Some say this isn't racist

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

Some say this isn't racist

Post by evilconempire » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:42 pm

Black Hockey Player Taunted With Racist Chant In Chicago

“It’s sad that in 2018 we’re still talking about the same thing,” said Washington Capitals hockey player Devante Smith-Pelly.

By Andy McDonald
Washington Capitals hockey player Devante Smith-Pelly blasted the “disgusting” racist chant directed at him during an NHL game in Chicago Saturday night that led to the ejection of several fans.

The incident occurred during a game between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Capitals, in which forward Devante Smith-Pelly was sent to the penalty box after fighting with Blackhawks defenseman Connor Murphy.

Sitting in the box and surrounded by hometown fans, the 25-year-old Smith-Pelly, a black Canadian, soon became incensed after four Blackhawks fans began racially taunting him with a chant of “basketball,” a Capitals spokesperson told ESPN.

“It’s pretty obvious what that means,” Smith-Pelly told reporters Sunday. “It’s just one word, and that’s all it takes. I got the idea.”

---------

Some just refuse to acknowledge racism anywhere.
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

chucky
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla

Re: Some say this isn't racist

Post by chucky » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:21 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:42 pm

“It’s sad that in 2018 we’re still talking about the same thing,” said Washington Capitals hockey player Devante Smith-Pelly.

By Andy McDonald
Washington Capitals hockey player Devante Smith-Pelly blasted the “disgusting” racist chant directed at him during an NHL game in Chicago Saturday night that led to the ejection of several fans.

The incident occurred during a game between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Capitals, in which forward Devante Smith-Pelly was sent to the penalty box after fighting with Blackhawks defenseman Connor Murphy.

Sitting in the box and surrounded by hometown fans, the 25-year-old Smith-Pelly, a black Canadian, soon became incensed after four Blackhawks fans began racially taunting him with a chant of “basketball,” a Capitals spokesperson told ESPN.

“It’s pretty obvious what that means,” Smith-Pelly told reporters Sunday. “It’s just one word, and that’s all it takes. I got the idea.”

---------

Lol . They chanted “basketball “ to a hockey player how will he ever be able to go on ?

“It’s just one word and that’s all it takes. I got the idea” . He probably had the idea before they even chanted.
1 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

DallasDimeBags
Majesty

Post by DallasDimeBags » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:40 pm

evilconempire wrote:

By Andy McDonald

---------

The word basketball is racist eh? Because?

What about Football? is that a racist word. What about baseball? is that one racist too?

Is the word Detroit racist? Or Jersey? Or Oakland? Or Santa Monica?

And who gets to decide if a word is or is not racist?
1 x

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:44 pm

lol funny chit. home boy is too delicate for ice hockey. takes brass balls to play that sport :guffaw:
1 x
"I like my coffee like I like my women: hot, black, and with a piece of prune Danish" Gilbert Gottfried

DallasDimeBags
Majesty

Post by DallasDimeBags » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:47 pm

Pete wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:44 pm
lol funny chit. home boy is too delicate for ice hockey. takes brass balls to play that sport :guffaw:
He's damn sure no Ray Borque. Or Joe Sakic. Or even that little Satan feller.
1 x

Bigbaddoe
Global Moderator

Post by Bigbaddoe » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:59 pm

evilconempire wrote:

By Andy McDonald

---------

The word "basketball" is racist? How?
1 x

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:15 pm

Bigbaddoe wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:59 pm
evilconempire wrote:

By Andy McDonald

---------

Why do you suppose the chose that word? What could they have been saying with it? No word alone is racist, but that same word used in a certain context by the right person can be
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:27 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:15 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

By Andy McDonald

---------

Why do you suppose the chose that word? What could they have been saying with it? No word alone is racist, but that same word used in a certain context by the right person can be

yeah, run with that one.

:coupe_affro:
0 x
if you don't follow the 7 principles of Kwanzaa, you're a racist!

“matunda ya kwanza”

I still like "Hakuna Matata

:flycarpet:

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:32 pm

I am Z wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:27 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:15 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

By Andy McDonald

---------

yeah, run with that one.

:coupe_affro:
Two very simple questions yet too tough for you, eh?
0 x