WOW!! Girlfriend Starts Yodeling, gets Standing Ovation from Everyone — Even Martin Short

Post your favorite songs, discuss favorite shows
illeatyourdates2
Get in my Belly!

WOW!! Girlfriend Starts Yodeling, gets Standing Ovation from Everyone — Even Martin Short

Post by illeatyourdates2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:19 am

Girlfriend Starts Yodeling, gets Standing Ovation from Everyone — Even Martin Short

By Kim Davis
December 10, 2017 at 6:00am
Share on Facebook Tweet Email Print

When I think of yodeling, it takes me back to a childhood of watching “The Sound of Music” on repeat.

I think of goats on a hilltop, mothers doing a little matchmaking, and Julie Andrews singing her yodeling heart out.

What doesn’t come to mind is a sold-out crowd cheering their lungs out over a well-sung country-rock yodel. Nor do I picture celebrity judges weighing in on the performance with excitement and passion.

But when Canadian artists Francelle Maria and Mathieu Leger stood on stage during “Canada’s Got Talent,” they elicited excitement and a standing ovation from a huge audience.

It was 2012 when the duo strode onto stage with a charm and confidence that had the audience in their court from the start.

Francelle chose to sing the 1940s yodeling classic “He Taught me to Yodel.” With Mathieu accompanying her on guitar, the duo delivered a high-energy performance that left everyone grinning giddy smiles of contentment.

The tune started out at a moderate tempo and picked up speed along the way. By the end, Francelle’s yodeling was charging full speed ahead, filling the auditorium with a contagious energy.

The crowd leaped to their feet, screaming for the duo to pass on to the next round of competition. The judges agreed, complimenting the artists on their ability to be so in sync with each other.

“Honestly the art of yodeling is tremendously difficult,” said opera star Measha Brueggergosman.

She complimented Francelle on her ability to hit each pitch for just the perfect amount of split-second timing before moving on to the next section of melody.

Martin Short gave the crowd a laugh by asking Francelle and Mathieu if they were a couple.

When they confirmed his suspicion, he was glad — seeing the obvious chemistry happening between the pair on stage.

Short described the performance as “really quite fabulous.” He gave his nod of approval for the pair to move on to the next round of competition.

The charming duo made it to the semifinals of “Canada’s Got Talent” before being eliminated.

With new fans behind them, the pair was able to use the show as a launchpad for their careers.

Francelle and Mathieu have continued making music, touring and performing around the globe. What do you think of those yodeling skills?

WATCH:

https://www.liftable.com/kim/girlfriend ... ontent=ttp

;)2
0 x

thelionofthenorth
Global Moderator

Re: WOW!! Girlfriend Starts Yodeling, gets Standing Ovation from Everyone — Even Martin Short

Post by thelionofthenorth » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:00 am

I've made several girlfriends yodel, but never in public.
1 x
Stupidity deserves no pity.

psk836
God-Like

Re: WOW!! Girlfriend Starts Yodeling, gets Standing Ovation from Everyone — Even Martin Short

Post by psk836 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:48 am

thelionofthenorth wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:00 am
They were baying.
0 x

illeatyourdates2
Get in my Belly!

Post by illeatyourdates2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:20 pm

thelionofthenorth wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:00 am
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :guffaw: :guffaw:

;)2
0 x

psk836
God-Like

Post by psk836 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:26 pm

Well I've gotten a couple standing ovations. But those happened when I finished performing....
0 x

illeatyourdates2
Get in my Belly!

Post by illeatyourdates2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:33 pm

psk836 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:26 pm
Well I've gotten a couple standing ovations. But those happened when I finished performing....

Well that is normal for us AMERICA LOVING Republicans, it's the libturd democrats that get BOOOOOOOOOOOOED!!

;)2
0 x