auto expert says Tesla will be out of business before 2019

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Re: auto expert says Tesla will be out of business before 2019

Post by evilconempire » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:41 am

chucky wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:58 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:37 pm
chucky wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:18 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:03 pm
chucky wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:41 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:33 pm
chucky wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:13 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:53 pm
chucky wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:56 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:28 pm

I don’t know of any of these supposed “PC global warming zealots “ so I have to ask which ones believe that?

The people in those pictures said that "deniers can't be right about anything"?
You are being too literal . My money is on the snowmen .
So no one said that deniers can't be right about anything. Deniers do like to make up facts.
How do you know that ? Have you spoken to everyone on the subject ? Were you privy to every conversation on the subject ? Do you know what everyone believes ? :D1
Because you weren't able to say who it was that did say it as you claimed. Besides, who would be dumb enough to say that an entire group of people could be right about anything? they never know what day it is? What time it is? What their own name is? Yeah, I think we can chock this one up to you making stuff up again.
Can “we” . And I thought you knew what hyperbole and satire were all about . :lo2l:
We can. I knew you didn't get mockery.
It's better to give than to receive.
I'm giving
0 x
"AS MUCH AS I HATE PROVEN PEDOPHILES, I would rather have one of them than a democrat!!!" - Illeatyourdates

clusterchuck
Heir Presumptive

Post by clusterchuck » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:24 am

I dunno if Lutz has special insight to the automobile's future but I can say with confidence "they'll" have to pry the steering wheels of my personal transportation vessels from my cold dead fingers.

As far as Lutz's swami hat prediction of Tesla's financial future, some say the writing's on the wall. Others say, past performance may not be indicative of future results.

One thing for sure, Elon has advanced key engineering concepts, changed the trajectory of transportation and hasn't slowed his pace. An amazing and admirable man for sure.

NOW, everytime I have to reboot a computer or mobile device due to software "glitches", I get a little nervous about sharing the road with driverless 80,000 lb big rigs, let alone entire automobile fleets scurrying around public roadways.
1 x

barrysoetoro
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla

Post by barrysoetoro » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:39 am

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:02 pm
Yes, the author should not be hoping that thousands of people will be losing their job.

Lutz also recently said the auto industry “has no future.” It will be interesting to see if this science denier actually has any insight into these two issues
Oh, look. The first to respond was of course this dork. Got all intimidated because his green energy crap is a failure.
1 x
☪ "The Battle Cry of The Moronic..........America---Love it or Leave it", brokebackboy, America hating POS

barrysoetoro
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla

Post by barrysoetoro » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:41 am

clusterchuck wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:24 am
I dunno if Lutz has special insight to the automobile's future but I can say with confidence "they'll" have to pry the steering wheels of my personal transportation vessels from my cold dead fingers.

As far as Lutz's swami hat prediction of Tesla's financial future, some say the writing's on the wall. Others say, past performance may not be indicative of future results.

One thing for sure, Elon has advanced key engineering concepts, changed the trajectory of transportation and hasn't slowed his pace. An amazing and admirable man for sure.

NOW, everytime I have to reboot a computer or mobile device due to software "glitches", I get a little nervous about sharing the road with driverless 80,000 lb big rigs, let alone entire automobile fleets scurrying around public roadways.
Blah blah blah, blah blah blah......... you're all over the place.

Look..... green energy crap doesn't work without the gov't throwing money at it. Not even evilcommie the liberal can afford any of it. Not this car, not solar panels.
1 x
☪ "The Battle Cry of The Moronic..........America---Love it or Leave it", brokebackboy, America hating POS

clusterchuck
Heir Presumptive

Post by clusterchuck » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:25 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:41 am
clusterchuck wrote:

Blah blah blah, blah blah blah......... you're all over the place.

Look..... green energy crap doesn't work without the gov't throwing money at it. Not even evilcommie the liberal can afford any of it. Not this car, not solar panels.
"Green energy crap" is where humanity is headed. Resistance is futile.

As far as government investment - what else is new? Much of what exists in technology today was founded by investing the peoples money. I don't agree with *some* of the subsidies to make those things happen but that's a policy question, not a functional question.

If by "all over the place" you mean not radical right. You got me there.
1 x

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:40 pm

clusterchuck wrote:

you have brought up some intriguing points.

driving next to a driverless, 80k big rig is indeed, difficult for me to wrap my mind around. not the technology, I know that it is there. it's the glitches that I'm a bit concerned about.

but even bigger than that soon to be, fact of life.....my biggest concern is hacking. if anyone thought that the lane closure in NY perhaps orchestrated by Chris Christie was a big deal, just wait until massive pileups occur spontaneously, all over the roads in big cities like NYC, L.A., Chicago etc.

it will be a new age of terrorism for those who will be able to hack vehicles' computer systems and create havoc on a scale that would make the 8 people run down in NYC look like child's play.

but I too, feel like musk has been a disruptor for that industry. some of it is good but he's also selling a lot of hype. maybe too much hype.
1 x
long before there was a president Trump, I insisted on saying Merry Christmas!

:angel11:

clusterchuck
Heir Presumptive

Post by clusterchuck » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:20 pm

I am Z wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:40 pm
clusterchuck wrote:

driving next to a driverless, 80k big rig is indeed, difficult for me to wrap my mind around. not the technology, I know that it is there. it's the glitches that I'm a bit concerned about.

but even bigger than that soon to be, fact of life.....my biggest concern is hacking. if anyone thought that the lane closure in NY perhaps orchestrated by Chris Christie was a big deal, just wait until massive pileups occur spontaneously, all over the roads in big cities like NYC, L.A., Chicago etc.

it will be a new age of terrorism for those who will be able to hack vehicles' computer systems and create havoc on a scale that would make the 8 people run down in NYC look like child's play.

but I too, feel like musk has been a disruptor for that industry. some of it is good but he's also selling a lot of hype. maybe too much hype.
YAH, innovators have to sell their ideas just like Ron Popeil had to sell his pocket fisherman. Being the dreamer and the pitch man, its easy to start believing your own press.

This whole "IoT" (internet of things) is starting to get nutty. Cars talking to cars talking to traffic apps talking to milestone markers talking to data aggregators talking to google servers storing massive data. All picked off by hackers and the NSA.

Gimme a EM proof 2 door lead sled, 4 on the floor, quadrajet ground pounder, a pair of sun glasses and an open stretch of road any day. Although... one does have to acknowledge the instant torque of a model S is damned impressive. No spool up time, now "power band". It's just an on switch. Hold on to yer azz!

BTW: F16 pilots had a VERY hard time letting go of the stick allowing auto land on a pitching aircraft carrier deck. So much so it took a generation to happen. The video game generation trusted their software - old schoolers, not so much.
1 x

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:03 pm

clusterchuck wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:20 pm
I am Z wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:

YAH, innovators have to sell their ideas just like Ron Popeil had to sell his pocket fisherman. Being the dreamer and the pitch man, its easy to start believing your own press.

This whole "IoT" (internet of things) is starting to get nutty. Cars talking to cars talking to traffic apps talking to milestone markers talking to data aggregators talking to google servers storing massive data. All picked off by hackers and the NSA.

Gimme a EM proof 2 door lead sled, 4 on the floor, quadrajet ground pounder, a pair of sun glasses and an open stretch of road any day. Although... one does have to acknowledge the instant torque of a model S is damned impressive. No spool up time, now "power band". It's just an on switch. Hold on to yer azz!

BTW: F16 pilots had a VERY hard time letting go of the stick allowing auto land on a pitching aircraft carrier deck. So much so it took a generation to happen. The video game generation trusted their software - old schoolers, not so much.
yep. and iran perhaps hacked a drone and brought it down.
0 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:54 am

I am Z wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:03 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
I am Z wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:

perhaps?
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:00 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:54 am
I am Z wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:03 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
I am Z wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:

perhaps?

do you have a problem with me saying, "perhaps"?
0 x