Unfortunately, this is NOT fake news

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
DallasDimeBags
Heir Apparent

Re: Unfortunately, this is NOT fake news

Post by DallasDimeBags » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:03 pm

chucky wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:13 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:09 pm
We need a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants.

It's just that simple. CA is the source of the majority of your fruits and veggies. Remove illegal labor and a)your price goes up, and b)they may be scarce.
You need seasonal work visas like Canada issues.
Indeed.
0 x

clusterchuck
Heir Presumptive

Post by clusterchuck » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:43 pm

lust4beer wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:01 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:48 am
lust4beer wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:26 am
clusterchuck wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:54 pm
donttreadonme wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:17 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:18 pm
California guides businesses on how to avoid ‘aiding and abetting’ immigration authorities
BY ANITA CHABRIA

achabria@sacbee.com

Updated February 14, 2018 10:54 AM

The California Attorney General Tuesday issued details on how businesses can navigate a controversial new state law that limits employers’ cooperation with immigration authorities while still complying with federal law.

“Just to be clear, there is no conflict between what (the California law) requires and what federal law requires,” Attorney General Xavier Becerra said at a press event.

The California law requires employers keep employees informed of federal actions.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article199933454.html
What would happen to all the growers in your state if they would lose all their "illegals" on their payrolls?
Unemployed American citizens would find work and the price of food would go up?

It could happen
How long you lived here?

You know that's not going to happen

It will crush the industry
Born in Orange. Military family. This last go around is now 45 + years in my home state.
I'm not debating whether it will happen or not.
No doubt there are no easy answers, that's why the issue has swirled for decades. Politicians on both sides LOVE the theatrical opportunity to stand for something.

One thing for sure, open borders is NOT the answer.
We never have or will have "open borders"

DACA was the way to do it

We have an administration that's doesn't want ANY brown skinned people
We have different definitions of "open". Designated entry points are the same as TSA inspections at airports. Looks good but doesn't do much to stop law breakers. As long as law breakers can walk across a border drawn on a map, we have open borders.

Whether the current admin wants brown people or not is a matter of opinion formed by personal interpretation of actions. I've seen no evidence supporting a claim of "no brown people".
1 x

barrysoetoro
Get in my Belly!

Post by barrysoetoro » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:24 am

nolaxride wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:00 am
barrysoetoro wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:49 pm
nolaxride wrote:

It's just that simple. CA is the source of the majority of your fruits and veggies. Remove illegal labor and a)your price goes up, and b)they may be scarce.
You're a f#cking idiot. So what do we tell all the legal immigrants, that they did it wrong?
Is there some part of a path to citizenship that you don't understand? Have you forgotten that Reagan granted amnesty and a path to citizenship? You might want to review the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
That's right, you've lied about President Reagan before and you're doing it again. Now get to present day you moron.
0 x
☪ "that includes patriots like John Kerry, Wesley Clark, and Jesse Ventura", nobrain

barrysoetoro
Get in my Belly!

Post by barrysoetoro » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:29 am

clusterchuck wrote:
lust4beer wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
donttreadonme wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
California guides businesses on how to avoid ‘aiding and abetting’ immigration authorities
BY ANITA CHABRIA

achabria@sacbee.com

The California Attorney General Tuesday issued details on how businesses can navigate a controversial new state law that limits employers’ cooperation with immigration authorities while still complying with federal law.

“Just to be clear, there is no conflict between what (the California law) requires and what federal law requires,” Attorney General Xavier Becerra said at a press event.

The new Immigrant Worker Protection Act (AB 450) went into effect at the start of the year and has caused concern and confusion among some employers. It requires employers to keep workers informed when the federal government is investigating their status and not to cooperate unless the immigration authorities present a judicial warrant or official audit notice.

Many California businesses were not aware of the new rules, while others struggled to put its requirements into practice.

Never miss a local story.

Tuesday’s release of more information from the Attorney General and the California Labor Commissioner’s Office, both of which are charged with enforcement of the law, was meant to bring clarity for businesses as workplace raids by ICE seem to grow more frequent in the state, and employers are increasingly on the front lines of California’s immigration war with the Trump Administration.

The acting director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Thomas Homan, has said his agency plans increased enforcement in California because of its declared status as a sanctuary state.

In early February, U.S. Customs and Immigrations agents visited 77 worksites in its northern California territory, which extends from Bakersfield to the Oregon border, to deliver audit notifications. These give the government legal access to employee I-9 records meant to verify a person’s right to work in the United States. In January, the federal government also raided nearly 100 7-Eleven stores across the country, including some in California.

Becerra said he was not aware of any instance in those actions where U.S. immigration officials didn’t follow the correct legal procedure, or where employers failed to follow the new California law. He said that his office was in contact with “a number of individuals and a number of employers” who were involved in earlier raids in California.

In the Sacramento region, the Monsanto agricultural facility in Woodland received an audit notice on Feb. 1.

In Fresno, The Bee reported that about eight agricultural employers in the San Joaquin Valley had received audit notices. At Bee Sweet Citrus in Fowler, south of Fresno, 40 workers out of about 500 did not return to work after the audit notice was received.

“One woman who has worked for me for nearly 20 years came up to me, gave me a hug and told me that she had to leave; she couldn’t take a chance,” said Jim Marderosian, Bee Sweet president. “I got emotional because this is a very difficult thing for families.”

