is Tesla a racist company? class action lawsuit filed by blacks

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
I am Z
Global Moderator

is Tesla a racist company? class action lawsuit filed by blacks

Post by I am Z » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:06 am

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/tesl ... d=44715755

Monday's lawsuit, filed by former Tesla employee Marcus Vaughn, said Vaughn was routinely called the "n-word" by supervisors and coworkers after he began working at the factory in April. He says he complained in writing to human resources officials, but those complaints were never investigated.

Vaughn says he was fired in October for "not having a positive attitude." The lawsuit seeks class-action status and unspecified damages under California anti-discrimination law.

Tesla representatives didn't respond to a request for comment Tuesday but said in a company blog post Wednesday that several months ago it fired three employees after investigating "disappointing behavior" involving individuals who worked with or near Vaughn.

"At the time, our investigation identified a number of conflicting accusations and counter-accusations between several African-American and Hispanic individuals, alleging use of racial language, including the 'n-word' and 'w-word,' towards each other and a threat of violence," the company said in its statement. "After a thorough investigation, immediate action was taken, which included terminating the employment of three of the individuals

what is up with that?

:coupe_affro:
1 x
long before there was a president Trump, I insisted on saying Merry Christmas!

:angel11:

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:18 am

I can't say because we don't know if the accusations are true or, if true, how many people knew about it or engaged in it. If this isn't just a few bad apples and instead is the general culture there then it would seem that it is.

Would you say it is?
0 x
"AS MUCH AS I HATE PROVEN PEDOPHILES, I would rather have one of them than a democrat!!!" - Illeatyourdates

donttreadonme
Imperial Majesty

Post by donttreadonme » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:20 am

Tesla will be bought out soon by a global manufacturer like Mercedes and then it's off to the races to make electric cars the preferred automobile.

0 x

donttreadonme
Imperial Majesty

Post by donttreadonme » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:24 am

evilconempire wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:18 am
I can't say because we don't know if the accusations are true or, if true, how many people knew about it or engaged in it. If this isn't just a few bad apples and instead is the general culture there then it would seem that it is.

Would you say it is?
Mush has already addressed this issue earlier this week.

1 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:15 pm

I am Z wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:06 am

Monday's lawsuit, filed by former Tesla employee Marcus Vaughn, said Vaughn was routinely called the "n-word" by supervisors and coworkers after he began working at the factory in April. He says he complained in writing to human resources officials, but those complaints were never investigated.

Vaughn says he was fired in October for "not having a positive attitude." The lawsuit seeks class-action status and unspecified damages under California anti-discrimination law.

Tesla representatives didn't respond to a request for comment Tuesday but said in a company blog post Wednesday that several months ago it fired three employees after investigating "disappointing behavior" involving individuals who worked with or near Vaughn.

"At the time, our investigation identified a number of conflicting accusations and counter-accusations between several African-American and Hispanic individuals, alleging use of racial language, including the 'n-word' and 'w-word,' towards each other and a threat of violence," the company said in its statement. "After a thorough investigation, immediate action was taken, which included terminating the employment of three of the individuals

what is up with that?

He was a temporary employee, through a staffing agency. His contract wasn't renewed. That's not being fired.
2 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:50 am

Someone went missing from this thread. :lo2l:
0 x
"AS MUCH AS I HATE PROVEN PEDOPHILES, I would rather have one of them than a democrat!!!" - Illeatyourdates

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:12 am

nolaxride wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:15 pm
I am Z wrote:

what is up with that?

He was a temporary employee, through a staffing agency. His contract wasn't renewed. That's not being fired.

out of the whole article, that's all you found? hahahahhahahha!

here, allow me:

I'm going to highlight some pertinent information that you may have overlooked in your eagerness to defend Tesla.

James Martin/CNET

Tesla Motors is being accused of allowing its California production plant to become a "hotbed for racist behavior."

A racial discrimination lawsuit, filed Monday in California Superior Court in Oakland, said black employees were addressed by racial slurs and company management ignored their complaints. The lawsuit is at least the third filed this year against Tesla alleging racial discrimination at its Fremont, California, factory.

"At the time, our investigation identified a number of conflicting accusations and counter-accusations between several African-American and Hispanic individuals, alleging use of racial language, including the 'n-word' and 'w-word,' towards each other and a threat of violence," the company said in its statement. "After a thorough investigation, immediate action was taken, which included terminating the employment of three of the individuals."

Tesla also said that Vaughn wasn't fired as stated in the lawsuit, but rather was a temporary employees whose contract wasn't renewed.

The lawsuit is the latest in a growing number of lawsuits accusing Tesla of discrimination. In March, another black employee sued the automaker, alleging he was sexually harassed, racially harassed and racially discriminated against at the Fremont facility. A trio of former employees made similar claims in a lawsuit filed against the company in October.

now then, are you saying that it's ok to call Vaughn the N word if he's a temporary employee, whose contract wasn't renewed?

and did you notice that this isn't the FIRST DISCRIMINATION lawsuit?

:D1
0 x

chucky
Rock Star

Post by chucky » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:17 am

I am Z wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:12 am
nolaxride wrote:
I am Z wrote:

what is up with that?

here, allow me:

I'm going to highlight some pertinent information that you may have overlooked in your eagerness to defend Tesla.

James Martin/CNET

Tesla Motors is being accused of allowing its California production plant to become a "hotbed for racist behavior."

A racial discrimination lawsuit, filed Monday in California Superior Court in Oakland, said black employees were addressed by racial slurs and company management ignored their complaints. The lawsuit is at least the third filed this year against Tesla alleging racial discrimination at its Fremont, California, factory.

"At the time, our investigation identified a number of conflicting accusations and counter-accusations between several African-American and Hispanic individuals, alleging use of racial language, including the 'n-word' and 'w-word,' towards each other and a threat of violence," the company said in its statement. "After a thorough investigation, immediate action was taken, which included terminating the employment of three of the individuals."

Tesla also said that Vaughn wasn't fired as stated in the lawsuit, but rather was a temporary employees whose contract wasn't renewed.

The lawsuit is the latest in a growing number of lawsuits accusing Tesla of discrimination. In March, another black employee sued the automaker, alleging he was sexually harassed, racially harassed and racially discriminated against at the Fremont facility. A trio of former employees made similar claims in a lawsuit filed against the company in October.

now then, are you saying that it's ok to call Vaughn the N word if he's a temporary employee, whose contract wasn't renewed?

Different Groups of minority workers not getting along in the workplace. It doesn’t surprise me to see that in ur racially charged society. Hard to know who is at fault or if the allegations are completely truthful.
0 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:14 pm

I am Z wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
I am Z wrote:

what is up with that?

here, allow me:

James Martin/CNET

Sounds like a bunch of little boys using bad language. W words, N words... between black and hispanics is surprising? IMHO, there's no discrimination here, just little boys who can't play in the same sandbox.
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:20 am

nolaxride wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:14 pm
I am Z wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
I am Z wrote:

what is up with that?

here, allow me:

James Martin/CNET

Sounds like a bunch of little boys using bad language. W words, N words... between black and hispanics is surprising? IMHO, there's no discrimination here, just little boys who can't play in the same sandbox.
I'm not the least bit surprised at your answer. if this were a Trump company, you and evillib would be all over this. like the article said this isn't the FIRST discrimination lawsuit. if it were, I'd be more willing to go along with the feeble sandbox theory.

but I'm sure that's the best you have.
0 x