The Beginnings Of A Solution

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
psk836
Serene Highness

Re: The Beginnings Of A Solution

Post by psk836 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:20 am

nolaxride wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:46 am
psk836 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:30 am
Pre crime worries are a valid point and I am typically not one to surrender personal liberties too easily. But in this situation practically everyone on the board recognizes that there were very strong indications that, when considered after the fact, were strong indications of what this guy was going to do. Many have argued that our gun laws failed us because they did not stop him from acquiring weapons. Others argue that law enforcement failed us because nobody acted to stop him when it was clear that he was dangerous. I think perhaps both arguments are right and we should consider changing the rules to stop these people before they are ready, physically, economically or emotionally, to act out their threats
Your points are well made. But IMHO, we also need to look at the gun laws, and specifically what we're allowing the public to buy. The Las Vegas shooter was using an AR-15. The Orlando nightclub shooting was using an AR-15. And as we saw in Vegas, there are too many mods out there that will turn that into an automatic weapon. Granted, the shooter could have used a shotgun or a handgun. I doubt the result would have been so deadly.
The construction of an AR-15 is little different from any semi-automatic rifle, with the one pull one shot design being developed shortly after 1900. The AR-15 just has a plastic stock and grip instead of wood. The bump stocks to which you refer are best at converting ammo into noise and make the weapon totally inaccurate.
0 x

Toshi
Imperial Majesty

Post by Toshi » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:21 am

psk836 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:20 am
nolaxride wrote:
psk836 wrote:
Pre crime worries are a valid point and I am typically not one to surrender personal liberties too easily. But in this situation practically everyone on the board recognizes that there were very strong indications that, when considered after the fact, were strong indications of what this guy was going to do. Many have argued that our gun laws failed us because they did not stop him from acquiring weapons. Others argue that law enforcement failed us because nobody acted to stop him when it was clear that he was dangerous. I think perhaps both arguments are right and we should consider changing the rules to stop these people before they are ready, physically, economically or emotionally, to act out their threats
Your points are well made. But IMHO, we also need to look at the gun laws, and specifically what we're allowing the public to buy. The Las Vegas shooter was using an AR-15. The Orlando nightclub shooting was using an AR-15. And as we saw in Vegas, there are too many mods out there that will turn that into an automatic weapon. Granted, the shooter could have used a shotgun or a handgun. I doubt the result would have been so deadly.
The construction of an AR-15 is little different from any semi-automatic rifle, with the one pull one shot design being developed shortly after 1900. The AR-15 just has a plastic stock and grip instead of wood. The bump stocks to which you refer are best at converting ammo into noise and make the weapon totally inaccurate.

Well, with morons like nobrain, they "think" that if you ban the AR-15 there will be no more mass shootings.
0 x
"I love what happened on that ball field this week. The only problem I have with it is he didn't get more of you." - liberaljihad the föggat

psk836
Serene Highness

Post by psk836 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:28 am

Toshi wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:21 am
psk836 wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
psk836 wrote:

Well, with morons like nobrain, they "think" that if you ban the AR-15 there will be no more mass shootings.
Banning guns to stop mass shootings is like banning cars to stop drunk driving.
0 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:59 am

psk836 wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
psk836 wrote:
Tell me how inaccurate that gun was in Vegas. Or Parkland?
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

psk836
Serene Highness

Post by psk836 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:16 am

nolaxride wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:59 am
psk836 wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
psk836 wrote:
No serious shooter is going to use a bump stock. And everybody and the NRA agreed to ban them and Congress still couldn't do it. So good luck shitcanning the 2nd Amendment!
0 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:32 am

psk836 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:16 am
nolaxride wrote:
psk836 wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
psk836 wrote:
No serious shooter is going to use a bump stock. And everybody and the NRA agreed to ban them and Congress still couldn't do it. So good luck shitcanning the 2nd Amendment!
When did I ever suggesting repealing the 2nd Amendment?
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

psk836
Serene Highness

Post by psk836 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:28 pm

psk836 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:34 am
My point is that most of these people self identify long before they actually shoot anybody. And it is when their ideas are in the nascent state, they typically are not ready to act. What is holding them back? They have a stronger desire NOT to act, or the inability to follow through on their threats. So that is the time to stop them, with enforcement power that can isolate or at least prevent acquisition of the means to follow through.
As it turns out, Cruz did in fact call authorities HIMSELF and tell them that he was about to explode....

