent. maybe you were prejudiced against the poor lil' victim group. maybe it's just a bunch of bullsht.
1 x
if you don't follow the 7 principles of Kwanzaa, you're a racist!

“matunda ya kwanza”

I still like "Hakuna Matata

:flycarpet:

thelionofthenorth
Global Moderator

Post by thelionofthenorth » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:14 am

You haven't got a source: that's the point.
0 x
Stupidity deserves no pity.