Interior Dept Announces Largest Offshore Lease Sale In US History

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
psk836
Serene Highness

Interior Dept Announces Largest Offshore Lease Sale In US History

Post by psk836 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:15 pm

https://www.doi.gov/pressreleases/inter ... us-history

"WASHINGTON – In support of President Donald J. Trump's ‘America-First Offshore Energy Strategy,’ Deputy Secretary of the Interior David Bernhardt announced that the Department will offer 77.3 million acres offshore Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida for oil and gas exploration and development. The region-wide lease sale, which is the largest in U.S. history, is scheduled for March 21, 2018, and will include all available unleased areas in federal waters of the Gulf of Mexico. In 2017, offshore leases helped the Department raise a billion dollars more in revenue for the year than was made off energy revenues in 2016.

“Responsibly developing our offshore energy resources is a major pillar of President Trump's American Energy Dominance strategy,” Deputy Secretary Bernhardt said. “​A strong offshore energy program supports tens of thousands good paying jobs and provides the affordable and reliable energy we need to heat homes, fuel our cars, and power our economy. We have the strongest safety regulations in the world and today's technology is making the responsible development of our resources even safer. We look forward to this important sale and continuing to raise energy revenues, which fund efforts to help safeguard our natural areas, water resources and cultural heritage, and to provide recreation opportunities to all Americans."'
0 x

chucky
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla

Re: Interior Dept Announces Largest Offshore Lease Sale In US History

Post by chucky » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:27 pm

psk836 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:15 pm

"WASHINGTON – In support of President Donald J. Trump's ‘America-First Offshore Energy Strategy,’ Deputy Secretary of the Interior David Bernhardt announced that the Department will offer 77.3 million acres offshore Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida for oil and gas exploration and development. The region-wide lease sale, which is the largest in U.S. history, is scheduled for March 21, 2018, and will include all available unleased areas in federal waters of the Gulf of Mexico. In 2017, offshore leases helped the Department raise a billion dollars more in revenue for the year than was made off energy revenues in 2016.

“Responsibly developing our offshore energy resources is a major pillar of President Trump's American Energy Dominance strategy,” Deputy Secretary Bernhardt said. “​A strong offshore energy program supports tens of thousands good paying jobs and provides the affordable and reliable energy we need to heat homes, fuel our cars, and power our economy. We have the strongest safety regulations in the world and today's technology is making the responsible development of our resources even safer. We look forward to this important sale and continuing to raise energy revenues, which fund efforts to help safeguard our natural areas, water resources and cultural heritage, and to provide recreation opportunities to all Americans."'
We really don’t need oil rigs off the Floria coast , especially the east coast.
0 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

brookboy123
Imperial Majesty

Post by brookboy123 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:16 am

chucky wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:27 pm
psk836 wrote:

Chucky.......why do you hate America?

Yesterday, I had a couple of slices of pizza at Little Vincent's on Portion Rd..........excellent thin crust Neapolitan pizza.........by Lake Ronkonkoma.
0 x

chucky

Post by chucky » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:27 am

brookboy123 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:16 am
chucky wrote:
psk836 wrote:

Yesterday, I had a couple of slices of pizza at Little Vincent's on Portion Rd..........excellent thin crust Neapolitan pizza.........by Lake Ronkonkoma.
I know the area well. I lived in Ronkonkoma for a couple of years back in the 80s . That’s what’s great about Long Island , you can get good pizza almost anywhere.
0 x
Stephane Charbonnier

psk836
Serene Highness

Post by psk836 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:29 am

chucky wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:27 am
brookboy123 wrote:
chucky wrote:
psk836 wrote:

I know the area well. I lived in Ronkonkoma for a couple of years back in the 80s . That’s what’s great about Long Island , you can get good pizza almost anywhere.
My daughter just spent six weeks in New York teaching new immigrants English. She loved the pizza. Unfortunately it is too far to deliver to Detroit.
0 x

chucky

Post by chucky » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:32 am

psk836 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:29 am
chucky wrote:
brookboy123 wrote:
chucky wrote:
psk836 wrote:

My daughter just spent six weeks in New York teaching new immigrants English. She loved the pizza. Unfortunately it is too far to deliver to Detroit.
Lol. You must have a couple of decent pizza joints in a city as big as Detroit.
0 x
Stephane Charbonnier

psk836
Serene Highness

Post by psk836 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:02 am

chucky wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:32 am
psk836 wrote:
chucky wrote:
brookboy123 wrote:
chucky wrote:
psk836 wrote:

Apparently it doesn't measure up, according to my newly-cosmopolitan kid. She loved every minute of her time in New York and now wants to finish college there.
0 x

chucky

Post by chucky » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:32 pm

psk836 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:02 am
chucky wrote:
psk836 wrote:
chucky wrote:
brookboy123 wrote:
chucky wrote:
psk836 wrote:

Apparently it doesn't measure up, according to my newly-cosmopolitan kid. She loved every minute of her time in New York and now wants to finish college there.
It is really pretty nice nowadays. It wasn’t so hot back in the 70s though.
1 x
Stephane Charbonnier

brookboy123
Imperial Majesty

Post by brookboy123 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:10 am

psk836 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:02 am
chucky wrote:
psk836 wrote:
chucky wrote:
brookboy123 wrote:
chucky wrote:
psk836 wrote:

Awesome.........it's an amazing time period in NYC........as chucky has indicated.

Best wishes for your daughter wherever she decides to go.
0 x