auto expert says Tesla will be out of business before 2019

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Re: auto expert says Tesla will be out of business before 2019

Post by evilconempire » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:52 pm

I am Z wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:37 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:32 pm
I am Z wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:04 pm
chucky wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:00 pm
I am Z wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:46 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:44 pm
I am Z wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:29 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:19 pm
I am Z wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:53 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:45 pm

That he is. His visit to Bill Maher’s show was hilarious. Is it about his “expertise “? You used your label and I used mine, this isn’t about either.

lol, you are so very predictable. you're honing your liberal playbook skills.

attack the source. rule #3

this article isn't nearly so much about who the person is that is saying what he's saying as is WHAT he is saying. the cash burn. now, if he's wrong, just say so. it's not that difficult a concept.

you could say, he's full of sht. and what he's saying is a lie.

that is the point. but hey, if attacking the source is what you have, just go with it.

:eusa_dance:
Gee the “liberal playbook “ line. Didn’t see that coming.

I don’t know if he’s right or wrong. I lack his ability to predict the future. I am questioning his ability though. Sorry that upsets you and that only your labels for others are acceptable, but you’re just going to have to deal with it

a) I'm not surprised that you didn't.

b)I'm not the least bit upset.

c) you're questioning his ability. that's fair enough, given that you immediately labeled him a "denier" rather than discuss what he's saying in the article.

whether you like him, don't like him, think he's an industry titan or a loser....he has a tremendous amount of experience and I would say that he probably has more insight than we do.

but he doesn't run a major auto company any more. he really doesn't have a dog in this fight. he's saying that even with all the money they have raised, they're going to have to keep doing that. and he doesn't think they're going to last into 2019. your buddy nolax should be along soon to help you. nolax is a big tesla supporter no matter how much money they aren't making, selling cars.
I see sarcasm is wasted on you

Yeah clearly you aren’t getting worked up over having this drivel challenged

I’ve been discussing the article since the beginning. You labeled him an expert and I labeled him a science denier. What’s the difference? Nothing.

Judging by the revealing of their new semi and sports car, they probably will need more cash. That’s not something they have had a problem doing so far so the prediction of their demise seems hollow. I’m not you, I don’t need help and I don’t get it. When will you be ducking out of this thread too and let your hero take over?
in other words, you disagree with an industry expert and nothing to prove he's wrong except that he's been labeled a "science denier" by you or someone else, that you perhaps respect.

got it.
Hey deniers can’t be right about anything, even in their field of expertise. At least that’s what some PC global warming zealots believe. :D1

maybe Lutz is a global threat.

evillb is mad because he has nothing other than the denier crap.

he doesn't seem to see how that particular industry has evolved and that the business of manufacturing autos is rapidly changing and in another 10 years, quite possibly won't resemble its former "self".
I don’t get mad about anything on these boards.

What do you have to show he’s right? I just said that I don’t know if he is right or not but I suspect he’s wrong.

I just said the industry is changing and now you’re saying I don’t seem to see it. Now that’s funny.

Man, trying to have a discussion with an easily triggered moron is futile.

you must be talking to yourself, then!

:D1

ahem.

I suspect that since he WAS a titan in the industry, he's got way more insight that we do. he could be wrong. but for you or anyone to dismiss him just because you "suspect" he isn't correct and because he's a "denier" is some excellent entertainment.

it would appear that you and Lutz would disagree on "how" the industry is changing.
Like I said, he could be right or wrong, but I suspect this science denier is wrong. I didn't dismiss him. I disagreed with him. lol

Actually we don't. We both recognize that autonomous vehicles are not far away from being a significant percentage of the cars on the road. Which raises the question why he wouldn't consider that regarding Tesla and their major investment in autonomous vehicle.
0 x
"AS MUCH AS I HATE PROVEN PEDOPHILES, I would rather have one of them than a democrat!!!" - Illeatyourdates

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:53 pm

chucky wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:56 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:28 pm
chucky wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:05 pm

oh, so....he's not just a former auto exec but he's a "denier" too?

I didn't realize this was about deniability.

tfc.
That he is. His visit to Bill Maher’s show was hilarious. Is it about his “expertise “? You used your label and I used mine, this isn’t about either.

this article isn't nearly so much about who the person is that is saying what he's saying as is WHAT he is saying. the cash burn. now, if he's wrong, just say so. it's not that difficult a concept.

that is the point. but hey, if attacking the source is what you have, just go with it.

I don’t know if he’s right or wrong. I lack his ability to predict the future. I am questioning his ability though. Sorry that upsets you and that only your labels for others are acceptable, but you’re just going to have to deal with it

c) you're questioning his ability. that's fair enough, given that you immediately labeled him a "denier" rather than discuss what he's saying in the article.

whether you like him, don't like him, think he's an industry titan or a loser....he has a tremendous amount of experience and I would say that he probably has more insight than we do.

but he doesn't run a major auto company any more. he really doesn't have a dog in this fight. he's saying that even with all the money they have raised, they're going to have to keep doing that. and he doesn't think they're going to last into 2019. your buddy nolax should be along soon to help you. nolax is a big tesla supporter no matter how much money they aren't making, selling cars.

I’ve been discussing the article since the beginning. You labeled him an expert and I labeled him a science denier. What’s the difference? Nothing.

Judging by the revealing of their new semi and sports car, they probably will need more cash. That’s not something they have had a problem doing so far so the prediction of their demise seems hollow. I’m not you, I don’t need help and I don’t get it. When will you be ducking out of this thread too and let your hero take over?
in other words, you disagree with an industry expert and nothing to prove he's wrong except that he's been labeled a "science denier" by you or someone else, that you perhaps respect.

got it.
Hey deniers can’t be right about anything, even in their field of expertise. At least that’s what some PC global warming zealots believe. :D1
I don’t know of any of these supposed “PC global warming zealots “ so I have to ask which ones believe that?

The people in those pictures said that "deniers can't be right about anything"?
0 x
"AS MUCH AS I HATE PROVEN PEDOPHILES, I would rather have one of them than a democrat!!!" - Illeatyourdates

chucky
Rock Star

Post by chucky » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:13 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:53 pm
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

got it.
I don’t know of any of these supposed “PC global warming zealots “ so I have to ask which ones believe that?

You are being too literal . My money is on the snowmen .
0 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

donttreadonme
Imperial Majesty

Post by donttreadonme » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:27 pm

I am Z wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:23 pm
http://www.hybridcars.com/former-gm-exe ... -business/

In an on-air interview Friday with CNBC’s Power Lunch, former General Motors executive Bob Lutz claimed American electric vehicle maker Tesla is “going out of business.”

Following Tesla’s unveiling of its electric semi and second-generation Roadster last week, Lutz went on CNBC and claimed the event was intended as a distraction from the manufacturing problems it’s experiencing with the Model 3. The automaker has been struggling to ramp-up production of the $35,000 sedan and failed to meet its third-quarter delivery targets, and Lutz thinks the semi event was a way to drum up hype and raise capital amid hard times.

“The company, folks, is going out of business,” Lutz said. At this rate they’ll never get to 2019.”

“They are hemorrhaging cash. They’re going to have to go for another capital raise,” he added.

Lutz is an outspoken and harsh critic of Tesla, but his statements here are at least partly being driven by something other than unfounded disdain. Establishment brands like Volkswagen, Mercedes-Benz and General Motors are better versed in vehicle making and will have a myriad of Tesla-fighting products on hand soon, which could take a bit out of its sales. This is will be especially true if it can’t work out the kinks in its production line.

“There is no secret sauce in Tesla,” Lutz said, referencing other automaker’s competing battery electric tech. “They use the same lithium-ion batteries as everybody else.”

Luckily for Tesla, it has enough of a jump on the competition for there to be a large gap between the Model 3 and the arrival of the next worthy competing product. Let’s just hope Musk can deliver on his promise of building 5,000 Model 3s a week by the end of the first-quarter of 2018.

"let's just hope"....?

oh, that's right....Tesla and Musk are darlings of the msm
This article will surely confound little Zipper Head. :guffaw:

Bob Lutz: Kiss the good times goodbye
'Everyone will have 5 years to get their car off the road or sell it for scrap'

It saddens me to say it, but we are approaching the end of the automotive era.

The auto industry is on an accelerating change curve. For hundreds of years, the horse was the prime mover of humans and for the past 120 years it has been the automobile.

Now we are approaching the end of the line for the automobile because travel will be in standardized modules.

The end state will be the fully autonomous module with no capability for the driver to exercise command. You will call for it, it will arrive at your location, you'll get in, input your destination and go to the freeway.

On the freeway, it will merge seamlessly into a stream of other modules traveling at 120, 150 mph. The speed doesn't matter. You have a blending of rail-type with individual transportation.

Then, as you approach your exit, your module will enter deceleration lanes, exit and go to your final destination. You will be billed for the transportation. You will enter your credit card number or your thumbprint or whatever it will be then. The module will take off and go to its collection point, ready for the next person to call.
http://www.autonews.com/article/2017110 ... d-bob-lutz
0 x

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:33 pm

chucky wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:13 pm
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:

got it.

So no one said that deniers can't be right about anything. Deniers do like to make up facts.
0 x

chucky
Rock Star

Post by chucky » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:41 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:33 pm
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

got it.

So no one said that deniers can't be right about anything. Deniers do like to make up facts.
How do you know that ? Have you spoken to everyone on the subject ? Were you privy to every conversation on the subject ? Do you know what everyone believes ? :D1
0 x
Stephane Charbonnier

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:03 pm

chucky wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:41 pm
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:

got it.

How do you know that ? Have you spoken to everyone on the subject ? Were you privy to every conversation on the subject ? Do you know what everyone believes ? :D1
Because you weren't able to say who it was that did say it as you claimed. Besides, who would be dumb enough to say that an entire group of people could be right about anything? they never know what day it is? What time it is? What their own name is? Yeah, I think we can chock this one up to you making stuff up again.
0 x

chucky
Rock Star

Post by chucky » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:18 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:03 pm
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

got it.

Because you weren't able to say who it was that did say it as you claimed. Besides, who would be dumb enough to say that an entire group of people could be right about anything? they never know what day it is? What time it is? What their own name is? Yeah, I think we can chock this one up to you making stuff up again.
Can “we” . And I thought you knew what hyperbole and satire were all about . :lo2l:
0 x
Stephane Charbonnier

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:37 pm

chucky wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:18 pm
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
I am Z wrote:

got it.

Can “we” . And I thought you knew what hyperbole and satire were all about . :lo2l:
We can. I knew you didn't get mockery.
0 x

chucky
Rock Star

Post by chucky » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:58 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:37 pm
chucky wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:18 pm
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:

We can. I knew you didn't get mockery.
It's better to give than to receive.
0 x
Stephane Charbonnier