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/23/us/f ... -cruz.html

Mr. Cruz, 19, himself called the authorities just after Thanksgiving, describing how he had been in a fight and was struggling with the death of his mother. “The thing is I lost my mother a couple of weeks ago, so like I am dealing with a bunch of things right now,” he said in a childlike voice, sounding agitated and out of breath.

Combined with:

The authorities have acknowledged mishandling numerous warning signs that Mr. Cruz was deeply troubled. There were tips to the F.B.I. about disturbing social media posts. There were visits by social services to his home. There were dozens of calls to 911 and the local authorities, some mentioning fears that he was capable of violence.

“It’s not the first time he put a gun on somebody’s head.” Ms. Deschamps made it clear that her new houseguest was obsessed with firearms and had threatened both his mother and his brother. “That’s all he wants is his gun,”

On Nov. 30, two and a half months before the Parkland massacre, an unidentified caller from Massachusetts told the Broward County Sheriff’s Office that Mr. Cruz was collecting guns and knives and that “he could be a school shooter in the making.”

Two years before, the office reported receiving “thirdhand information” from the son of one of Mr. Cruz’s neighbors that he “planned to shoot up the school on Instagram.” {posted on social media...}.

The tip that the F.B.I. received in early January from someone close to Mr. Cruz suggested that he owned a gun and had talked about carrying out a school shooting.

The F.B.I. also received a tip from a bail bondsman in Mississippi in September about a suspicious comment left on his YouTube channel by a “nikolas cruz” who professed a desire to be a “professional school shooter.” The bondsman notified YouTube, which promptly took down the comment.

The F.B.I. said it did not have enough information to determine if “nikolas cruz” was a real name or a pseudonym, and the bureau said it could not justify keeping a file on the tip open and closed it in October. (Glad to see YouTube had enough info to act, if not the FBI).
0 x

psk836
Serene Highness

Post by psk836 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:31 pm

nolaxride wrote:
psk836 wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
psk836 wrote:
While the Vegas shooter did have bump stocks in his room, I do not believe there is any evidence to suggest he used them.
0 x

Antisteroidforce
Majesty

Post by Antisteroidforce » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:02 pm

See what I mean?

Little snowflake crybaby nola WILL NOT join in the execution of a single common sense attempt to address this problem without groping for their Gun Control Nirvana (or expressing their rabid hatred for the NRA, which kills no one).

Its very interjection into the conversation derails any forward movement for real solutions. Just like their interjection of every other egregiously selfish and agenda driven quest Modern Day Progressive Liberal Democrats vomit on this nation.

You and your comrades are a never ending barrier to progress little snowflake crybaby nola. Why?

You want no progress. You must appease your defective emotions. You must be able to portray yourself to other Liberals properly. And you must have a reason to smear those who stand in the way of your political and ideological aspirations.

YOU REMAIN PART OF THE PROBLEM.
0 x

Antisteroidforce
Majesty

Post by Antisteroidforce » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:17 pm

Wait for it...........

Little snowflake crybaby nola will STILL whine about and demand Gun Control, even though human common sense and reality constantly show that criminals and those with evil intent will never obey any law.

Little snowflake crybaby nola does not care because little snowflake crybaby nola MUST SHOW HE IS FOR GUN CONTROL, and little snowflake crybaby nola MUST BE ABLE TO DEMONIZE AND SMEAR ANYONE WHO DISAGREES, all so little snowflake crybaby nola can advance his political and ideological tyranny.

Humanity needs no more experiments in Progressive Liberalism.
Humanity needs no more selfish lies & fraud from Progressive Liberalism.
Humanity needs no more deliberately imposed problems.
Humanity needs no more barriers to solving problems.
0 x