black college students offended at college president's table centerpiece

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
I am Z
Global Moderator

Re: black college students offended at college president's table centerpiece

Post by I am Z » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:44 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:50 pm
I am Z wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:33 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:47 am
I am Z wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:43 am
evilconempire wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:16 am
chucky wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:13 am
evilconempire wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:05 am
chucky wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:53 am
I am Z wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:04 am
https://www.yahoo.com/news/college-pres ... 03994.html

the centerpiece contained cotton stalks.

apparently, that's offensive to people who have never picked cotton. as if all cotton pickers were former slaves.

The president of Lipscomb University invited African American students over to his Nashville home for dinner Friday, where he had cotton stalks as centerpieces. After the students deemed the tableware offensive, he issued an apology.

President L. Randolph Lowry, who is white, invited black students to his home for dinner to discuss their experiences at Lipscomb, according to a Facebook post. The students noticed his dinner table was laden with cotton stalks, which offended them, according to the post. Lowry apologized through a campus-wide email.

"As we arrived to the president's home and proceeded to go in we seen cotton as the center pieces," a student identified as Nakayla Yvonne wrote under a picture she took of the centerpiece on Instagram. "We also stood and ate dinner, there were no seats to sit in and it felt very uncomfortable.

now that seems a bit strange.

"We were very offended, and also the meals that were provided resembled many "black meals" they had mac n cheese, collard greens, corn bread etc. The night before Latinos also had dinner at his house and they had tacos. They also DIDN'T have the center piece that we HAD tonight."

that kind of meal is now, offensive?

I would have liked the previous meal very much, also.

I like that kind of food very much!
Funny stuff. Some people need to be offended all the time.
Way too many people looking to offended by silly things like cotton and "Xian." PC is out of control.
It is. I am not offended by "Xian" . I think it is a deliberate sign of disrespect on your part so I point it out. You are very selective in your disrespect for religious groups. I find that funny.
Did someone say you were offended by "Xian"?

"I think..." You don't think at all. I've already told you that it's just shorthand, but please do pretend to know my intentions. It's funny to watch you be so wrong.

Not selective at all. That's just your bias preventing you from having a clear perspective.

yeah, lol!!! you use shorthand so much!!!!

that's great comedy, I tell you!

:D1
I do actually, eg gov't, dx, con, lib, dem, rep, etc... but that doesn't fit the troll so stick with it. It's cute how when one of you isn't faring well the other jumps in to help.
i'll concede to a point. I haven't seen you use all those "shorthand" words. but i'll give you the benefit of that doubt.

I personally, find it offensive when people use the term Xtian / xtian. I forgive them for their ignorance but it's not likely that they're going to start typing Christian. so, I looked up some of the reasons people do type xtian(s).

here are some of the "results"

xtian

abbreviated form of Christian, often used as a derogatory term by Satanists, militant Atheists, etc. It is derived from the use of X as an abbreviation for Christ, as in Xmas. Strictly speaking, this rule dictates it be spelled "xian," but it is spelled "xtian" to avoid confusion with the city of Xian,China.

Satanist(online): "Modern society has such a disregard for the living world. I blame the xtian scum!"

another;

Xtian

Term used by irrational atheists/wiccans/pantheists to refer to Christians. It comes from the Greek name for Christ, Xristos. Normally used by the most aggressive and militant of anti-Christians.

Dumbass: "Y0u XtiAns are all braInWAShed! i aM SMArt !11 herp derp!"

and another:

xtian

A word that atheists use because for some reason they think it's supposed to insult Christians.

You stupid xtians need to realize that the Church of Virus is the only true church.

by SVTMunchkin July 09, 2004

and another:

xtian

people who claim to be followers of Jesus Christ, but have a pattern of behavior that is contradictory to the teachings of Christ.

a christian in name only.

a religious person who lacks empathy.

a religious person who is not to be trusted.

Unlike the rest of her gossiping xtian coworkers, Sarah didn't think that yelling racist insults at a Trump rally was what Jesus would do.

by robinKryptyk July 28, 2016
LOL Yes, well if other people allegedly use it that way then I must be too. Get over it, snowflake. It's just shorthand

I'm sure that's the only reason. carry on.
0 x
long before there was a president Trump, I insisted on saying Merry Christmas!

:angel11:

clusterchuck
Heir Presumptive

Post by clusterchuck » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:49 pm

Great thread. Very instructive.
VariableMeaning.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:51 pm

clusterchuck wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:49 pm
Great thread. Very instructive.

VariableMeaning.jpg

I thought it was a good discussion type of thread. so far, it's been mostly deflection and other stuff. feel free to bring it back to the original topic re:

college president invites black students to dinner and they were immediately offended by the centerpiece which had cotton stalks in it.
0 x

chucky
Rock Star

Post by chucky » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:02 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:05 am

Copying Toshi now? Did you like it better than posting in blue ?
1 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:04 pm

chucky wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:02 pm
evilconempire wrote:

You think he posted that first?

You're really dipping into pathetic territory. Keep it up. Your transformation appears to be complete.
0 x
"AS MUCH AS I HATE PROVEN PEDOPHILES, I would rather have one of them than a democrat!!!" - Illeatyourdates

chucky
Rock Star

Post by chucky » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:09 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:04 pm
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

You're really dipping into pathetic territory. Keep it up. Your transformation appears to be complete.
You have been saying that nonsense for years. I haven't changed at all. you on the other hand :D1
1 x
Stephane Charbonnier

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:11 pm

chucky wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:09 pm
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

You have been saying that nonsense for years. I haven't changed at all. you on the other hand :D1
this was situation specific and you are dipping into BarryS territory. You're demonstrating once again a lack of self-awareness.
0 x
"AS MUCH AS I HATE PROVEN PEDOPHILES, I would rather have one of them than a democrat!!!" - Illeatyourdates

chucky
Rock Star

Post by chucky » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:13 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:11 pm
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

this was situation specific and you are dipping into BarryS territory. You're demonstrating once again a lack of self-awareness.
Lol you are so unoriginal.
2 x
Stephane Charbonnier

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:14 pm

chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

killed it, lol!
0 x

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:18 pm

chucky wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:13 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:11 pm
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

Lol you are so unoriginal.
Oh that's good irony.

Hey, are you going to answer me, "straight shooter"?
0 x