PRESIDENT Trump SLAMS socialism!!!! Now that's a President, not a "carnival barker"

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
User avatar
I am Z
Global Moderator
Posts: 9242
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:13 am
x 1155

Re: PRESIDENT Trump SLAMS socialism!!!! Now that's a President, not a "carnival barker"

Post by I am Z » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:34 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:33 pm
I am Z wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:31 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:50 pm
The president proved, once again, that he doesn't understand socialism. We have never had a socialist state in the world. Ever.


hair splitter alert!
Is that or is that not an accurate statement?
http://communpedia.wikia.com/wiki/List_ ... _countries
Socialist_states_by_duration.png

perhaps if you don't include SELF DECLARED socialist countries
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
long before there was a president Trump, I insisted on saying Merry Christmas!

:angel11:

User avatar
nolaxride
Global Moderator
Posts: 11408
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm
x 555

Post by nolaxride » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:45 pm

I am Z wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:34 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:33 pm
I am Z wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:31 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:50 pm
The president proved, once again, that he doesn't understand socialism. We have never had a socialist state in the world. Ever.


hair splitter alert!
Is that or is that not an accurate statement?
http://communpedia.wikia.com/wiki/List_ ... _countries

Socialist_states_by_duration.png


perhaps if you don't include SELF DECLARED socialist countries
And there isn't a single self declared country that's truly socialist. Sort of like calling the US a democracy.
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

User avatar
I am Z
Global Moderator
Posts: 9242
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:13 am
x 1155

Post by I am Z » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:52 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:45 pm
I am Z wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:34 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:33 pm
I am Z wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:31 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:50 pm
The president proved, once again, that he doesn't understand socialism. We have never had a socialist state in the world. Ever.


hair splitter alert!
Is that or is that not an accurate statement?
http://communpedia.wikia.com/wiki/List_ ... _countries

Socialist_states_by_duration.png


perhaps if you don't include SELF DECLARED socialist countries
And there isn't a single self declared country that's truly socialist. Sort of like calling the US a democracy.
the u.s. is called a republic and a democracy:



I often hear people argue that the United States is a republic, not a democracy. But that’s a false dichotomy. A common definition of “republic” is, to quote the American Heritage Dictionary, “A political order in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who are entitled to vote for officers and representatives responsible to them” — we are that. A common definition of “democracy” is, “Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives” — we are that, too.

The United States is not a direct democracy, in the sense of a country in which laws (and other government decisions) are made predominantly by majority vote. Some lawmaking is done this way, on the state and local levels, but it’s only a tiny fraction of all lawmaking. But we are a representative democracy, which is a form of democracy.

And indeed the American form of government has been called a “democracy” by leading American statesmen and legal commentators from the Framing on. It’s true that some Framing-era commentators made arguments that distinguished “democracy” and “republic”; see, for instance, The Federalist (No. 10), though even that first draws the distinction between “pure democracy” and a “republic,” only later just saying “democracy.” But even in that era, “representative democracy” was understood as a form of democracy, alongside “pure democracy”: John Adams used the term “representative democracy” in 1794; so did Noah Webster in 1785; so did St. George Tucker in his 1803 edition of Blackstone; so did Thomas Jefferson in 1815. Tucker’s Blackstone likewise uses “democracy” to describe a representative democracy, even when the qualifier “representative” is omitted
0 x
long before there was a president Trump, I insisted on saying Merry Christmas!

:angel11:

User avatar
barrysoetoro
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla
Posts: 18747
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 pm
x 375

Post by barrysoetoro » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:13 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:45 pm
I am Z wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:34 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:33 pm
I am Z wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:31 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:50 pm
The president proved, once again, that he doesn't understand socialism. We have never had a socialist state in the world. Ever.


hair splitter alert!
Is that or is that not an accurate statement?
http://communpedia.wikia.com/wiki/List_ ... _countries

Socialist_states_by_duration.png


perhaps if you don't include SELF DECLARED socialist countries
And there isn't a single self declared country that's truly socialist. Sort of like calling the US a democracy.
What are the requirements? And yes, I agree with Z you are splitting hairs again to defend your liberal agenda.
0 x
☪ "The Battle Cry of The Moronic..........America---Love it or Leave it", brokebackboy, America hating POS

User avatar
barrysoetoro
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla
Posts: 18747
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 pm
x 375

Post by barrysoetoro » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:16 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:32 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:02 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:50 pm
The president proved, once again, that he doesn't understand socialism. We have never had a socialist state in the world. Ever.
Because it can't work. Socialism is like tying a rope around your waist and trying to pick yourself up.

And yet you liberals keep on wanting to try it (like in Denmark where it's a failure).
You've clearly done no sailing... sailors regularly pull themselves up the mast.

now, tell me about Denmark's failure...
Their healthcare is NOT free, their standard of living is not higher. The people are HEAVILY taxed.

So, now that that's cleared up, tell me. Why has socialism failed everywhere it's been tried? The USSR, N Korea, Cuba, where the gov't controls it all.
0 x
☪ "The Battle Cry of The Moronic..........America---Love it or Leave it", brokebackboy, America hating POS

User avatar
nolaxride
Global Moderator
Posts: 11408
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm
x 555

Post by nolaxride » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:18 pm

I am Z wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:52 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:45 pm
I am Z wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:34 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:33 pm
I am Z wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:31 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:50 pm
The president proved, once again, that he doesn't understand socialism. We have never had a socialist state in the world. Ever.


hair splitter alert!
Is that or is that not an accurate statement?
http://communpedia.wikia.com/wiki/List_ ... _countries

Socialist_states_by_duration.png


perhaps if you don't include SELF DECLARED socialist countries
And there isn't a single self declared country that's truly socialist. Sort of like calling the US a democracy.
the u.s. is called a republic and a democracy:



I often hear people argue that the United States is a republic, not a democracy. But that’s a false dichotomy. A common definition of “republic” is, to quote the American Heritage Dictionary, “A political order in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who are entitled to vote for officers and representatives responsible to them” — we are that. A common definition of “democracy” is, “Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives” — we are that, too.

The United States is not a direct democracy, in the sense of a country in which laws (and other government decisions) are made predominantly by majority vote. Some lawmaking is done this way, on the state and local levels, but it’s only a tiny fraction of all lawmaking. But we are a representative democracy, which is a form of democracy.

And indeed the American form of government has been called a “democracy” by leading American statesmen and legal commentators from the Framing on. It’s true that some Framing-era commentators made arguments that distinguished “democracy” and “republic”; see, for instance, The Federalist (No. 10), though even that first draws the distinction between “pure democracy” and a “republic,” only later just saying “democracy.” But even in that era, “representative democracy” was understood as a form of democracy, alongside “pure democracy”: John Adams used the term “representative democracy” in 1794; so did Noah Webster in 1785; so did St. George Tucker in his 1803 edition of Blackstone; so did Thomas Jefferson in 1815. Tucker’s Blackstone likewise uses “democracy” to describe a representative democracy, even when the qualifier “representative” is omitted
Great definitions. I applaud the time and thought you put into finding your response.

And how many times have you heard tea party conservatives claim this is not a democracy?
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

User avatar
barrysoetoro
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla
Posts: 18747
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 pm
x 375

Post by barrysoetoro » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:21 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:33 pm
I am Z wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:31 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:50 pm
The president proved, once again, that he doesn't understand socialism. We have never had a socialist state in the world. Ever.


hair splitter alert!
Is that or is that not an accurate statement?
Hair splitter is accurate.
0 x
☪ "The Battle Cry of The Moronic..........America---Love it or Leave it", brokebackboy, America hating POS

Tejanochimbo
Heir Presumptive
Posts: 2491
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:19 am
x 56

Post by Tejanochimbo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:31 pm

► Good lord

Why are you complaining about Socialism?

And what do you think the stupidest man in American political history would know about it?
0 x
✡ Israel is a pain in the åss

User avatar
numarymag
Imperial Majesty
Posts: 7556
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:09 pm
x 509

Post by numarymag » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:39 pm

Tejanochimbo wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:31 pm
► Good lord

Why are you complaining about Socialism?

And what do you think the stupidest man in American political history would know about it?
Gee Tejan I don't know what you'd know about it but I wouldn't think you were stupid.
0 x

User avatar
nolaxride
Global Moderator
Posts: 11408
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm
x 555

Post by nolaxride » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:27 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:13 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:45 pm
I am Z wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:34 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:33 pm
I am Z wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:31 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:50 pm
The president proved, once again, that he doesn't understand socialism. We have never had a socialist state in the world. Ever.


hair splitter alert!
Is that or is that not an accurate statement?
http://communpedia.wikia.com/wiki/List_ ... _countries

Socialist_states_by_duration.png


perhaps if you don't include SELF DECLARED socialist countries
And there isn't a single self declared country that's truly socialist. Sort of like calling the US a democracy.
What are the requirements? And yes, I agree with Z you are splitting hairs again to defend your liberal agenda.
What liberal agenda is that?
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests