Study: Worst-case global warming scenarios not credible... more bad news for Neil deGrasse

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
chucky
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla

Re: Study: Worst-case global warming scenarios not credible... more bad news for Neil deGrasse

Post by chucky » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:19 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:54 pm
chucky wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:44 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:34 pm
chucky wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:31 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:54 am
barrysoetoro wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:52 am
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:50 am
"Cox and colleagues, using a new methodology, have come up with a far narrower range: 2.2 C to 3.4 C, with a best estimate of 2.8 C (5 F).

If accurate, it precludes the most destructive doomsday scenarios."

Still too much, but better. Let's hope this is correct.
Oh, how much is it supposed to be? And according to what news article you just googled right now? :lo2l:
Ideally it would be stable rather than increasing at an unprecedented rate. I didn't have to google that as it's common knowledge outside of the bubble.
Climate is never completely stable it is always changing cyclically .
In predictable patterns and within normal variations. IOW, stable, but I don't want to wreck a good hair-splitting so I'll step aside now.
There are many unpredictable anomalies that can affect it greatly. Ice ages are part of the pattern. Man does not do well during an ice age . Man with technology should have no trouble adapting to the increase in the small amount of CO2 in the atmosphere. I mean many scientists think living on Mars might be viable and it has an atmosphere of 95 % CO2 as opposed to .04 % for earth.
LOL So retreating to climate/atmosphere controlled facilities is the answer. You do realize they aren't saying we can live on Mars like we do here, right?
Right. Be if we can adapt to those conditions it should be no problem to deal with the tiny amount of CO2 in our atmosphere no facilities needed. A couple of degrees warmer in a hundred years really isn’t a big deal.
0 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Re: Study: Worst-case global warming scenarios not credible... more bad news for Neil deGrasse

Post by evilconempire » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:21 pm

chucky wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:19 pm
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
"Cox and colleagues, using a new methodology, have come up with a far narrower range: 2.2 C to 3.4 C, with a best estimate of 2.8 C (5 F).

Oh, how much is it supposed to be? And according to what news article you just googled right now? :lo2l:
Ideally it would be stable rather than increasing at an unprecedented rate. I didn't have to google that as it's common knowledge outside of the bubble.
In predictable patterns and within normal variations. IOW, stable, but I don't want to wreck a good hair-splitting so I'll step aside now.
There are many unpredictable anomalies that can affect it greatly. Ice ages are part of the pattern. Man does not do well during an ice age . Man with technology should have no trouble adapting to the increase in the small amount of CO2 in the atmosphere. I mean many scientists think living on Mars might be viable and it has an atmosphere of 95 % CO2 as opposed to .04 % for earth.
LOL So retreating to climate/atmosphere controlled facilities is the answer. You do realize they aren't saying we can live on Mars like we do here, right?
Right. Be if we can adapt to those conditions it should be no problem to deal with the tiny amount of CO2 in our atmosphere no facilities needed. A couple of degrees warmer in a hundred years really isn’t a big deal.
Okay, well I've listed all the problems that come with it before and you've decided that you know better. I'm not going to keep trying to get you to understand the issue. I recognize and exercise in futility when I see it.
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

chucky
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla

Post by chucky » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:25 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:21 pm
chucky wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:19 pm
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

Okay, well I've listed all the problems that come with it before and you've decided that you know better. I'm not going to keep trying to get you to understand the issue. I recognize and exercise in futility when I see it.
I think all the problems that come with it are easily dealt with via technology. Man survived worse climates without technology in the past. There is no reason to think we can’t deal with the problems going forward. We are already well on our way to doing so.
0 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

barrysoetoro
Get in my Belly!

Post by barrysoetoro » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:31 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:30 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:26 pm
evilconempire wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

Wow, oh really really Mr Science??? Wow, lets talk about it over Starbucks. A latte?? Yes, these right-wingers just don't understand ideally it would be stable rather than increasing at an unprecedented rate. Everyone who is anyone knows that!

I can't believe you believe so badly in that stuff - I mean, you are obsessed with it - over some link you found on the internet. I haven't felt the effects of global warming, nor has anyone. Hell, even the polar bears are back and in numbers. Your science hero Al Bore got his ass handed to him over it.
LOL I'm not the one that's obsessed with it. Look at how unhinged you get over it. That's clearly your thing. It's just a top priority for me and a topic I like to discuss.
So making fun of you is being unhinged, all-right then.
0 x
☪ You can't be for the worker but against corporations/the wealthy at the same time.

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:32 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:31 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:30 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:26 pm
evilconempire wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

Wow, oh really really Mr Science??? Wow, lets talk about it over Starbucks. A latte?? Yes, these right-wingers just don't understand ideally it would be stable rather than increasing at an unprecedented rate. Everyone who is anyone knows that!

I can't believe you believe so badly in that stuff - I mean, you are obsessed with it - over some link you found on the internet. I haven't felt the effects of global warming, nor has anyone. Hell, even the polar bears are back and in numbers. Your science hero Al Bore got his ass handed to him over it.
LOL I'm not the one that's obsessed with it. Look at how unhinged you get over it. That's clearly your thing. It's just a top priority for me and a topic I like to discuss.
So making fun of you is being unhinged, all-right then.
No, your little tirades when you can't refute the facts is you being unhinged.
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech: