House Investigation: DWS Tech Guys Were Stealing Congressional Data

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
psk836
God-Like

House Investigation: DWS Tech Guys Were Stealing Congressional Data

Post by psk836 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:59 am

"Their behavior mirrored a “classic method for insiders to exfiltrate data from an organization,” and they continued even after orders to stop, the briefing materials allege. There are indications that numerous members’ data may have been secretly residing not on their designated servers, but instead aggregated onto one server, according to the briefing and other sources. Authorities said that the entire server was then physically stolen."

"When acting on the findings, Democratic leadership appear to have misrepresented the issue to their own members as solely a matter of theft, a comparison of the investigators’ findings with Democrats’ recollections and a committee’s public statement shows, leading 44 Democrats to not conduct protective measures typically taken after a breach...".

"There are strong indications that many of the 44 members’ data — including personal information of constituents seeking help — was entirely out of those members’ possession, and instead was stored on the House Democratic Caucus server. The aggregation of multiple members’ data would mean all that data was absconded with, because authorities said that entire server physically disappeared while it was being monitored by police."

'“All 5 of the shared employee system administrators collectively logged onto the Caucus system 5,735 times, an average of 27 times per day… This is considered unusual since computers in other offices managed by these shared employees were accessed in total less than 60 times,” the presentation reads."

"Then, as police monitored the server as a primary piece of evidence, they discovered in January that it was taken from under their noses and replaced with a different computer."

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/16/house ... #pq=Q66djx
1 x

psk836
God-Like

Re: House Investigation: DWS Tech Guys Were Stealing Congressional Data

Post by psk836 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:03 am

I bet these guys had access to Hillary Clinton campaign through Debbie Wasserman Schultz, (maybe even, say John Podesta's e-mails) and possibly even Hillary's illegal server.
0 x

chucky
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla

Re: House Investigation: DWS Tech Guys Were Stealing Congressional Data

Post by chucky » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:04 am

psk836 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:03 am
I bet these guys had access to Hillary Clinton campaign through Debbie Wasserman Schultz, (maybe even, say John Podesta's e-mails) and possibly even Hillary's illegal server.
A 10 year old could do that.
1 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier