America, I apologize for the South's hypocrisy

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Re: America, I apologize for the South's hypocrisy

Post by evilconempire » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:41 pm

clusterchuck wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:34 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:27 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:25 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:41 am
clusterchuck wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:33 am
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:16 am
clusterchuck wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:14 am
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:12 am
clusterchuck wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:09 am
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:03 am

It's a general statement about the prevalent view in the region. His points were spot on.
That's your perspective.

I maintain quoting a few whack job published for you to read doesn't = "prevalent" among millions of citizens in "his region".
And that is your perspective.

It's common knowledge that religion has a strong presence in the South. I mean, the Bible belt isn't in Washington, now is it? Yet throughout their history they have continued to elect a high number of less than respectable politicians.
More blinding broad brushing.
LOL It's just a fact. Sorry that you don't know about it already.
Does snark qualify as civil social dialogue?

Broad brushing and double standards. How very common.
I apologize if you found that to be uncivil. I just find it funny that anyone would try to pretend the South isn't a very religious, particularly Xtian, region.

General statements about prevailing traits of groups is common and most people understand that it doesn't mean every single person fits those traits. I don't see the double standard. Perhaps you could explain it to me.
The insincerity of your apology in underwhelming.

Somehow, efforts to explain something you don't already realize seem futile. Rabbit hole-ish you might say. Which, including broad brushing, is another thing you don't do.
I was actually being sincere, but apparently you know better than me how sincere I'm being.

I've listened to every point you've made. I disagree with them and I explain why. That's not a rabbit hole...it's a discussion.
I'm sure you think sincerity was conveyed, even when offset by what you find "funny" about what someone "knows" about the "xtian" south.

The tint of your perspective is clearly visible. As is your insistence the perspective of others is "skewed" by the tint of theirs.
I know that I was being sincere, but your bias when it comes to me has skewed your perspective.

The "tint" of our perspectives is clearly visible. If I didn't think your perspective is skewed then we would be agreeing on this.
0 x
"AS MUCH AS I HATE PROVEN PEDOPHILES, I would rather have one of them than a democrat!!!" - Illeatyourdates

clusterchuck
Heir Presumptive

Post by clusterchuck » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:04 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:41 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:09 am

That's your perspective.

I maintain quoting a few whack job published for you to read doesn't = "prevalent" among millions of citizens in "his region".

It's common knowledge that religion has a strong presence in the South. I mean, the Bible belt isn't in Washington, now is it? Yet throughout their history they have continued to elect a high number of less than respectable politicians.

I apologize if you found that to be uncivil. I just find it funny that anyone would try to pretend the South isn't a very religious, particularly Xtian, region.

General statements about prevailing traits of groups is common and most people understand that it doesn't mean every single person fits those traits. I don't see the double standard. Perhaps you could explain it to me.

Somehow, efforts to explain something you don't already realize seem futile. Rabbit hole-ish you might say. Which, including broad brushing, is another thing you don't do.
I was actually being sincere, but apparently you know better than me how sincere I'm being.

I've listened to every point you've made. I disagree with them and I explain why. That's not a rabbit hole...it's a discussion.
I'm sure you think sincerity was conveyed, even when offset by what you find "funny" about what someone "knows" about the "xtian" south.

The tint of your perspective is clearly visible. As is your insistence the perspective of others is "skewed" by the tint of theirs.
I know that I was being sincere, but your bias when it comes to me has skewed your perspective.

The "tint" of our perspectives is clearly visible. If I didn't think your perspective is skewed then we would be agreeing on this.
. I'm sure you think sincerity was conveyed. Your bias is as visible as mine.
0 x

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:09 pm

clusterchuck wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:04 pm
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

Even if you didn't take it as being sincere, I told you it was. That should have been the end of it, but instead you move the goalposts from stating my sincerity is underwhelming to claiming it wasn't conveyed as being sincere. Maybe that's on you rather than me...nah, has to be me.
0 x
"AS MUCH AS I HATE PROVEN PEDOPHILES, I would rather have one of them than a democrat!!!" - Illeatyourdates

clusterchuck
Heir Presumptive

Post by clusterchuck » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:13 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:09 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:

Even if you didn't take it as being sincere, I told you it was. That should have been the end of it, but instead you move the goalposts from stating my sincerity is underwhelming to claiming it wasn't conveyed as being sincere. Maybe that's on you rather than me...nah, has to be me.
History and perspective being what it is, I agree. It's you.

EDIT: there was no moving of a goal post. But I understand why you would position the comments that way.
0 x

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:15 pm

clusterchuck wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:13 pm
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

History and perspective being what it is, I agree. It's you
I figured you would
0 x

clusterchuck
Heir Presumptive

Post by clusterchuck » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:16 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:15 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:

I figured you would
You were right. Again.
0 x

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:18 pm

clusterchuck wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:16 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:15 pm
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

I figured you would
You were right. Again.
Seems that way
0 x

chucky
Rock Star

Post by chucky » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:08 pm

evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:

I frequently am candid with you on how I feel and what I think and you frequently deny it’s veracity. I’m OK with it though , I feel your pain.
0 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:10 pm

chucky wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:08 pm
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

I frequently am candid with you on how I feel and what I think and you frequently deny it’s veracity. I’m OK with it though , I feel your pain.
I've been very candid with you also on my feelings while you have questioned the honesty. Perhaps you're getting what you give? I'm in no pain. I enjoy the hypocrisy.
0 x

chucky
Rock Star

Post by chucky » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:13 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:10 pm
chucky wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:05 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:46 am
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:35 am
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:22 am
chucky wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:17 am
clusterchuck wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

There is apparently no antidote to black and white political stooge thinking.
And here we go with the uncivil and juvenile behavior. "Either you agree with me or you're 'not as smart as I though you were' or 'you're a political stooge' or 'you're not a logical person.'" Good stuff, Chucky. Way to keep lowering the bar around here.
I guess you see yourself in that generic statement made by myself to another poster. The rest of it seems like projection to me though I could be wrong. It may just be some form of intricate satire or complex parody. I am pretty sure I am one of the few posters who tries to raise the bar here on a daily basis . :sun:
You reply to CC's reply to me and you're going to play it off as you weren't talking about me. The bar continues to drop.
It was a generic statement. If you need to internalize it I understand. What I don’t understand is you defense of bigotry given how harshly you judge others about it, but then again maybe I do . We all see things from a different perspective I have to remember that.
LOL I'm not as dumb as you think. You were clearly referring to me because I don't see things from your skewed perspective. You can pretend it wasn't, but it clearly was.

I don't see the bigotry that you do while ignoring actual bigotry in others. The author made some factual statements about the South and made some solid points about the problems that come with them.

I'm still waiting for you to explain how this author, having never said it was everyone in the South, is referring to everyone in the South, but when your lap dog says to me, "you defend ALL Muslims" you argued that he didn't mean all. Care to address that one or shall we just chock it up to your hypocrisy?
I hold a professional writer who publishes to a higher standard than a guy who posts on a message board. I know Z for a long while and I have read his opinions over that time so I know he doesn’t mean all Muslims when he made that statement . what he was trying to say was that “you defend Muslims all the time” meaning you do it frequently. You know that’s what he meant. I don’t know why you feel the need to justify this author’s anti south anti Christian condescending bigotry by attacking what Z mistakenly did a long while ago.
What higher standard? he said what he meant and it was accurate.

LOL So I should know that "you defend ALL Muslims" means I defend Muslims frequently? You can't be serious. You have some serious blinders when it comes to Z. You cannot be objective with regard to him.

I agree with his fact-based points. I don't need to defend him and I'm not. I'm correcting your hypocritical misrepresentation of what he said.
My interpretation is wrong and hypocritical ? Lol that’s funny, I just took him at his word since I don’t know him. You hold Z to a higher standard than a professional writer . Now that takes the cake . Lol and you call me a hypocrite. This is some of your best stuff yet. :rolling:
0 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier