is this display of cotton actually racist?

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
I am Z
Global Moderator

is this display of cotton actually racist?

Post by I am Z » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:45 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/hobby-lobb ... 21026.html

Crafts store Hobby Lobby is taking serious heat for a store display that one woman is calling “racist.”

On Thursday, Facebook user Daniell Rider posted a photo to Hobby Lobby’s Facebook page, of a vase of cotton flowers displayed in a Texas store. She captioned it, “This decor is WRONG on SO many levels. There is nothing decorative about raw cotton… A commodity which was gained at the expense of African-American slaves. A little sensitivity goes a long way. PLEASE REMOVE THIS ‘décor.’”

The $29.99 stems (marked down to $15 on the company website) was shared more than 15K times and earned 169K comments, an overwhelming majority of which ridiculed Rider for being “too sensitive” and a few that defended her stance.

cotton.jpg

really? where does this end?

what's next? are cotton sheets and pillow cases / towels and 100% cotton jeans going to be racist, too or is it just the sight of cotton?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
statistics bee racisss

JDDJR
Courtier

Post by JDDJR » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:08 pm

I am Z wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:45 pm

Crafts store Hobby Lobby is taking serious heat for a store display that one woman is calling “racist.”

On Thursday, Facebook user Daniell Rider posted a photo to Hobby Lobby’s Facebook page, of a vase of cotton flowers displayed in a Texas store. She captioned it, “This decor is WRONG on SO many levels. There is nothing decorative about raw cotton… A commodity which was gained at the expense of African-American slaves. A little sensitivity goes a long way. PLEASE REMOVE THIS ‘décor.’”

The $29.99 stems (marked down to $15 on the company website) was shared more than 15K times and earned 169K comments, an overwhelming majority of which ridiculed Rider for being “too sensitive” and a few that defended her stance.

cotton.jpg

what's next? are cotton sheets and pillow cases / towels and 100% cotton jeans going to be racist, too or is it just the sight of cotton?
I can't even IMAGINE the outrage, if it were a Bunch of BANANAS...... :rolling:
1 x

chucky
Rock Star

Post by chucky » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:50 am

I am Z wrote:

cotton.jpg

More PC idiocy on display. The slippery slope is far more slippery than some here claimed.
2 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:16 am

chucky wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:50 am
I am Z wrote:

cotton.jpg

More PC idiocy on display. The slippery slope is far more slippery than some here claimed.
yeah, they just keep pouring oil on the slope. lol
1 x
statistics bee racisss

clusterchuck
Heir Presumptive

Post by clusterchuck » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:27 am

It would send a clear message to the *looking-to-be-offended* crowd if Hobby Lobby moved the fried chicken and water melons to separate aisles, far away from the cotton decorations.
1 x

clusterchuck
Heir Presumptive

Post by clusterchuck » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:31 am

chucky wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:50 am
I am Z wrote:

cotton.jpg

"I have it on good authority" that slippery slopes are a logical fallacy. In all cases, regardless of topic. Wholesale. Across the board. There's even a web site to prove it.

So neener.
1 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:10 am

I am Z wrote:

cotton.jpg

You're always going to have a few nuts... on both sides.
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:10 am

clusterchuck wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:27 am
It would send a clear message to the *looking-to-be-offended* crowd if Hobby Lobby moved the fried chicken and water melons to separate aisles, far away from the cotton decorations.
I have never been in a hobby lobby. do they sell food?
0 x
statistics bee racisss

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:10 am

I am Z wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:10 am
clusterchuck wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:27 am
I have never been in a hobby lobby. do they sell food?
Nope. No food. Just their version of christianity.
1 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

evilconempire
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla

Post by evilconempire » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:16 am

No, it's just one woman expressing her opinion. There are those that will be offended by something as inane as piece of art with cotton on it or someone typing the word "Xian." Some people just need to be offended by anything.
0 x
"That Canadian HERO did what the world should do, but not only to the FILTHY muslims but the libturd democrats also!!" - Illeatyourdates