ICE spokesperson Yasmeen Pitts-O’Keefe said there had been no further workplace raids in the area since those in early February, but the results of those audits were part of an ongoing investigation and not available.

Chiu said he thinks the Trump administration is using its enforcement actions to create fear in the immigrant community.

Chiu said that one in three California workers is an immigrant, and one in ten is undocumented.

In fiscal year 2017, HSI conducted 1,360 I-9 audits and made 139 criminal arrests and 172 administrative arrests. Businesses were ordered to pay $97.6 million in judicial forfeiture, fines and restitution and $7.8 million in civil fines, according to an ICE press release.

Becerra said his office had reached out to businesses and trade groups across the state in sectors including agriculture, retail, construction and hospitality to inform them of the new state law and learn what provisions were hardest to understand prior to issuing the new guidelines.

The California law requires employers keep employees informed of federal actions.

What would happen to all the growers in your state if they would lose all their "illegals" on their payrolls?

It could happen
How long you lived here?

Born in Orange. Military family. This last go around is now 45 + years in my home state.
No doubt there are no easy answers, that's why the issue has swirled for decades. Politicians on both sides LOVE the theatrical opportunity to stand for something.

What an ass wipe. You praise your stupid state of Kalifornia, Then say you're a military family. You rip on President Trump, who wants to build a wall and get rid of these damn the illegals that your state polluted our country with.

Do you support Hillary or Gary Johnson? Who is it?

Our military supports president Trump. I don't know who side you're on.
0 x
☪ "that includes patriots like John Kerry, Wesley Clark, and Jesse Ventura", nobrain

clusterchuck
Heir Presumptive

Post by clusterchuck » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:58 am

barrysoetoro wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:29 am
clusterchuck wrote:
lust4beer wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
donttreadonme wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
BY ANITA CHABRIA

achabria@sacbee.com

The new Immigrant Worker Protection Act (AB 450) went into effect at the start of the year and has caused concern and confusion among some employers. It requires employers to keep workers informed when the federal government is investigating their status and not to cooperate unless the immigration authorities present a judicial warrant or official audit notice.

Many California businesses were not aware of the new rules, while others struggled to put its requirements into practice.

Never miss a local story.

Tuesday’s release of more information from the Attorney General and the California Labor Commissioner’s Office, both of which are charged with enforcement of the law, was meant to bring clarity for businesses as workplace raids by ICE seem to grow more frequent in the state, and employers are increasingly on the front lines of California’s immigration war with the Trump Administration.

The acting director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Thomas Homan, has said his agency plans increased enforcement in California because of its declared status as a sanctuary state.

In early February, U.S. Customs and Immigrations agents visited 77 worksites in its northern California territory, which extends from Bakersfield to the Oregon border, to deliver audit notifications. These give the government legal access to employee I-9 records meant to verify a person’s right to work in the United States. In January, the federal government also raided nearly 100 7-Eleven stores across the country, including some in California.

Becerra said he was not aware of any instance in those actions where U.S. immigration officials didn’t follow the correct legal procedure, or where employers failed to follow the new California law. He said that his office was in contact with “a number of individuals and a number of employers” who were involved in earlier raids in California.

In the Sacramento region, the Monsanto agricultural facility in Woodland received an audit notice on Feb. 1.

In Fresno, The Bee reported that about eight agricultural employers in the San Joaquin Valley had received audit notices. At Bee Sweet Citrus in Fowler, south of Fresno, 40 workers out of about 500 did not return to work after the audit notice was received.

“One woman who has worked for me for nearly 20 years came up to me, gave me a hug and told me that she had to leave; she couldn’t take a chance,” said Jim Marderosian, Bee Sweet president. “I got emotional because this is a very difficult thing for families.”

ICE spokesperson Yasmeen Pitts-O’Keefe said there had been no further workplace raids in the area since those in early February, but the results of those audits were part of an ongoing investigation and not available.

Chiu said he thinks the Trump administration is using its enforcement actions to create fear in the immigrant community.

Chiu said that one in three California workers is an immigrant, and one in ten is undocumented.

In fiscal year 2017, HSI conducted 1,360 I-9 audits and made 139 criminal arrests and 172 administrative arrests. Businesses were ordered to pay $97.6 million in judicial forfeiture, fines and restitution and $7.8 million in civil fines, according to an ICE press release.

Becerra said his office had reached out to businesses and trade groups across the state in sectors including agriculture, retail, construction and hospitality to inform them of the new state law and learn what provisions were hardest to understand prior to issuing the new guidelines.

It could happen
How long you lived here?

What an ass wipe. You praise your stupid state of Kalifornia, Then say you're a military family. You rip on President Trump, who wants to build a wall and get rid of these damn the illegals that your state polluted our country with.

Do you support Hillary or Gary Johnson? Who is it?

Our military supports president Trump. I don't know who side you're on.
"I don't know who side you're on."

Obviously.
0 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:38 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:24 am
nolaxride wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:00 am
barrysoetoro wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:49 pm
nolaxride wrote:

You're a f#cking idiot. So what do we tell all the legal immigrants, that they did it wrong?
Is there some part of a path to citizenship that you don't understand? Have you forgotten that Reagan granted amnesty and a path to citizenship? You might want to review the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
That's right, you've lied about President Reagan before and you're doing it again. Now get to present day you moron.
I'm still waiting for you to point out those lies. When are you going to do that?

Now, back to the point. The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 provided a pathway to citizenship. Reagan supported it. Reagan signed it.

Are you saying that didn't happen?
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx