Maine Woman Would Rather Go To Jail Than Take Down Trump Signs

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
illeatyourdates2
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla

Post by illeatyourdates2 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:17 pm

09/20/2017 Source: Daily Caller by: Grace Carr

61 25 9 117

image: https://structurecms-staging-psyclone.n ... 1501684428
A 75-year-old woman said she would prefer to find herself behind bars than take down her signs supporting President Donald Trump.

After authorities demanded that Rockland, Maine, resident Susan Reitman take down the signs in front of her property, she refused and said she’d rather go to jail than get rid of them, according to New England Cable News. Reitman refused to compromise her pride in the nation’s president, made evident by signs that read, “I love Trump” and “He Won, Get over it.”

“I was shocked,” she told the local television news outlet on Tuesday, expressing confusion over why authorities were allowed to ask her to remove the signs decorating her house. “This is my freedom of speech. People have a right to voice their opinion,” she said.

“If I have to sit in jail for the rest of eternity, that’s my choice,” Reitman added. “I guess I’m being stubborn … but I’m not going to back down from what I believe.”

http://trumptrainnews.com/articles/main ... rump-signs

;)2
0 x

thelionofthenorth
Global Moderator

Post by thelionofthenorth » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:25 pm

How convenient that your cite - and yourself - lied by omitting the legal basis for the ordered removal.

"...they exceed the size of signs allowed on residential properties...."

It's a code violation, and has nothing to do with the content as your threadline implied.
0 x
Stupidity deserves no pity.