so...africans are still selling africans as slaves

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
I am Z
Global Moderator

so...africans are still selling africans as slaves

Post by I am Z » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:44 pm

does anything really good come out of that continent?

I think we should pull out every program that we have, trying to "save" that continent.

Tens of thousands of migrants, many of them from West Africa but also Bangladesh, Somalia, Sudan and Eritrea, are being held in camps and warehouses on the Libyan coast, hoping to reach Europe.

When the warehouses become overcrowded, or if migrants are unable to pay traffickers for the boat journey towards Italy – where many are rescued by NGO-operated vessels – they are sold.

The existence of modern-day slave markets has been known for months, with testimony from the International Organisation for Migration and other humanitarian agencies, but last week CNN obtained video footage of one such auction.

In scenes reminiscent of the 19th century, when the slave trade was rife, auctioneers advertised a group of West African migrants as “big strong boys for farm work.” The auctioneers referred to the migrants in Arabic as “merchandise”.

The CNN footage showed buyers bidding for the migrants, who were sold off for as little as $400 each. One West African man told the television network: “Sure, I was sold”. Others recounted how they were beaten by their “owners” as they put to work.

Ahmed Metig, the deputy prime minister of the UN-backed Government of National Accord in Tripoli, said the allegations would be investigated.

He said he would establish a "commission to investigate these reports in order to apprehend and bring those responsible to justice.”
0 x
long before there was a president Trump, I insisted on saying Merry Christmas!

:angel11:

chucky
Rock Star

Post by chucky » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:54 pm

I am Z wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:44 pm

I think we should pull out every program that we have, trying to "save" that continent.

Tens of thousands of migrants, many of them from West Africa but also Bangladesh, Somalia, Sudan and Eritrea, are being held in camps and warehouses on the Libyan coast, hoping to reach Europe.

When the warehouses become overcrowded, or if migrants are unable to pay traffickers for the boat journey towards Italy – where many are rescued by NGO-operated vessels – they are sold.

The existence of modern-day slave markets has been known for months, with testimony from the International Organisation for Migration and other humanitarian agencies, but last week CNN obtained video footage of one such auction.

In scenes reminiscent of the 19th century, when the slave trade was rife, auctioneers advertised a group of West African migrants as “big strong boys for farm work.” The auctioneers referred to the migrants in Arabic as “merchandise”.

The CNN footage showed buyers bidding for the migrants, who were sold off for as little as $400 each. One West African man told the television network: “Sure, I was sold”. Others recounted how they were beaten by their “owners” as they put to work.

Ahmed Metig, the deputy prime minister of the UN-backed Government of National Accord in Tripoli, said the allegations would be investigated.

He said he would establish a "commission to investigate these reports in order to apprehend and bring those responsible to justice.”
Times haven’t changed all that much in the dark continent.
1 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:00 pm

chucky wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:54 pm
I am Z wrote:

do you think that our tax money should continue to be siphoned off by do-gooders, thinking that they're going to save the people there?
0 x

JDDJR
Nobility

Post by JDDJR » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:13 pm

"do you think that our tax money should continue to be siphoned off by do-gooders, thinking that they're going to save the people there?"

NO......

But I do think if their inventory starts to run low America could empty it's off-colored Prison Population to restock available Inventory, for free of course.......

JUST KIDDING.......
0 x

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:33 pm

JDDJR wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:13 pm
"do you think that our tax money should continue to be siphoned off by do-gooders, thinking that they're going to save the people there?"

NO......

But I do think if their inventory starts to run low America could empty it's off-colored Prison Population to restock available Inventory, for free of course.......

JUST KIDDING.......
i highly doubt if they would ever run low.

it's just one of those ugly truths that many here in the U.S. don't acknowledge .....that when African slaves were being brought here to sell....they had already BEEN sold....by their 'cousins' and it's apparently, still going strong.

buth they're not likely to talk about this side.
0 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:00 pm

I am Z wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:33 pm
JDDJR wrote:

NO......

JUST KIDDING.......

it's just one of those ugly truths that many here in the U.S. don't acknowledge .....that when African slaves were being brought here to sell....they had already BEEN sold....by their 'cousins' and it's apparently, still going strong.

And the point?
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:20 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:00 pm
I am Z wrote:
JDDJR wrote:

NO......

JUST KIDDING.......

And the point?

jaysus!

do you need everything to be spelled out for you?

the point is..... there are always TWO sides to a story. TWO sides to our own awful slave owning history. TWO sides of a civil war. and the really weird thing is....here in 2017 .....African slaves are still being sold by their cousins! you possibly can recall when you were in school, reading and learning about American slavery and if you heard what I heard, you didn't hear much about who was doing the wholesaling over there and even here in America.

people don't remember what they don't know. it's an inconvenient truth, that's for damn sure. and here in this country the north had plenty of guilt when it came to just "who" was buying and selling slaves. but I do remember reading a lot about the south having all those slaves.
0 x

chucky
Rock Star

Post by chucky » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:04 pm

I am Z wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:00 pm
chucky wrote:
I am Z wrote:

do you think that our tax money should continue to be siphoned off by do-gooders, thinking that they're going to save the people there?
Not really.
1 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:11 pm

I am Z wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:20 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:00 pm
I am Z wrote:
JDDJR wrote:

NO......

JUST KIDDING.......

And the point?

jaysus!

do you need everything to be spelled out for you?

the point is..... there are always TWO sides to a story. TWO sides to our own awful slave owning history. TWO sides of a civil war. and the really weird thing is....here in 2017 .....African slaves are still being sold by their cousins! you possibly can recall when you were in school, reading and learning about American slavery and if you heard what I heard, you didn't hear much about who was doing the wholesaling over there and even here in America.

people don't remember what they don't know. it's an inconvenient truth, that's for damn sure. and here in this country the north had plenty of guilt when it came to just "who" was buying and selling slaves. but I do remember reading a lot about the south having all those slaves.
I don't see that the North was any more or any less guilty for the slaves. And that the slaves were sold by other African nationals makes no difference. The fact was that the US was creating a market for them. While that's an interesting factoid, I don't see where it's relevant to this country and their use of slaves.

So, what's the 'other' side of this country and slavery?
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:13 pm

chucky wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:04 pm
I am Z wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:00 pm
chucky wrote:
I am Z wrote:

Not really.

me either. that money could "save" some people right here in America.

help with the opioid epidemic, hell, build the wall with all that money. kill two birds with one stone
1 x