In the least shocking story of the day

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Re: In the least shocking story of the day

Post by evilconempire » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:36 pm

Pete wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:46 pm
a man of science talking about "odds". :rolling:
You mean like probabilities? :lo2l:
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:40 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:36 pm
Pete wrote:
you mean the probability that humans have one scintilla of raising the earth's temp? LMAO
0 x
"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you"............Rudyard Kipling

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:42 pm

Pete wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:40 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:36 pm
Pete wrote:
you mean the probability that humans have one scintilla of raising the earth's temp? LMAO
No dumbass, I mean the probability that the racist Trump appointee was talking about a white family? Follow a thread much?
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

chucky
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla

Post by chucky » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:12 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:35 pm
chucky wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:20 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:15 pm
chucky wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:55 am
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:40 am
chucky wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:13 am
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:09 am
A Trump appointee resigns over racist, sexist, anti-Muslim and anti-LGBT comments on the radio

By Andrew Kaczynski, CNN

Updated 9:38 AM ET, Fri January 19, 2018

(CNN)WARNING: This story contains graphic language.

Trump administration appointee Carl Higbie resigned Thursday as chief of external affairs for the federal government's volunteer service organization after a CNN KFile review of racist, sexist, anti-Muslim and anti-LGBT comments he made on the radio.

"Effective immediately, Carl Higbie has resigned as Chief of External Affairs at CNCS," Samantha Jo Warfield, a spokesperson for CNCS, said in a statement.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Higbie's resignation. Higbie did not respond to multiple requests for comment on Thursday.

In a tweet Friday morning, Higbie apologized for his comments.

"I'm sorry. I'm not sorry that my words were published, I am sorry that I said them in 2013," he wrote. "Those words do not reflect who I am or what I stand for, I regret saying them. Last night I informed the WH that I was resigning so as not to distract from POTUS' many success. #noexcuses"
Higbie, a former Navy SEAL and conservative media personality, was a surrogate for Trump during the 2016 presidential campaign, appearing on cable news and serving as the spokesman for the Trump-aligned Great America PAC. He was appointed to the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) in 2017 to direct the public image and messaging of the federal department that manages millions of Americans in volunteer services like AmeriCorps and Senior Corps.

CNCS, formed in 1993, connects volunteers with service opportunities, often in the neediest areas across the country. According to the organization's website, the projects are mainly focused on six priority areas: disaster services, economic opportunity, education, environmental stewardship, healthy futures, and veterans and military families.

In one of the comments unearthed by KFile, Higbie said you could "guess the color" of a family he described that lived in his condo association.

"I told this story the other day on my show. Somebody who lives in my condo association that has five kids, and it's her and her husband with the five kids and the mother, the grandmother of the kids, and they don't have jobs, they're there all the time -- I bet you can guess what color they are -- and they have no job," he said.

More comments here:
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/18/politics/ ... index.html
Oh my . So what was the color of the family ?
SMH
Oh he never said . Oh well.
What would you put the odds at of him talking about a white family?
Don’t know him at all so I can’t quantify it.
Typical non-answer.
I would say it was likely, but like I said without more information I can’t set the line. Sorry if this bothers you.
0 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:17 pm

chucky wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:12 pm
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
A Trump appointee resigns over racist, sexist, anti-Muslim and anti-LGBT comments on the radio

By Andrew Kaczynski, CNN

Trump administration appointee Carl Higbie resigned Thursday as chief of external affairs for the federal government's volunteer service organization after a CNN KFile review of racist, sexist, anti-Muslim and anti-LGBT comments he made on the radio.

"Effective immediately, Carl Higbie has resigned as Chief of External Affairs at CNCS," Samantha Jo Warfield, a spokesperson for CNCS, said in a statement.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Higbie's resignation. Higbie did not respond to multiple requests for comment on Thursday.

"I'm sorry. I'm not sorry that my words were published, I am sorry that I said them in 2013," he wrote. "Those words do not reflect who I am or what I stand for, I regret saying them. Last night I informed the WH that I was resigning so as not to distract from POTUS' many success. #noexcuses"
Higbie, a former Navy SEAL and conservative media personality, was a surrogate for Trump during the 2016 presidential campaign, appearing on cable news and serving as the spokesman for the Trump-aligned Great America PAC. He was appointed to the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) in 2017 to direct the public image and messaging of the federal department that manages millions of Americans in volunteer services like AmeriCorps and Senior Corps.

CNCS, formed in 1993, connects volunteers with service opportunities, often in the neediest areas across the country. According to the organization's website, the projects are mainly focused on six priority areas: disaster services, economic opportunity, education, environmental stewardship, healthy futures, and veterans and military families.

In one of the comments unearthed by KFile, Higbie said you could "guess the color" of a family he described that lived in his condo association.

"I told this story the other day on my show. Somebody who lives in my condo association that has five kids, and it's her and her husband with the five kids and the mother, the grandmother of the kids, and they don't have jobs, they're there all the time -- I bet you can guess what color they are -- and they have no job," he said.

More comments here:
SMH
Typical non-answer.
I would say it was likely, but like I said without more information I can’t set the line. Sorry if this bothers you.
You would say it's likely, eh? So either you didn't read his comments or you don't understand statistics.
0 x

chucky

Post by chucky » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:28 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:17 pm
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

By Andrew Kaczynski, CNN

More comments here:
SMH
Typical non-answer.
You would say it's likely, eh? So either you didn't read his comments or you don't understand statistics.
You asked for odds which is very specific. I can’t read his mind nor am I familiar with him he could have been engaging in parody . So all I can say is that imo it is more likely he meant non whites than whites . As far as which exact group, it’s either heads or tails and you have to say . Call it.
0 x
Stephane Charbonnier

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:32 pm

chucky wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:28 pm
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

By Andrew Kaczynski, CNN

More comments here:
SMH
Typical non-answer.
You asked for odds which is very specific. I can’t read his mind nor am I familiar with him he could have been engaging in parody . So all I can say is that imo it is more likely he meant non whites than whites . As far as which exact group, it’s either heads or tails and you have to say . Call it.
Me: "What would you put the odds at of him talking about a white family?"
You: "I would say it was likely, but like I said without more information I can’t set the line."
Me: "You would say it's likely, eh?"
You: "So all I can say is that imo it is more likely he meant non whites than whites."

0 x

chucky

Post by chucky » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:14 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:32 pm
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:

SMH
Typical non-answer.
You: "I would say it was likely, but like I said without more information I can’t set the line."
You: "So all I can say is that imo it is more likely he meant non whites than whites."

And I thought you understood nuance.
0 x
Stephane Charbonnier

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:23 pm

chucky wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:14 pm
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

SMH
Typical non-answer.

And i thought you were literate.
0 x

chucky

Post by chucky » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:54 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:23 pm
chucky wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:14 pm
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:

Typical non-answer.

And i thought you were literate.
Is it not obvious that I can read and write ? Again you’re thinking lacks gradation.
0 x
Stephane Charbonnier